PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nope, Tim Tebow can't play in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
His popularity with me is because he's winning games and making his detractors look like idiots.

3794d1321591978-ot-broncos-chances--1.jpg

You most certainly did not watch that game start-to-finish, then, I take it?

He is, though. The facts are the facts, your statements to the contrary notwithstanding.

BTW, for all your posting about how he's the worst QB you've ever witnessed, his QB rating would actually have him at #22 if he qualified right now.

Deus, he was god awful. Truly. Those throws were pathetic all night. He couldn't complete the most basic throws. I don't even mean "NFL throws" as the announcers say. I mean just basic throws my 8 year old niece could make.

He's a joke, and if Orton was starting and the Broncos D played that well, had a pick 6 and held the Jets to 13 points, do you really think it would've taken a miracle last drive to win? Give me a break.

Last edited:
Deus, he was god awful. Truly. Those throws were pathetic all night. He couldn't complete the most basic throws. I don't even mean "NFL throws" as the announcers say. I mean just basic throws my 8 year old niece could make.

He's a joke, and if Orton was starting and the Broncos D played that well, had a pick 6 and held the Jets to 13 points, do you really think it would've taken a miracle last drive to win? Give me a break.

I watched the game. Your prejudice is noted. I'd thought better of you.

Tebow is only bad during 55 mins of the game because Fox is a moron and won't run the spread option offense in the shotgun. He showed me he has zero confidence in Tebow when he went for it on 4th down and 1, handing the ball off to an injured McGahee.

I understand Fox wants to run HIS offense. But you just can't do that with Tebow there. To increase his chances of winning, he should trade/draft a QB who can run from under center OR tailor the offense around Tebow. And since he can't do the first option right now, he should throw his ego out the window and use the players he actually has (not in his dreams).

Even if you say this offense is not sustainable because Tebow will get hurt eventually running so much, then you only have 6 more games this season anyway. Get this season over with and then draft/trade a QB you want.

I watched the game. Your prejudice is noted. I'd thought better of you.

If you watched the game, how would you evaluate his play for the first 55 minutes? Especially on 3rd down when was asked to throw?

DI, it was pathetic. I know we're all happy that the guy beat the Jets and that he has intangibles. That's great. But lots of players have intangibles. QBs have to be talented, too.

He simply will not last as a starting QB in this league.

Tebow is only bad during 55 mins of the game because Fox is a moron and won't run the spread option offense in the shotgun. He showed me he has zero confidence in Tebow when he went for it on 4th down and 1, handing the ball off to an injured McGahee.

I agree. It's quite plan that Tebow is successful in the spread, and only in the spread. He is dangerous in that role.

As a pocket passer, there is no worse QB in the league. That is simply not debatable, until we see Tyler Palko this weekend, perhaps.

The reason they probably don't go spread the whole game is b/c NFL defenses will figure it out over the course of a game.

If you watched the game, how would you evaluate his play for the first 55 minutes? Especially on 3rd down when was asked to throw?

DI, it was pathetic. I know we're all happy that the guy beat the Jets and that he has intangibles. That's great. But lots of players have intangibles. QBs have to be talented, too.

He simply will not last as a starting QB in this league.

It's really not worth getting into again. As I said, he could flame out starting his next game. That won't change what he's been able to accomplish to this point.

At this point, you're just parroting the other bigots.

it's all fun and games when Tebow humbles the Jets, but I can't WAIT until he faces the Pats :halo:

Saint Timmy, the supposed virgin w/ a smoking GF won't stand a chance vs. TFB. I swear the virgin thing is a LIE... GW Bush "I smoked marijuana but I never inhaled"

Tim Tebow- "my GF gave me oral pleasure I didn't have sex"

wait a second:confused::p:bricks:

he tapped that ass just like how we will give the Bronco team a hard ride in Denver:singing:

Last edited:
His popularity with me is because he's winning games and making his detractors look like idiots.

3794d1321591978-ot-broncos-chances--1.jpg

You're getting way ahead of yourself calling his detractors idiots. Pounding your chest over 2 for 8, 9 for 20, 10 for 21 and 18 for 39 passing, huh?

And your little picture of him just furthers my point of how its not about football.

The reason they probably don't go spread the whole game is b/c NFL defenses will figure it out over the course of a game.

I could also argue that whenever he's in the spread, he scores. So if they did it early, who knows, he might have had a sustainable lead and THEN go for more surprising playcalls. Everybody wants to play with a lead.

Best Thread EVER!! :rofl: :rocker:

It's really not worth getting into again. As I said, he could flame out starting his next game. That won't change what he's been able to accomplish to this point.

At this point, you're just parroting the other bigots.

Bigots? If this is about Tebow's religion, I'm not sure what this has to do with it. A lot - maybe even a majority - of athletes are very religious and wear their faith on their sleeves. Including several Patriots.

If I were to dislike athletes based on their religion, I would have to be awfully picky in who I root for.

Rather, I dislike Tebow b/c he can't throw a football yet a tremendous amount of hype follows him.

You're getting way ahead of yourself calling his detractors idiots. Pounding your chest over 2 for 8, 9 for 20, 10 for 21 and 18 for 39 passing, huh?

I'm not ahead of myself at all, and I'm not pounding my chest. He's not my favorite team's quarterback.

And your little picture of him just furthers my point of how its not about football.

Actually, the picture is both a joke and a play off of a group that won despite facing overwhelming odds. And, despite your claim, it's all about football. Well, it's all about Tebow winning football games despite the idiots who've been insisting he can't do it. It's already changed from "He'll never play a down in the NFL" to "He'll never start" to "He'll never win a game" to "It can't be sustained". Again, he could flame out starting next week, and he'll already had proven a huge number of people wrong.

Last edited:
I didn't say they were in winning games. I was noting the paucity of passing yards in some of the games Brady started in his first season. This kid's not pulling a Sanchez, where he's giving the ball away and then finally having a good drive or two to cover his own ass. He's not turning the ball over, and he's playing well enough for his team to win. Hell, if Lloyd had caught that two point conversion, he might well have that Broncos team at 6-4 right now.

There are a lot of people here who should look to themselves and ask why their prejudices are so strong that they can't give the kid credit for what he's doing right now.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I'd hesitate to give him too much credit, considering that last night's performance would have been a loss against probably 25 NFL offenses, but he decisively outplayed Sanchez simply by not throwing a pick six. You can do worse at QB than having a uniquely athletic player who doesn't turn the ball over and plays well in the clutch. I wouldn't want him to be the QB on a team that I root for on a week-to-week basis, but his record as a starter is what it is.

The difference from Brady's first year, and why I wouldn't compare the two, is that Brady, even when he wasn't especially prolific, was getting his limited production out of good reads and accurate throws. That's a skillset that you can build on and "scale" to further success in the NFL. Simply based on where Tebow's production is coming from, OTOH, you have to wonder if he's already hit his ceiling as quarterback in this current form. To improve very much beyond here, he'll have to develop entirely new skills that he, to date, just hasn't displayed.

Of course, I never thought he'd make it to 4-1 as an NFL starter in the first place, so wtf do I know.

Last edited:
Totally wrong.

I have no dog in the hunt since I was not a Tebow follower in college and am a science guy, not in the same ballpark as an evangelical. No offense intended to evangelicals, just a statement. But as someone not in the evangelical camp I've noticed many snide shots at the kid where his public religiosity somehow irks the pundit. Comes across as elitist snobbery to me. Your mileage may vary.

Watched our own Andre Carter's post game interview late Sunday night. Must have mentioned or thanked God several times. FAR more than Tebow post game last night. Guess we gotta get the hate Carter thing going now.

And I've noticed a lot of venom coming from the Tebow worshipers against anyone who points out the many flaws in his game.

I actually studied the game last night and I haven't studied a game in a while. I was fascinated to see how the option would be applied to the professional level and I had quite a few takeaways from the game and specifically Tebow.

1) John Fox is coaching his ass off. The reads were simple, the routes designed to mask Tebow's limitations. They're not running the spread option. They're running a mix of the zone read option, the midline option, the veer, and the speed option. They're running it out of different sets and confusing the pitch delegation pre-snap. They're setting both the run and the pass to set eachother up.

2)Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL quarterback. He was missing easy quick reads left and right, he nearly ended the 95 yard drive on that floater to the flat, he has no zip on his ball. He cost his team significant YAC opportunities by putting the ball in the wrong spots. Plays that were there right away were missed because Tebow can't make a two player read and wanted to run.

3) Tim Tebow is a great runningback who is forced to throw the ball because of the number he wears. He has great vision, makes all the option reads, accelerates well, and runs the zone read option SO well.

4) Enjoy the Tim Tebow Experience while it lasts because it won't be long, and three weeks from now a certain coach is going to prove why the option without the threat of 15 balls for 150 yards will never work in the NFL.

5) He's a great football player but one playing out of position. Should he play for a team where he won't have to be a QB, with an already established elite QB and good coaching staff (ahem) he could be a very nice player. A quarterback that will singlehandedly win you games he is very clearly not.

What's up with this thread?

As much as it pains, I gotta, kinda agree with the Douche.

Has it never happened that a 1st/2nd year QB didn't throw well or never look awful?

Is it unbelievably impossible that he can't work toward being a functional thrower?

It would seem that if McDaniels would expend a first rounder to draft him, that would be enough to suggest he could develop.....and you can't teach "it".

Hard to believe this is not a "feel good" story.

Has it never happened that a 1st/2nd year QB didn't throw well or never look awful?

It's not about occasionally being off throwing the ball or performing badly at times. Tebow has literally been off and looked awful at quarterback pretty much the entire time he's been in the NFL.

If there's ever been an analogous player who went on to anything other than mediocrity, I'd love to hear about it.

What's up with this thread?

As much as it pains, I gotta, kinda agree with the Douche.

Is it unbelievably impossible that he can't work toward being a functional thrower?

It would seem that if McDaniels would expend a first rounder to draft him, that would be enough to suggest he could develop.....and you can't teach "it".

Hard to believe this is not a "feel good" story.

Right, because if a master evaluator of talent like Josh McDaniels would spend a 1st rounder on him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes