PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nicknames for our kickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say stick with Gotti.

I've been worried that "Gotti" is an appelation controlee around Providence and d' Nortend ...
not really available outside the family.

We know he plays baseball fairly well. But any HOCKEY PLAYER who cheerfully spits out his teeth
before coming of age ... is an hombre to reckon with - a throwback to the old school.

Last edited:
flutie2phelan said:
I've been worried that "Gotti" is an appelation controlee around Providence and d' Nortend ...
not really available outside the family.

We know he plays baseball fairly well. But any HOCKEY PLAYER who cheerfully spits out his teeth
before coming of age ... is an hombre to reckon with - a throwback to the old school.

Agreed. I was thinking this was a stupid thread, until I read about that story. That's the kind of toughness we like around here.

Gramatica: The Greek rat, Piece of Crapatica,

You need to look at a map to see how far Greece is from Argentina.

It's pretty far.

It's also pretty far from the United States too.

Does that mean there are no Greek people in the United States?

I'm willing to bet he's not the only Greek man that had lived in Argentina.

Gostkowski: Stephen "Holy Poly" Gostkowski

Gramatica: Martin "Mexican Jumping Bean" Grammatica

Just in talking about Gostkowski I realized it's not always easy to pronounce his name. I'm sure something will stick, but in the meantime, I've just been referring to him in the easiest way possible - Go-Ko

What about Stephen "Kelly Kapowski" Gostkowski

you guys might be too old for that one though.

Kickers don't get nicknames until they win us a Super Bowl. Until then they will be known as "Shut up, only speak when you are spoken to."

In Gramatica's case..."Shut up, and if you celebrate after a kick in a 27-3 game I will kick your ass."

Keegs said:
It's pretty far.

It's also pretty far from the United States too.

Does that mean there are no Greek people in the United States?

I'm willing to bet he's not the only Greek man that had lived in Argentina.

You're correct of course, and I considered that point.

Except he's not Greek.

dryheat44 said:
You're correct of course, and I considered that point.

Except he's not Greek.
well then i guess we figured that part out. I'm glad we got it squared away. He should stop telling everyone he's Greek though because he confused the hell out of me.

Maybe you're thinking of the Del Greco kicking family, rather than the Grammatica kicking family. That would account for the Greek part, sort of. Wait, were there more than one Del Greco? I know Grammaticas and Zendejases travel in groups.

Now this brings up the interesting questions, of how you name a group of kickers. It's a gaggle of geese, a murder of crows... a _______ of kickers?

I say we call it a "shank" of kickers, but I'm open to any suggestions.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
Maybe you're thinking of the Del Greco kicking family, rather than the Grammatica kicking family. That would account for the Greek part, sort of. Wait, were there more than one Del Greco? I know Grammaticas and Zendejases travel in groups.

Now this brings up the interesting questions, of how you name a group of kickers. It's a gaggle of geese, a murder of crows... a _______ of kickers?

I say we call it a "shank" of kickers, but I'm open to any suggestions.

PFnV
a cluster**** of kickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes