PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA's official Brady appeal letter....Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviewing the CBA today while waiting for a driveway resealer who never showed and two things popped out at me....

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf
Section 46

>>>>>) Additional Procedures for Appeals Under Section 1(a).
(i) Discovery. In appeals under Section 1(a), the parties shall exchange copies of any exhibits upon which they intend to rely no later than three (3) calendar days prior to the hearing. Failure to timely provide any intended exhibit shall preclude its introduction at the hearing.<<<<<<

Brady will thus have everything the league intends to use but by the same token the league will have everything he intends to use. Why do I have a feeling a semi may back up to a Park Ave. address and drop off hundreds of boxes to be reviewed, the old " bury them in paperwork and let them figure out what is relevant" approach?
If the league tries the same approach,it could backfire if it ends up in court where them Team Brady has all of the NFL's "stuff" to pick apart......

Section 46

l>>>>>>>
(c) The Commissioner (under Subsection (a)), or the person appointed by the Commissioner under Subsection (b), shall consult with the Executive Director of the NFLPA prior to issuing, for on-field conduct, any suspension or fine in excess of
$50,000.<<<<<<<

They never consulted w the NFLPA before issuing the suspension and in the law, " shall" is mandatory language as in, " you must". I expect this to be part of Kessler's appeal. It may seem like a technicality but there are only 4 articles in Section 46 and if the League violated it, it makes the suspension not in accordance w the rules....

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
Do you think Goodell read the CBA? im sure he is trying to read the 3rd page of the wells report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back