PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nope, Tim Tebow can't play in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 46 yards were when he came in for Drew Bledsoe in the 4th quarter, and the 86 yards came in his second game as a starter, and both were losses, so were not part of the Brady legend and never used as evidence that he was a "winner."

I didn't say they were in winning games. I was noting the paucity of passing yards in some of the games Brady started in his first season. This kid's not pulling a Sanchez, where he's giving the ball away and then finally having a good drive or two to cover his own ass. He's not turning the ball over, and he's playing well enough for his team to win. Hell, if Lloyd had caught that two point conversion, he might well have that Broncos team at 6-4 right now.

There are a lot of people here who should look to themselves and ask why their prejudices are so strong that they can't give the kid credit for what he's doing right now.

Last edited:
I can't wait to play them. BB will keep him in the pocket and try to make him beat us with his arm. We are going to destroy them.

I have no desire to read the 8 pages here. The man is not an NFL qb. Anyone who claims "But he just wins" is a fool.

The Jets should have allowed only 3 points. Period. Can he "just win" with 3 points?

I can't wait to play them. BB will keep him in the pocket and try to make him beat us with his arm. We are going to destroy them.

replace BB with Rex Ryan and you should just like a Jets fan. never underestimate Tim Tebow

The Broncos started five drives in Jet territory last night. They scored 3 points off of them. They went 3-and-out 8 times, and gained 1, 0 or -1 yards on five of them.

If Tebow wasn't an albatross on his team's offense for 3 1/2 quarters, they could have had the game well in hand without need of any 4th quarter heroics.

Conversely, ff the Jets had managed to do anything on offense themselves, if Sanchez didn't gift-wrap 7 points for the Broncos, then the game is well out of hand before Tebow can do any last-minute heroics.

In the past 2 seasons, the Broncos are 9-17. With Tebow as the team's starter, the Broncos are 5-3. Without Tebow as the team's starter, they are 4-14.

You can belittle him all you want. The facts are there. The kid's winning

It is what it is.
Reminds me of the Pats back when Flutie was here. You could tell that Raymond Berry hated the kid. Kept him on a short leash. That is until the 4th QTR when the Pats were trailing. Then it was Flutie time. Flutie was undefeated in Foxboro at a time when the Pats were crappy. It wasn't pretty but he had a knack for doing something right at the right time.

Back then you could get prime seats at face or less before the game from ST holders bailing. Walked up one Sunday to see the Bears 1st appearance vs the Pats after that awful SB ass kicking. First play of the game Flutie throws a deep pass to Irving Fryar. 80 yd TD. Pats with Flutie smoked the former SB champs. Loved that game.

Yes, he's a "winner" YEs he's a "football player", but he is also clearly the worst throwing NFL passer in the history of the league. It will take the league very little time before they catch up with the very FEW wrinkles that the Broncos can use in their modified Wildcat option offense and the 55 minutes of pure ineptness will expand to the full 60.

Perhaps so but for the time that he was a Patriot, Joe Kapp was worse.
Damn you for making me access that suppressed memory.

I have no desire to read the 8 pages here. The man is not an NFL qb. Anyone who claims "But he just wins" is a fool.

The Jets should have allowed only 3 points. Period. Can he "just win" with 3 points?

that's because all they allowed him to do was hand the ball off for 55 minutes.

I didn't say they were in winning games. I was noting the paucity of passing yards in some of the games Brady started in his first season.

There are a lot of people here who should look to themselves and ask why their prejudices are so strong that they can't give the kid credit for what he's doing right now

And then you could have the people on the other side of the fence explain the need to elevate him to god like cult hero status. Why he gets the media coverage he does, why the need to show close ups of his prayer pose. Why Patriot fans feel the need to smugly start threads gloating about him because his team wins a few games in the flukiest of ways. He's Ray Lucas at QB, he's a novelty act. His popularity is because of his evangelicalism not because of his play on the field. It's time for the Tebow worshipers to admit that and stop acting like it's about his play on the field

Last edited:
it amazes me how some can actually hate someone because they are religious and not afraid to show it. Tebow is winning while being set up to fail. The play calling was just pathetic until he was let loose for the last 5 minutes and allowed to make plays.

And then you could have the people on the other side of the fence explain the need to elevate him to god like cult hero status. Why he gets the media coverage he does, why the need to show close ups of his prayer pose. Why Patriot fans feel the need to smugly start threads gloating about him because his team wins a few games in the flukiest of ways. He's Ray Lucas at QB, he's a novelty act. His popularity is because of his evangelicalism not because of his play on the field. It's time for the Tebow worshipers to admit that and stop acting like it's about his play on the field

His popularity with me is because he's winning games and making his detractors look like idiots.

3794d1321591978-ot-broncos-chances--1.jpg

Last edited:
His popularity is because of his evangelicalism not because of his play on the field. It's time for the Tebow worshipers to admit that and stop acting like it's about his play on the field

I would say that his popularity is because he was arguably one of the top half dozen or so college football players of ALL TIME and there is so much envy/hate/irrational bashing that he has started to get some following from those who realize the attacks are premature. He is not a finished product. He has not played in any offense suited to his abilities, I would argue, including the present one. He is not an option quarterback, he is a shotgun spread QB who if given receivers who run a variety of shorter, inside routes could eventually be very effective. He hit open receivers in college, so it's part of the ugliness comes down to the types of throws he is being asked to make.

Totally wrong.

I have no dog in the hunt since I was not a Tebow follower in college and am a science guy, not in the same ballpark as an evangelical. No offense intended to evangelicals, just a statement. But as someone not in the evangelical camp I've noticed many snide shots at the kid where his public religiosity somehow irks the pundit. Comes across as elitist snobbery to me. Your mileage may vary.

Watched our own Andre Carter's post game interview late Sunday night. Must have mentioned or thanked God several times. FAR more than Tebow post game last night. Guess we gotta get the hate Carter thing going now.

he's winning games and making his detractors look like idiots.

He isn't though.

The more I see of Tebow the more I'm convinced he's the worst Qb I've ever witnessed. Anybody with any speed could play for Tebow. He brings nothing to the table that couldn't easily be replaced.

..and why are the cameras on him every second while he is praying....when many other athletes do the exact same thing....Is it just because he is white? Anyone else find it odd how the cameras never left him as he prayed.? Would the media treat Cam Newton the same if he prayed like Tebow does? I doubt it.

It's allways a treat to watch Deuce Awry go Dien Bien Phu on the whole Board!! :rofl: :rocker:

The Tebow Hatred here is ASTONISHING. :eek:

1 ~ This is NEW ENGLAND, where we enjoyed Doug Flutie's startling success during DARK days.

2 ~ This is NEW ENGLAND, where we watched a team of NOBODIES ~ the 2001 Patriots ~ come from NOWHERE...to win it ALL!! :eek:

3 ~ This is NEW ENGLAND, where a small band of Raging Patriots stood up to the greatest Empire in the world ~ 236 years ago ~ and WON!! :eek:

4 ~ This is NEW ENGLAND, where the New York FootBall Jets are the ENEMY!!

Who CARES if his success is sustainable??? :eek:

Lighten UP, Beaches!! :D

Isn't it interesting how this young man does nothing but win in the NFL with 4th qtr comeback drives. He marches his team down the field when his dopey coaching staff takes the ball and chain off his ankle and he's allowed to "play" in the NFL.
Can you imagine what a Charlie Weis would do for this kids development??
Been saying this from day one. Tim Tebow is a winner whose critics are far more offensive than anything Tebow ever does.
Choke on that Sexy Rexy.......

Give it a rest, man.

That's great that the Broncos beat the Jets. I'm happy for them.

But anyone who watched that game and didn't come away saying Tim Tebow is one of the worst starting NFL QBs ever to play the game is fooling themselves. It's only a matter of time. You have at least one capable NFL QB on the sideline, and there's no way that Orton only puts up 3 points in the first 55 minutes of play.

He isn't though.

The more I see of Tebow the more I'm convinced he's the worst Qb I've ever witnessed. Anybody with any speed could play for Tebow. He brings nothing to the table that couldn't easily be replaced.

He is, though. The facts are the facts, your statements to the contrary notwithstanding.

BTW, for all your posting about how he's the worst QB you've ever witnessed, his QB rating would actually have him at #22 if he qualified right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST