PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA's official Brady appeal letter....Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are innocent because of which gauge he said he used means the Patriots balls were fine. If you don't believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are not guilty as you can't believe his recollection of the starting PSI. So which is it, innocent or not guilty, those are the choices unless your weirdly decide to believe Anderson on some things and not on others like the NFL stated.
Awesome summary. Going to hold this in my back pocket because I can't think of a quicker and more thorough way of nipping ******ed bar arguments in the bud.

Ridiculously, whether or not Goodell is arbitrator is entirely up to him. In my view, he will not relinquish this power and he will not turn his back on Vicent, Wells, etc.

Our difference, it seems, is that while we both agree Brady will win eventually, I don't think he will win a decision from the appeal; it will have to go to court.

No it is not. If he tries to do so, the NFLPA will challenge it in court:

If the Commissioner does not appoint such a neutral arbitrator, the NFLPA and Mr. Brady will seek recusal and pursue all available relief to obtain an arbitrator who is not evidently partial.

So, the NFLPA says, "We plan on calling Goodell as a witness as part of our appeal." and Goodell says, "Tough noogies, because I'm the arbitrator."

I wonder if the point about calling Goodell and Vincent as witnesses and specifically listing what they would be called about was a way to put them on notice (in the law "actual notice") so they don't destroy emails or use Hillary's server...
It will look a whole lot worse if they found out that Goodell deleted emails to his "independent investigator"....Courts and this will ultimately end up in court don't look kindly on spoliated (destroyed) records and make negative inferences from it...I'm not saying he did, just that it puts him on notice not to do so.or else....

He's getting sued then.

The ginger idiot HAS to have an ulterior motive to getting his ass dragged through court to lose again.

The only thing that makes sense from their perspective is that they really think Brady is guilty and won't want to go through discovery/turn his records over. If the Pats and Brady are bluffing they are bluffing pretty hard, which is why I think they're innocent, we didn't see anything like this after spygate.

So, Brady isn't under a 4 game suspension because Troy can't make it official? Do we have to wait for Roger to do that or does it mean that the NFLPA legitimized the assertion of a suspension by responding?

I would think the NFL offices could respond to this quickly and that the media would have had his official word on it.

... all/most/some of us have been in the corporate world for years, in my experience, any distribution/disclosure of classified/restricted information about new projects/acquisitions/mergers/contracts is ground for immediate dismissal.

Where the fck are all those reports coming from ?!?!? I don't get it, unless someone from the very top authorizes it, NFL would be left only with the door man as employee, every one else would be fired in any other corporation.

Where the fck are all those reports coming from ?!?!? I don't get it, unless someone from the very top authorizes it, NFL would be left only with the door man as employee, every one else would be fired in any other corporation.
Absolutely they are authorized or else it would have stopped after the first one. It is their alternate PR strategy to make the Patriots look bad,.....

Knowing what we know now, it's more probable than not that the NFL leaks from day one were coming from and/or were being approved by Goodell. This was a witch hunt from the very top.

Not advisable.

That letter was a warning that said, "I'm going in dry."

The thought of the consequences of this will create high moisture demand among the schadenfreude crowd.:D

so, if I am reading this right Goodell in his attempt to try and hammer the patriots and save face in this farce has already broken the CBA in this matter by

1. Appointing Troy vincent to dole out the punishment is not allowed.
2. punishing brady for refusing to turn over his cell-phone when that is also against the CBA

So, If goodell doesnt agree to have an independent arbitrator hear this, they will go straight to court and demand it....likely win, goodell wont be able to hear the travesty and likely lose and get it thrown out.

I think the NFLPA is using Goodells blind pride against him here. we could be witnessing the end of goodell

Ridiculously, whether or not Goodell is arbitrator is entirely up to him. In my view, he will not relinquish this power and he will not turn his back on Vincent, Wells, etc.

Our difference, it seems, is that while we both agree Brady will win eventually, I don't think he will win a decision from the appeal; it will have to go to court.
Maybe you didn't know that Brady's team is trying to remove Goodell from arbitrating his hearing?

Solid chance that will happen and that's the point of reference I've been taking

so, if I am reading this right Goodell in his attempt to try and hammer the patriots and save face in this farce has already broken the CBA in this matter by

1. Appointing Troy vincent to dole out the punishment is not allowed.
2. punishing brady for refusing to turn over his cell-phone when that is also against the CBA

So, If goodell doesnt agree to have an independent arbitrator hear this, they will go straight to court and demand it....likely win, goodell wont be able to hear the travesty and likely lose and get it thrown out.

I think the NFLPA is using Goodells blind pride against him here. we could be witnessing the end of goodell

The chances of Brady's team getting Goodell removed is far more probable than not!

If you believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are innocent because of which gauge he said he used means the Patriots balls were fine. If you don't believe Walt Anderson, the Patriots are not guilty as you can't believe his recollection of the starting PSI. So which is it, innocent or not guilty, those are the choices unless your weirdly decide to believe Anderson on some things and not on others like the NFL stated.

Bingo! Here's the key.... If the balls weren't below the predicted range due to scientific factors, everything else is irrelevant. In other words, even if Brady or anyone else had lied, it doesn't matter.

there has to be a basis for an investigation!

Can anyone tell me what that basis was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back