PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

buffalo really has become the team that hasn't won anything but goes in thinking they've already won it all

One…two…three…four…five…and six.

End.Of.Discussion.

I would rather face Buffalo over Cincinnati. Every day of the week. Bengals just match up with us better. Kryptonite.

As for Buffalo, the clock is ticking on them. If they don't win it all this season, well, when will it happen? They have alot of guys who are FA's next year. Allen's contract kicks in soon. Jets are a QB away from being a legit SB threat imo. I know it sounds crazy. But they have alot of pieces. Patriots will obviously improve.

Bills recipe for success is basically Allen saving them each week. That may work against teams like Chicago, Miami, & Lions. It won't work against KC, Cincinnati, & Eagles (If they get to SB). It eventually catches up to you against a team that will expose weaknesses.
The Chiefs have been winning because Mahomes saves them every week.

The clock is ticking on KC. Choking 3 seasons out of 4 is not a good look. KC has enjoyed Kelce staying healthy. 135 targets with 2 games to go. If they lose him Mahomes is done. JuJu is not a #1 WR at all.

If the AFCC is in Buffalo the Chiefs will lose to the Bills. Andy Reids act always wears thin.

Cincy may match up better but Buffalo has also beaten KC this year, and did it in KC.
What KC has going for them most of all this year is an extremely softer schedule than the rest of the AFC. That's why they're a Cincy win over Buffalo away from the top seed.
Our schedule turned easier as the season progressed. Injuries and underperformances from other teams.

It most certainly was not easy on September 10th, 2022.

Rams, Titans, Colts, Bills, Bengals, Broncos twice, Chargers twice, Raiders twice, Bucs, Niners, & Cards. That is hell if you go back in time.

A 1 seed will help us. But it should be noted the 1 seed has not won the SB since the 2017 Eagles.

Granted, the Niners & KC (2019-2020) were 1 seeds who lost in the Super Bowl.

We really lucked out in 2019. I want to be upfront about that. If Miami loses to NE, we are the 3 seed. Baltimore & NE get the byes. We absolutely got a gift when Tennessee beat Baltimore. And...we got a huge break when Shanahan decided to stop running on usually by 10. We lose that game if the Niners keep running. We couldn't stop them.

Buffalo might have beaten us at home. Yet, it still seems like Cincinnati gives us more fits. Whether it's at home or in their stadium.

The crazy thing is that Baltimore can still somehow win the north. Do people think there is a good chance Baltimore beats out the Bengals for the division?

The Chiefs have been winning because Mahomes saves them every week.

The clock is ticking on KC. Choking 3 seasons out of 4 is not a good look. KC has enjoyed Kelce staying healthy. 135 targets with 2 games to go. If they lose him Mahomes is done. JuJu is not a #1 WR at all.

If the AFCC is in Buffalo the Chiefs will lose to the Bills. Andy Reids act always wears thin.
We can win the SB. Likely? No. There have been far too many defensive breakdowns against top tier QB's. Mahomes will win MVP. But even this offense has played down to competition like Tennessee, Jags, Texans, Colts, Denver, Raiders, & Seattle. Is that parity or not being the explosive offense we once were with Hill? Combo I think.

To think we don't have a chance to win in Buffalo is a bit of a question on my part. Why not? There isn't much separating the two teams. If I were a betting man, I would take Buffalo. Not by a large margin though. But it may be moot. No guarantee we face them.

Mahomes isn't "Done" without Kelce. He is too good too fall off the map. This year, yes I realize Kelce is healthy, has proven he doesn't need Hill to be an elite QB.

We could get breaks in the playoffs too. Like if someone took out Buf and/or Cin before a potential AFC third round matchup. That changes everything. Because getting to a SB against a non Eagles team gives us a very good chance at winning it all.

Cincy may match up better but Buffalo has also beaten KC this year, and did it in KC.
What KC has going for them most of all this year is an extremely softer schedule than the rest of the AFC. That's why they're a Cincy win over Buffalo away from the top seed.

Yep.

And Buffalo has beaten KC 2 of the last 3 games. It would be 3 of the last 3 games if not for that awful coaching decision (thirteen seconds).

Our schedule turned easier as the season progressed. Injuries and underperformances from other teams.

It most certainly was not easy on September 10th, 2022.

Rams, Titans, Colts, Bills, Bengals, Broncos twice, Chargers twice, Raiders twice, Bucs, Niners, & Cards. That is hell if you go back in time.

A 1 seed will help us. But it should be noted the 1 seed has not won the SB since the 2017 Eagles.

Granted, the Niners & KC (2019-2020) were 1 seeds who lost in the Super Bowl.

We really lucked out in 2019. I want to be upfront about that. If Miami loses to NE, we are the 3 seed. Baltimore & NE get the byes. We absolutely got a gift when Tennessee beat Baltimore. And...we got a huge break when Shanahan decided to stop running on usually by 10. We lose that game if the Niners keep running. We couldn't stop them.

Buffalo might have beaten us at home. Yet, it still seems like Cincinnati gives us more fits. Whether it's at home or in their stadium.

The crazy thing is that Baltimore can still somehow win the north. Do people think there is a good chance Baltimore beats out the Bengals for the division?
Not enough bad things can happend to the Ratbirds or the Indiots.

Thanks for the respectful response btw. It's the time of year when I get incredulous over the unbalanced schedules that teams play.

There's also the addition of another team to the playoffs and only one team receiving a bye that ticks me off. On the flip side, the NCAA has fought tooth and nail to keep the number of playoff teams down to 4-8 teams out of 130 but the NYFL has 17 out of 32.

The predictions in Sept are nowhere near as accurate as they are in January. In Sept they're just guesses. Of the 3 winning teams that they played from outside the AFCW they lost two of them and the combined record right now of all the rest, counting the Bolts 18-12 is 81-127-1. That's not as bad as the NFCE though.

I'm not trying to diminish the accomplishments of KC, they're clearly an elite team. I just don't think they're as strong as their record suggests.

As for 2019, from the perspective of this Pats fan, the Pats lost the top seed when a Ravens fan posing as an impartial referee took away a TD in our game with KC.

Anyway, good luck in the playoffs. I wish I could say that the Pats will be there with you but that's a very hard sell.

Last edited:
I mean, he wasnt wrong unfortunately

Bills fans used to be obsessed with the Patriots.... when we were a dominant franchise. Now, there are no Patriots threads on their board, but we have to have Bills threads here?
No thanks, not worth discussing or giving them the pleasure of seeing the shoe on the other foot. At least it isn't the Dolphins and their xxtard fanbase. Bills fans will be obnoxious and loud if they win it all, but having been through what they dealt with in the 90's, a 20 year playoff drought, etc. I'll give them a pass for one offseason. That's it though.

Bills fans used to be obsessed with the Patriots.... when we were a dominant franchise. Now, there are no Patriots threads on their board, but we have to have Bills threads here?
No thanks, not worth discussing or giving them the pleasure of seeing the shoe on the other foot. At least it isn't the Dolphins and their xxtard fanbase. Bills fans will be obnoxious and loud if they win it all, but having been through what they dealt with in the 90's, a 20 year playoff drought, etc. I'll give them a pass for one offseason. That's it though.
Yeah posts like this do more to show the hierarchy has changed. They aren't thinking about us.

That makes a lot of sense.

Things are different for me because I've been an AFC guy since the Pats were born and I root against the NFC in a large majority of the games. I suffered along with Bills fans when they lost 4 straight SBs and I'd be pulling for them against everyone but the Bucs, ironically.

We also had an incredibly long streak against them so I can understand their saltiness now.

Yeah posts like this do more to show the hierarchy has changed. They aren't thinking about us.
I don't know about their message board.

I live in Buffalo.

They think about the Patriots ALL THE TIME.

I don't know about their message board.

I live in Buffalo.

They think about the Patriots ALL THE TIME.
Professor X? Is that you?

Professor X? Is that you?
Is that someone on their message board?

Funny thing about my kid's school is that a lot of the teachers are from new England including the principal. 3 of the top admin. They have Bills day every week and the admins are all Pats fans. Does not go over well.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back