PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No ACL Tear For Maclin But Does Have High Ankle Sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully bad enough to miss this week but good enough for the week after if disaster strikes and we lose (as I'd reluctantly root for KC over Denver or Pitt).

Hopefully bad enough to miss this week but good enough for the week after if disaster strikes and we lose (as I'd reluctantly root for KC over Denver or Pitt).

if that happened i wouldnt care! go nfc!!

,,hope maclin doesnt play against us but he'll be limited anyway

I'm glad for him. A second ACL injury to the same knee would have been a devastating blow to the poor guy.
I thought it would have been his third ACL. Good news regardless.

Good news for him.

Good news for the Patriots defense.

Ok, how does a player be suspected to have an ACL tear have an high ankle sprain? I am no doctor, but I am pretty sure the ACL is nowhere near the ankle. Maybe it is a really, really high ankle sprain.

Of course he'll heal a high ankle sprain in a week and be perfectly fine with out luck this year :rolleyes:

If Gronk couldn't perform with this injury after two weeks I'm not sure Macdonald will be able to

Ok, how does a player be suspected to have an ACL tear have an high ankle sprain? I am no doctor, but I am pretty sure the ACL is nowhere near the ankle. Maybe it is a really, really high ankle sprain.

That is weird, eh? How do you mistake an ankle injury for a knee injury? Maybe Maclin doesn't know his knee from his ankle?

I posted this in the Pats/Chiefs thread, but....

A high ankle sprain for a Wide Reciever is a 2-6 week injury.

Highly, highly doubt Maclin plays and even if he does, he's essentially a decoy, like Gronk was in the second Super Bowl against the Giants, when he had a high ankle sprain of his own.

And remember, Gronk had a bye week in the middle of that as well and he was still extremely ineffective. No way Maclin is a threat on six days rest.

Nooooooooooo
Not the high ankle sprain thread again!

....or Maclin has very low knees.

Happy for Maclin. I hate when players taer ACLs and such.

That boy was devastated. He was CRYING! You're really telling me he was only in pain because of an ankle sprain? Bare minimum, it's gotta be a sprained MCL. Otherwise why take a MRI of his knee?

All that said, I'm happy he didn't tear anything. Would never wish that on anyone. I hope he's completely healthy for the 2016 opener, but maybe not for next week :D

No way he plays. Reports are he is probably done for the postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand