Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFL's Officiating

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Murphys95, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Murphys95

Murphys95 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not one to normally complain about officiating, especially after the fact. The Pats lost (flat out) regardless of the penalties, that's not my point. But, watching the Saints/Cowboys game shows just how poorly trained some NFL officials are and how the league has NOT improved since last season's playoff debacles.

In the Pats/Dolphins game all three "roughing the passer" calls were absurd. Apparently now it's roughing to have a quarterback trip over a defender. The other two calls (one against Miami, one against NE) were weak.

In the Cowboys/Saints game, the officials completely miss two calls against the Cowboys. One a clear 15 yard face mask which spun the ball carrier down. The other a "horse collar" in front of the side judge.

The league spends so much of its money and efforts on promoting its product in Mexico, China, and Europe when it should be focusing more on improving its glaring weaknesses. I don't have the answers, but officiating needs to be consistent throughout a game (if not througout the league). Perhaps some of the advertising dollars the NFL is pouring into other countries could be used for goal line cameras, improved technologies, or better/consistent training of its officials.

Just my 2 cents.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

How about making penalties reviewable. So the ref could say :

"After review, we look like complete morons because the QB tripped over an innocent defender. The call is overturned".

You're right, it's a joke and it's making a mockery out of the game. Heck I was upset about the roughing on Brady, that was BS too.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Did they show him after the play ? I don't recall it. Regardless, they weren't going to change it.

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the Dallas game. But, after all the media from local to ESPN and FOXSports exposed how incompetent the officiating was in last years playoffs I thought it may improve. Instead it has only got worse and the NFL made me take my clips showing how bad the officiating is down from YouTube. Oh well. Good to see the NFL has its priorities straight. :p

Got to hand it to the Phins today too. They didn't jump offsides, hold, interfere with passes...they were just perfect. ;)

P.S. I'm in no way saying the officials lost this one for the Pats. This is one they clearly lost all on their own.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006