PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Schedule Release Date???

I'm hoping we open with the Monday night late game against SD. Sooner we get that trip out of the way the better.

This'll b a Sunday nite game during the "sweeps" period; whenever that is

The 28 day period before Thanksgiving. So this year will be Thursday October 30th thru Wednesday November 27th.

I am thinking Pats/Broncos will be CBS last Thursday Night game, which happens to be October 30th.

One last bit of non-coincidence: the NFL schedule will be announced at the same time that Mark Cuban's NBA team will be tipping off for a playoff game. I'll be interested in seeing the ratings for the two.

Since the NBA game is on NBA TV.
Here is last yr NBA TV vs NFL Network

NBA TV
8pm to 9pm NBA Playoff Preview .1 139,000
9pm to 10pm Open Court .2 213,000
10pm to 11pm NBA Playoff Preview(repeat) .1 149,000

Last yr on NFL Network schedule show did a .2 247,000 (8pm to 11pm)

http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/2013/04/nbc-sports-network-nba-tv-mlb-network_26.html

i always love the release regular season schedule day :)

It's today!!!!! Yes!!!! Can't wait.. Now I can plan my west coast trip!!

The 28 day period before Thanksgiving. So this year will be Thursday October 30th thru Wednesday November 27th.

I am thinking Pats/Broncos will be CBS last Thursday Night game, which happens to be October 30th.

No way they make that a Thursday night game!

I'm hoping we open with the Monday night late game against SD. Sooner we get that trip out of the way the better.

Hope not, that game kicks off at like 3 or 4 am over here! The 4:25pm(?) slot would be nice for the Chargers game.

Hope not, that game kicks off at like 3 or 4 am over here! The 4:25pm(?) slot would be nice for the Chargers game.
No way the patriots open up with that game... That game is always two west coast teams

I was actually coming in here to post just that. I know the locals don't like it, but I honestly hope the Pats open up on a primetime game, like Monday Night Football. If they do, I hope it's the Chargers so that west coast trip is done in Week 1. Last time the Pats opened on MNF, I took the day off, played 18 holes with some buddies, came back with a case of beer, and enjoyed watching us take out the Dolphins in Miami.

No way the patriots open up with that game... That game is always two west coast teams
Not necessarily. The Texans aren't a west coast team and they opened up against the Chargers on MNF last year.

By sheer coincidence, the announcement is at the same time as the Mavs game. Be interesting to see who wins out on rating, although I think it'll do very little in getting Cuban to shut up.

Do you think the schedule gets leaked earlier than 8pm?

Not necessarily. The Texans aren't a west coast team and they opened up against the Chargers on MNF last year.

Well that answers it then.. Doubtful they would schedule chargers again two years In a row for 10pm MNF

That's what I think it'll be too, the league will probably want to play up the Revis vs Jets thing.
Exactly... The patriots have opened up against duds the past 3 years it's seemed like too..

Gut feeling....

Pats at jets Monday night at 7 to open the season
that really does seem like what they would do, but then again they did end up scheduling that game against the Ravens for week 16

E
that really does seem like what they would do, but then again they did end up scheduling that game against the Ravens for week 16

Yeah we'll see .. I just hope the chargers game is in the October or November time frame. I would hate to travel there in sept or before Christmas. I am def going to that game though.

Well that answers it then.. Doubtful they would schedule chargers again two years In a row for 10pm MNF
Not really, either. The Chargers played two years in a row on MNF before. Without looking it up, I believe both years were against the Raiders as well.

I wonder if we see the schedule leaked around 6pm

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back