PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Full Replay:Pats vs Giants SB 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reminder: NFLN Superbowl 42 replay.

If Wilfork doesn't trip, he stops Jacobs on 4th down. Next play, Adalius makes Eli fumble and they get it back, next play Asante drops the game winning pick, next play Eli escapes...well you know what happened....:bricks: this is so painfully awful to watch

It just wasn't meant to be :'(

Another pick goes right through Meriweather's hands around the ten yard line.

The play I had forgotten about was the Wilfork trip and subsequent first down. That was game over right there.

Another thing that killed us in that game was the time it took for Moss to get downfield. The Giants D just kept blitzing full steam ahead knowing we needed time.

Now that we have three middle of the field guys-Welker, Aaron, and Gronk-I believe we can take advantage of their aggressive defense.

I can't believe I'm watching this. This is brutal. I can't stand this, but I've convinced myself I need to see it. I just tuned in in time to see the Pats drive for the TD. I've never even heard the commentary before or seen some of these replays, because I was at the game.

If Moss hadn't caught that TD, we probably tie the game. And if we tie, the Giants probably punt on fourth.

Ahh, the what could have beens.

I was there, too. When it came on I handed the remote to my fiancee and she switched to the Lifetime Channel. Anything beats reliving that torture for the umpteenth time.

hopefully BB will kick a FG or punt.. on 4th and 2233 to go... BB had as bad a game as anyone. Oh ...BB better not wear that red hoodie

I definitely agree with the "I need to watch this again" crowd. Just not yet. Gotta get another trophy first.

I found the full game on youtube though it's in Spanish. If we get to raise another Lombardi this is one of the first things I'll do for sure.

The 2006 season AFC title game is still more painful to watch or think about than this game will ever be. The Bears would have been an easy win the way we were playing late that season. In 07, the Giants were far from an easy win and the Pats were leaking oil by the time playoffs started.

Last edited:

243479931.jpg

189215d1287431388-junior-seau-arrested-for-domestic-violence-attempts-suicide-patriots-junior-seau.jpg

4783508c68768591a80501ec71273b9e_three_column.jpg

Never. Again.

No miracle helmet catches.

No asinine blitzes leaving midget CBs on 6-5 receivers.

No going for it on 4th and 13.

Just win.

Those who watched that are nuts.

Why? Use this game to get pumped for your team. It was a great game and could have gone either way. Let it go

SB 42 on NFL Network

I'm actually watching it. I won't watch past the Moss TD but it's interesting alreadyon the differences between my memory and I have a good one and what happened. Maroney actually started the game off pretty good. They shouldn't have given up on the run as Evans intimated this week.

I'm glad Buck and Aikman aren't doing SB 46. They did week 9 and SB42. Collinsworth did the week 17 game in 07 and will be doing SB 46 so maybe thats a good omen.

Last edited:
Re: SB 42 on NFL Network

The big play that no one ever mentions - not being able to stop Brandon Jacobs on 4th and 1.

Or...if Moss doesn't catch that TD, and we tie the game with a field goal, then the last drive never happens, because the Giants don't go for it on fourth down in their own territory, and perhaps we get the ball back with 3 timeouts and time to drive for a winning field goal.

Okay, I'm never discussing this game again.

I will not watch a single play unless I'm strapped down like Alex in A Clockwork Orange.

Petty sucked at halftime IMO.

I will not watch a single play unless I'm strapped down like Alex in A Clockwork Orange.
I'd rather drag my genitals through a pile of broken glass shards...

The big play that no one ever mentions - not being able to stop Brandon Jacobs on 4th and 1.

Or...if Moss doesn't catch that TD, and we tie the game with a field goal, then the last drive never happens, because the Giants don't go for it on fourth down in their own territory, and perhaps we get the ball back with 3 timeouts and time to drive for a winning field goal.

Okay, I'm never discussing this game again.

I've refused to watch any replay of this game but I've read probably around 100 different "would've, could've, should've" type of analysis on this board since that game and this is the first to mention that scenario. 90% of said analysis has been calling out either Hobbs, Asante, or Harrison. Glad to read a new way in which we could've won the game. Good perspective. (Not even being sarcastic, I mean this.)

Weird that you can analyze something a million times and always come up with a new viewpoint. Super Bowl 42 is slowly getting to JFK Assassination status in the minds of us Patriots fans. Always trying to put another spin on things and what not.

I remember never having a good feeling from the moment the game started. I felt like we were the 2001 Rams and the Giants were the 2001 Patriots. Im kind of loving every mention the Giants are getting from the media this time. I want the Patriots to be overlooked this time. Then it will be that much sweeter.

Bad night in general for football related TV. I just popped in my 3 DVD set "America's Game" Patriots Collection, poured me a rather healthy glass of Glenlivet 21, put my feet up and enjoyed!

I'll watch it if I want to throw-up. :bricks:

I will never re-watch this game..

B/c it never happened...

tumblr_lw4t45P9tC1r0ftodo1_400.gif

Rejoice people!

Rams at Patriots at 12am EST on the NFL Network. Full 3 hr show.

I'm recording it.

Watched it for the first time since. Not as agonizing as I thought it would be. Not to beat a dead horse but they did everything but win the damn game. So many easy missed opportunities wasted to put that game away. especially on that final drive.

I didn't realize how close Moss was to catching that final ball. Surprised Randy didn't try to jump for that ball because if he had 9 times out of 10 he comes down with it. Must of not had the footing to make the leap I guess.

Oh well, big game this Sunday with the chance to add a 4th super bowl title. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft