PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Point in Tanking, the Future is Bleak

I see a lot of talk re trades. I have no objection to trades, but they should all be made entirely in. keeping with objectives for next year and years following. Trading to improve the team this year - taking on some oldster to grab a couple more wins this season, for example - is a complete waste of time. For us, this season is over.

I will add that I do not want Bill to have any, certainly not the final, say on any such trades. Bill is a failed GM whom we are in the process of firing, assuming we have a lick of sense. See above for where I think the Krafts ought to be getting their advice on such things, starting right now.
A failed GM that won 6 super bowls?

Lowe is worse than a turnstile at right tackle. Look for him to replaced soon, perhaps by McDermott this week.
Lowe played all of pre-season with Minn at LT. He played better there than at RT. His pass-blocking at RT has been horrid. Though, supposedly he only gave up a sack and a pressure against Vegas. Which was an improvement over the 8 pressures he gave up against Dallas.

You'd think with Lowe playing so poorly, you'd put Anderson in. But they've refused to do that.

Lowe played all of pre-season with Minn at LT. He played better there than at RT. His pass-blocking at RT has been horrid. Though, supposedly he only gave up a sack and a pressure against Vegas. Which was an improvement over the 8 pressures he gave up against Dallas.

You'd think with Lowe playing so poorly, you'd put Anderson in. But they've refused to do that.

Anderson missed a lot of camp with an unspecified illness, I wonder if that's part of why his status seems murky.

I will weight in here my thoughts:

To me, the last pile of sand in the coffin for BB's tenure here is the fact that it really, really seems like there is NO accountability or self-reflection.

-No outside hire, or change in sign phylosophy
-No proper replacement of coaching quality
-Distrust of modern analytics / Ernie Adams chewing data (yes I will create jobs for Ernie until we know what he actually did)
-Nepotism

I have asked: who, in that building, can go to Bill and say "Hey, you are ****ing it up"?. No one. Only guy that could is a franguinho. Given half-assed warnings with no real threat after each failing season like a supervisor in Highschool.

Then, BB goes and explicitly rests in his laureus to excuse poor perfomance.

It's red-flags, after red-flags for years.

I have waited for a turnaround to happen, but it's always half-measures. And the moral here is that he shouldn't have been satisfied for half-measures, and have gone all the way.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back