PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA's official Brady appeal letter....Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady wants a fair playing field he has to be in court and by that time what would it matter anyway because he would have already served his suspension.

If it's still working its way through the courts in August, he would get an injunction (since you can't undo a suspension once it's happened).

Brady and Belichick gave press conferences based on the false information, they defended themselves and the team and had to attempt to explain what could have happened to the footballs for them to have been deflated by 2 psi.

Key point. In retrospect, if those press conferences had taken place with the general public being aware of the true pressures (that were measured at halftime, and which the NFL had in their possession), the entire affair would have gone away. It also would have invalidated any assertion that Brady (and the other two) had any motive whatsoever to collude in the deflation of footballs. Even the public would be skeptical about anyone plotting to gain a 0.1 or 0.2 psi advantage...at best.

If you believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are innocent because of which gauge he said he used means the Patriots balls were fine. If you don't believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are not guilty as you can't believe his recollection of the starting PSI. So which is it, innocent or not guilty, those are the choices unless your weirdly decide to believe Anderson on some things and not on others like the NFL stated.

If you believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are innocent because of which gauge he said he used means the Patriots balls were fine. If you don't believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are not guilty as you can't believe his recollection of the starting PSI. So which is it, innocent or not guilty, those are the choices unless your weirdly decide to believe Anderson on some things and not on others like the NFL stated.
That's been my platform for a while now. Either trust his memory completely, meaning the Patriots' measurements show no tampering, or do not trust his memory at all, meaning you have no data to base measurements upon.

Sure there is, its called the law.
The law will not uphold the giving away of a right in a collective bargaining agreement if it is egregious.

Plus Goodell violated the CBA by having Vincent issue the ruling. He did that because he wanted to hear the appeal, and judges have previously ruled he cannot be both.

The courts are not going to want to get involved in this mess and if they do you have to think they would just point to the cba where it's says Goodell can suspend players and he the arbitrator.

There is a reason why nflpa is trying to call Goodell as a witness.

Well Vincent legally couldn't rule on it. He is only allowed to give out a fine or suspension for something that happened on the field during the game if Goodell delegates it to him. Goodell had to make this ruling no-one else could have.

That's been my platform for a while now. Either trust his memory completely, meaning the Patriots' measurements show no tampering, or do not trust his memory at all, meaning you have no data to base measurements upon.
And this point proves that there was a pre-judgement that Wells was looking to verify. He trust Anderson's recollection on everything (even the PSI of 24 footballs!) pre-game but not on what gauge he (maybe?) used to measure them. Why? Because it doesn't fit that pre-judgement.

The courts are not going to want to get involved in this mess and if they do you have to think they would just point to the cba where it's says Goodell can suspend players and he the arbitrator.

Why would a court not want to get involved in protecting the rights or organized labor?

The CBA also says that Vincent is not allowed to make the punishment.

The court is the authority of the legality of items within the CBA.
Collectively bargaining something illegal does not make it legal.

Yep. It all circles back to where we all started in January: the NFL has nothing because they don't even know what PSI the balls started at in the pre-game inspection.

"Tom Brady--you just lost your appeal to the NFL, what are you going to do next?"
CFEGSJVUkAAYkjd.jpg

The courts had no issues with getting involved in the Peterson and Rice messes.

"Tom Brady--you just lost your appeal to the NFL, what are you going to do next?"
CFEGSJVUkAAYkjd.jpg

"Tom Brady--you just WON your appeal to the NFL, what are you going to do next?"

Fixed it for ya!

"Tom Brady--you just WON your appeal to the NFL, what are you going to do next?"

Fixed it for ya!
I am among the many who do not see Goodell backtracking on this one. To do so he would have to acknowledge the total failure of the edifice in which he resides. Brady will win in court, but not in the halls of Park Ave.

Last edited:
I among the many who do not see Goodell backtracking on this one. To do so he would have to acknowledge the total failure of the edifice in which he resides. Brady will win in court, but not in the halls of Park Ave.

"If" Goodell is able to remain the arbitrator, you may be correct. I doubt he'll be able to accomplish that. Do you actually think he'll remain the arbitrator?

...but then again, like everyone else here I'm not an expert on the politics of the NFL.

"If" Goodell is able to remain the arbitrator, you may be correct. I doubt he'll be able to accomplish that. Do you actually think he'll remain the arbitrator?

...but then again, like everyone else here I'm not an expert on the politics of the NFL.

Not Goodell's choice ultimately. Courts will decide.

If the Commissioner does not appoint such a neutral arbitrator, the NFLPA and Mr. Brady will seek recusal and pursue all available relief to obtain an arbitrator who is not evidently partial.

Not Goodell's choice ultimately. Courts will decide.

If the Commissioner does not appoint such a neutral arbitrator, the NFLPA and Mr. Brady will seek recusal and pursue all available relief to obtain an arbitrator who is not evidently partial.

Yup AJ...you just supported my point/response to Mack Herron who said Brady would lose...I just don't see him "losing" in any part of this process.

Not to put a jinx on anything!:p

Ridiculously, whether or not Goodell is arbitrator is entirely up to him. In my view, he will not relinquish this power and he will not turn his back on Vincent, Wells, etc.

Our difference, it seems, is that while we both agree Brady will win eventually, I don't think he will win a decision from the appeal; it will have to go to court.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back