PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN Full Replay:Pats vs Giants SB 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reminder: NFLN Superbowl 42 replay.

Randall Gay is so incredibly bad. Is not even funny.

So watching Superbowl 42 over again on NFL Network

First time I really could sit and watch it, but dam we looked good on offense but Tom was off on some throws that could of opened the game up. Anyway things I noticed (yes these things may not matter much but I see the giants having a similar game plan on defense you think?)

1. randy moss was killing them deep and open a lot ( I'd love to use chad deep or long fade routes)

2. Welker was torching the D, no one was even could touch him with his crossing patterns

3. To stop their fast pass rush, we used a lot of screens that worked very well, especially when the lineman got out and blocked

4. Dam I miss Teddy being a good Leader on D

Why lol... Havent you seen it enough? We already know what happens.

It's kind of like when I watch Titanic. I still hold out hope that the boat is gonna miss the iceberg.

Yep, I'm watching it.

Won't watch the end though.

turning it off after moss catches his TD and pretending we hold the giants to a 3 and out and run out the clock.:rocker:

The secondary was the weakness on that team too, but not a huge one like this year.

The thing with this game and the game this year against the Giants is the poor field position. In the 2007 game, the Pats were always starting around their 10 yard line.

Also, I won't say Moss quit but there were some throws that he should at least have tried for. One short throw from Brady in the first half, if was looking, would have been an easy reception. Another in the beginning of the 4th, the ball was high but he did not even attempt at reaching for it.

The other thing you notice is that Eli is a much better QB now. Add to the fact that he is better with pressure and you have the best QB in the manning family.

Last edited:

damm .. giants picked up practically every blitz the pats sent.

I can't believe I'm watching this. This is brutal. I can't stand this, but I've convinced myself I need to see it. I just tuned in in time to see the Pats drive for the TD. I've never even heard the commentary before or seen some of these replays, because I was at the game.

If Moss hadn't caught that TD, we probably tie the game. And if we tie, the Giants probably punt on fourth.

Ahh, the what could have beens.

If Wilfork doesn't trip, he stops Jacobs on 4th down. Next play, Adalius makes Eli fumble and they get it back, next play Asante drops the game winning pick, next play Eli escapes...well you know what happened....:bricks: this is so painfully awful to watch

It just wasn't meant to be :'(

Last edited:

Them making the Super Bowl again this year helped me make my peace with this game. Yeah, it was a heart breaker, but FINALLY being on the winning end of a heart breaker finally healed this wound.

It's tough to watch, but I don't wanna be a Marshall Faulk or a Kordell Stewart. It took me four years to say this: the Giants just played better.

that wasn't that bad .. now i have let go .. :singing:

Re: So watching Superbowl 42 over again on NFL Network

I turned it off after the Tyree Catch...

After literally agonizing over watching Vince Fall on the 4 and 1, then watching a Sure fire INT dropped by Samuel, and then that... It was enough to get to so pissed.

Such a series of unbelievable events to allow that game to end in that way it did. Magical in a sense... Still unbelievable.

I guess I needed closure. That sucked. I never need to see that again. That was rough.

No NFLN or I'd check it out.

Last year I watched "NFL films Americas game Giants 07", I was somewhat happy for them after hearing their side of the story.

Until our recent encounter in week 9, that put me back to defcon 4, now it's back to Goblin face Couphlin, Eli Gump and the gang.

Be nice if someone Parked a Bus between the gap in Strahans teeth for the next 2 weeks.

:bricks:

Last edited:

Those who watched that are nuts.

14 points. Glad Josh is back.

No NFLN or I'd check it out.

Last year I watched "NFL films Americas game Giants 07", I was somewhat happy for them after hearing their side of the story.

Until our recent encounter in week 9, that put me back to defcon 4, now it's back to Goblin face Couphlin, Eli Gump and the gang.

Be nice if someone Parked a Bus between the gap in Strahans teeth for the next 2 weeks.

:bricks:
LMFAO! The dude could use some dental work. I guess he loves rocking the Spongebob Square Pants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back