PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No way Brady gets cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly we should try to trade this 6th round scrub for some serious firepower like Ray Lewis. Then laugh all the way to the bank for screwing the Ravens again.

BB values the ball especially at playoff time. A guy who commits the type of TO Brady did against Denver simply is a guy BB can do without.

A stat that impressed me: Matt Cassel hasn't missed a single start due to injury, in college or the NFL.

Players with a better QB rating than Brady in 2005:

A. Randle El, PIT 158.3
L. Tomlinson, SD 153.1
Jeff Blake, CHI 129.2
Quinn Gray, JAC 119.0
T. Fisher, GB 118.8
A. Battle, SF 118.8
C. Portis, NYJ 113.3
C. Hentrich, TEN 95.8

We're crazy if we don't try to sign at least two of these guys.

patchick said:
A stat that impressed me: Matt Cassel hasn't missed a single start due to injury, in college or the NFL.

He's also never lost a playoff game, something Tom Terrible cannot say.

Screw Bramlet and Cassel, where is Cliff Kingsbury?

Well if TB will take vet min. and is willing to learn from Cassel maybe we should keep him for the #3 stop behind Bramlet.?

If he becomes a distraction release him. Period!!!! :mad:

PatsWickedPissah said:
Brady is a cancer in the locker room. We lost Flutie because of him. Ashworth left in disgust and the Vinitraitor left just to get away from him. Givens knew he could never be a #1 WR with Brady's inept arm.

Not to mention, Brady is the reason Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law looked elsewhere.

Good Riddance! TB only has good numbers because of all the great WR's we have. They made his job easy. Now that we've got Chad Jackson it's time we really start looking at decent QB's. Would TB be worth a trade for Harrington or Pennington? Or am I dreaming once again?

smg93 said:
Good Riddance! TB only has good numbers because of all the great WR's we have. They made his job easy. Now that we've got Chad Jackson it's time we really start looking at decent QB's. Would TB be worth a trade for Harrington or Pennington? Or am I dreaming once again?
Cuttin' the crack with heroin again, eh? There's no way Magini gives up Choke Fumblington for a run of the mill system QB. Perposterous. Inconceivable. Incontheivable.

And you guys forget Brady is almost on the down side of his career. He'll be thirty next year. Cut him before the cap acceleration kicks in during the backloaded years of his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
D-cleater said:
And you guys forget Brady is almost on the down side of his career. He'll be thirty next year. Cut him before the cap acceleration kicks in during the backloaded years of his contract.

On the contrary, Brady's cap hit for 2006 will be $10,134,866.34. The 34 cents could be carried over to 2007 if the deal is restructured to classify the pennies as "not likely to be attained" per NFL policy 238.4(b). I do not see why the Pats can't pay Brady this kind of money.
----Signed, Miguel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back