PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's mouthpiece (ESPN) at it again with OTL piece on cameragate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember tonight at 10EST on NFL Network - Story of the 2014 Pats
Tomorrow night on NFL Network at 8PM - "Do Your Job" special.
Thursday night we go 1-0.

so its all good.
Perhaps #DoYourJob is the answer to all these loser owners and teams who are complaining.

Why are you listening to him in the first place?
I am not. Its people talking about what he is babbling. Of course my message was to his radio station who am sure loves every second of his act.

I would rather listen to Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe.

So in one breath, ESPN issues a retraction for incorrectly reporting the "walk-through" taping as fact and, in the next breath, they report it as fact again?

Seems like they're practically begging Kraft to sue them.

Only in Bizzaro world does taking the position that rumormongers identify themselves and back up their claims with evidence constitute detrimental conduct.
So all the unidentified innuendo is helpful to the league, not detrimental yet rebuttal costs you a franchise by your strange "reasoning".

Only when you fail to realize that there are two different sets of rules going on do you ignorantly believe it's Bizarro world.

ESPN and SI don't answer to the NFL.

Owners of NFL Franchises DO answer to the other owners and have a strict set of rules they have to follow regarding what they can and cannot say about the league. As it is, Kraft's statements about the league could have earned him a fine. It didn't. But it could have... There is no strange reasoning unless you fail to acknowledge the different sets of rules..

I have done the same. I am not seeing the difference other than seeing that Boston tends to be singled out as a place that has its stigmas etc. Most people I talk to and would care to engage in a convo think Boston is great.
Perhaps my not holding the belief that Bostonians are superior, nor having a defined category of people I would care to engage with is the root cause in the differences of our experiences while traveling.

I reluctantly skimmed through the first part of the ESPN article. They used Matt ****ing Walsh as a source.

bricklol.gif

ESPN is a rag.

Perhaps my not holding the belief that Bostonians are superior, nor having a defined category of people I would care to engage with is the root cause in the differences of our experiences while traveling.

Ok sounds good.

i never realized how many complainers we have in other cities.

Only when you fail to realize that there are two different sets of rules going on do you ignorantly believe it's Bizarro world.

ESPN and SI don't answer to the NFL.

Owners of NFL Franchises DO answer to the other owners and have a strict set of rules they have to follow regarding what they can and cannot say about the league. As it is, Kraft's statements about the league could have earned him a fine. It didn't. But it could have... There is no strange reasoning unless you fail to acknowledge the different sets of rules..

So other owners, GMs, etc. can say anything, make wild unfounded (by evidence) public accusations about another league team, coach, player and no problem.
Yet Kraft responding to ESPN & SI as I said...big problem with the league?
We know they're the minions of the league but they are still not the league or its employees in case this is news to you.

Why people and the media are so obssesed with the Pats?

This redundancy is tiring.

COYt0fLWoAApLOm.png

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Just another anecdote.
Just tweeted this to Shannon Sharpe who is a big Patriots cheated bandwagoner. It's so ironic that Shanny seems to be the guy everyone thinks BB is.

I'm just now hearing about the ESPN "expose" and the unsubstantiated accusations that go with it. If anyone doesn' it think this isn't a DIRECT response and a retaliation from Goodell is extremely naive. BSPN had no earthly reason to go through the effort to dredge up every sore loser the Pats have played over the last 8 years.

It isn't a coincidence that just days after the NFL got its ass handed to them by Brady, that this crap comes out. That the goal of having the Pats viewed as serial cheaters that just got off on a technicality is now in play. No one is going to remember all of Goodell's lies and deceptions now. THIS is going to be the story the rest of the start of the season. It puts the Pats on the defensive, and becomes a MAJOR unfair distraction prior to the opening of the season.

Now I have felt that all the conspiracy threads that have abounded here the last few weeks have been a bit over the top. Threads that opined that the NFL league office will do their best to hamstring the the Pats on the field. Well now that I've seen this latest overt media attack I've come full circle. Yes Martha ....it is a full on conspiracy to damage the Pats ON the field.

It would be fairly easy to keep Stork on the sidelines this week by keeping in the concussion protocol a few days longer than necessary and thus hurt the Pats OL. There will be other intrusions. I"m sure the "game day officials" can throw a few distractions at the Pats as well as other nit picking things they can do. THEN you can get to the overt things like officiating. It doesn't take much, just a few strategic non-calls that will never be recorded.

I Think the time is past where the Pats as an organization or as individuals need to attack the slanderers and libelers back. Maybe during the season it might be too much of a distraction, but it NEEDS to be made clear NOW, that the NFL, ESPN, etc better be prepared to defend their words and actions. If we don't the slander will NEVER stop as long as BB and Brady are with us. NEVER

I will say this. All of this BS has changed the way I feel about the Pats losing to the Giants in the Super Bowls.

They don't sting as much. At least the Giants beat the Pats ON THE FIELD. Not this pathetic whining bs crybaby nonsense.

So other owners, GMs, etc. can say anything, make wild unfounded (by evidence) public accusations about another league team, coach, player and no problem.
Yet Kraft responding to ESPN & SI as I said...big problem with the league?
We know they're the minions of the league but they are still not the league or its employees in case this is news to you.

PWP - That isn't what was said and it would be good for you to not make sh!t up.

The other OWNERS can not say things that would hurt the league. And you'll notice that no owner went on record in the the ESPN or SI article.

GMs are not held to the same rules as owners. They have their contracts which only answer to their singular owner.

To defend his team against the allegations, Kraft would have to say things against the NFL. If/when you recognize that, maybe you'll have a case. Until then, your do a poor job of spin..

Why people and the media are so obssesed with the Pats?

This redundancy is tiring.

I believe Brady said it the best in one of those email that came out.

"We are the Patriots; everything is a big deal"

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
Felger, and I'm sure the Felger wrap up show w Adam Jones, is/will be quoting the unnamed sources in the ESPN piece as fact...meanwhile every time a Patriots player, coach, or owner speaks, they're lying...

I believe Brady said it the best in one of those email that came out.

"We are the Patriots; everything is a big deal"

well said...

god, i hope the pats avoid espn. just boycott them already.
tom should refuse to speak to them. none of those sit downs.

PWP - That isn't what was said and it would be good for you to not make sh!t up.

The other OWNERS can not say things that would hurt the league. And you'll notice that no owner went on record in the the ESPN or SI article.

GMs are not held to the same rules as owners. They have their contracts which only answer to their singular owner.

To defend his team against the allegations, Kraft would have to say things against the NFL. If/when you recognize that, maybe you'll have a case. Until then, your do a poor job of spin..

Baloney.
By your reasoning Kraft is already losing his franchise because he did defend his team responding to ONE of the many accusations (taping practices & walk thru) today.

Goodbye Bob! You were a better owner than the other 31!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back