PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

buffalo really has become the team that hasn't won anything but goes in thinking they've already won it all

Now include rushing yards and you'll see where the difference is between the two players.
Yeah, but it looks a lot more comparable when you leave out over 1100 rush yards and 17 rushing touchdowns

JMC is just salty. Not a good look given it's the Bills we're talking about.
Even tough the bills might don’t win a title they smash us consistently so what this say about the pats

Jones has beat Allen and Buffalo 1 time where Mac passed 3 times.

Allen has 3 post season victories to Jones 0. There is NO WAY that Mac Jones could roll into KC last season like Allen did and take Mahomes and the Chiefs down to the wire. NONE.
100%

But to be fair, the comparison was of their first 2 NFL seasons…not right now.

Don’t get me wrong, Allen vs. Jones isn’t even a debate. Allen is a top 2-3 QB in the league and will be for a long time. Mac may be fighting for a starting job.

I can't wait to see Buffalo collapse this (and every) year.
Next Monday night will be a good test on the road especially for their D that I've been saying is overrated for years. They magically became "good" when #12, #87, #11 and others left the division.

I would rather face Buffalo over Cincinnati. Every day of the week. Bengals just match up with us better. Kryptonite.

As for Buffalo, the clock is ticking on them. If they don't win it all this season, well, when will it happen? They have alot of guys who are FA's next year. Allen's contract kicks in soon. Jets are a QB away from being a legit SB threat imo. I know it sounds crazy. But they have alot of pieces. Patriots will obviously improve.

Bills recipe for success is basically Allen saving them each week. That may work against teams like Chicago, Miami, & Lions. It won't work against KC, Cincinnati, & Eagles (If they get to SB). It eventually catches up to you against a team that will expose weaknesses.

I would rather face Buffalo over Cincinnati. Every day of the week. Bengals just match up with us better. Kryptonite.

As for Buffalo, the clock is ticking on them. If they don't win it all this season, well, when will it happen? They have alot of guys who are FA's next year. Allen's contract kicks in soon. Jets are a QB away from being a legit SB threat imo. I know it sounds crazy. But they have alot of pieces. Patriots will obviously improve.

Bills recipe for success is basically Allen saving them each week. That may work against teams like Chicago, Miami, & Lions. It won't work against KC, Cincinnati, & Eagles (If they get to SB). It eventually catches up to you against a team that will expose weaknesses.
You sound worried after being humiliated by both Bengals and Bills. It sounds to me like the Chefs clock is the one running out. You guys have $139M tied up in 7 players next season w/ your boi taking a $47M chunk of that.

You sound worried after being humiliated by both Bengals and Bills. It sounds to me like the Chefs clock is the one running out. You guys have $139M tied up in 7 players next season w/ your boi taking a $47M chunk of that.
I'm sure they'll just restructure him and push it down the road

The Saints for years with Brees managed to keep the roster intact

You do have to draft well with this method though

He was not wrong.
Also it worked.
Any QB worth his salt will not get pissed off about this but will use it as motivation to get better, so that some day maybe they will be left off the text,

Allen correctly noticed the Bills were the best team in the AFC East and the other QBs are relatively weak.

How the hell does that translate to "thinking they've already won it all"? Your title is just projecting some absurd psychological BS on to the Bills or Allen, and comes across as bitter and mad.

Those who have been Pats' fans for the past 20 years or so (or more :)) know that there have been many "pretenders" to claim Dominant and even "Dynasty" status in the NFL during that time. Some have made some noise:

As much as we might detest the Colts under Irsay and, may his name be forever cursed, Grigson, Indy with Peyton at QB gave fans everywhere some memorable showdowns...but, despite that, only one Ring to show for it all (Peyton picked up a second with the Broncos, but this is about Franchises, not individuals).

The Giants under Eli are in the NFC, but, whatever we might think of the Magic Helmet Catch and the fact that Eli arguably only produced two really good runs in 16 seasons...those two runs were still good enough to get the Pats number twice. But still, only two rings.

And who can forget the "Dynasty" that the Patriots' ended in early 2002...the Greatest Show on Turf under Kurt Warner...one Ring with the Cardinals, Kurt.

The Chiefs? Mahomes is magnificent...but just one Ring, Patrick?

By my math:
Brady and the Pats: 6
Colts, Giants, Cardinals and Chiefs together: 5
Throw in Rodgers, Big Ben, Flacco and the Philly Special guy (I forget his name). As terrific as A-aaron and Ben are or were, none of them can hold a candle to what TB12 and BB accomplished.

The Bills? Yep, they've won the Division a few years in a row now (four, maybe?) but they haven't even made it to the big game. I'm counting on Josh Allen to throw another big pick sometime in January. Not even in the conversation. Another long winter in Buffalo.

Yawn.
And yet, I heard a boob on radio this morning claim that the Raiduhs and Cowboys are legendary teams but the Pats are not.
The Raiduhs last SB appearance was 20 years ago and they were crushed. Their last win was 40 years ago.
The Cowboys last win was 28 years ago, but if they win again they'll have 6 wins, the same as the Pats.

Cincy may match up better but Buffalo has also beaten KC this year, and did it in KC.
What KC has going for them most of all this year is an extremely softer schedule than the rest of the AFC. That's why they're a Cincy win over Buffalo away from the top seed.

I still hate the Chiefs 10x more than the Bills.

Mostly because Mahomes has now taken the place of Rodgers (who they finally gave up on a while ago) as the go-to guy troll analysts will bring up to debate for GOAT with Brady.
I'll glad root for KC over Buffalo.

And yet, I heard a boob on radio this morning claim that the Raiduhs and Cowboys are legendary teams but the Pats are not.
The Raiduhs last SB appearance was 20 years ago and they were crushed. Their last win was 40 years ago.
The Cowboys last win was 28 years ago, but if they win again they'll have 6 wins, the same as the Pats.

Sounds like the dictionary definition of legendary to me. The pats are too recent to be legendary, almost everyone alive remembers their run. I equate this to the boomers who rave about Unitas being a legend. I guess so, but I've never seen him play.

In 20 years after this continued mediocre play, the Patriots of the turn of the century will be legendary.

Which is worse, being the has been or the never was?
The Bills are definitely in the "never was" category, but the Pats are far from being a "has been."

The Steelers, Packers, Cowboys and 'niners all wandered or are still wandering in the wilderness a whole heck of a lot longer before winning an NFL Championship after their Dynasty years.

The Pats have "issues," for sure, but they are, somewhat improbably and perhaps indeed undeservedly, "in the hunt" for the 2022/23 Playoffs...they still have the greatest HC of all time (despite a few missteps recently, most notably Patricia, ST and keeping his son in charge of the D...nepotism anyone?) and terrific ownership. I'm among the few who haven't given up on Mac...he needs a line that can protect him and some weapons.

Can you blame a lot of that on BB? Sure. Maybe he should have hung them up after nine trips to the SB, but he's earned the right to work his way out of a mess that he helped create...if nothing else, his ego will demand it since the CW now is that it was "Brady, not Belichick" all those years. If he doesn't take some dramatic steps to fix the Coaching and Roster this off-season, I'll join the chorus saying he should retire to Nantucket, Florida and the Rubber Chicken Circuit. Not until then, though.

They need to right the ship for sure. But "has been?" Nope!

Acting like the Pats are still football royalty in 2022 is more delusional than anything Bills fans are doing TBH.
I dunno. The Cowboys act like they're still football royalty despite not winning anything in years. Steelers too.

Haters gonna hate!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back