PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Schedule Release Date???

I am not saying it will be moved. I am saying we don't know the rules for weeks 5-10 on flex scheduling. And that networks have given up protected games to be flexed.
And like I said, the only "protected" games that can be lost are when a network is planning on showing the protected game to only a small percentage of the country.

Den-NE will be shown to everyone east of California. On CBS. At 4:25 eastern. November 2. WRITTEN IN STONE.

And like I said, the only "protected" games that can be lost are when a network is planning on showing the protected game to only a small percentage of the country.

Den-NE will be shown to everyone east of California. On CBS. At 4:25 eastern. November 2. WRITTEN IN STONE.

Show me the rules specifically stating them for week 5-10. We don't know them yet

Yes I addressed this point above. As the rules currently exist, a network can lose their "protect" if they are planning on broadcasting that game only to a small percentage of the country. Patriots-Broncos will be broadcast pretty much everywhere on or east of the Rockies.

It is locked in to CBS at 4:25. Take that to the bank.
That makes no sense because surely CBS intended to broadcast KC/Denver to the majority of the nation. Even if you ignore common sense they wouldn't protect it if they didn't plan to.

Show me the rules specifically stating them for week 5-10. We don't know them yet

Same rules as normal flexing except they can only flex 2 games between Week 5-10

Same rules as normal flexing except they can only flex 2 games between Week 5-10

No one has said about protection of games. How many games can they protect from week 5-10. And now with CBS and FOX being able to carry all NFC or all AFC games. That changes a lot.

That makes no sense because surely CBS intended to broadcast KC/Denver to the majority of the nation. Even if you ignore common sense they wouldn't protect it if they didn't plan to.
They couldn't have broadcasted it to the majority of the nation because they didn't have the double header that weekend. Looking at the schedule, Den-KC would NOT have been broadcast to the following cities and their surrounding areas:

New York
Buffalo
Baltimore/Washington
Chicago
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Oakland
Houston
San Diego
Miami
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay

Awful lot of big metropolitan areas on that list which would not have been able to see 9-0 versus 8-1. Pretty much the entire east coast except New England, the Great Lakes and a big chunk of Texas. That's only about 2/3rd the population of our country.

Last edited:
See you in November, bro. See you in November.

You mean October 20th. Day it has to be decided by
Well it's already been decided, but I figure it will take nothing short of seeing the men actually take the field on gameday to convince y'all that y'all are wrong. So I'm still targeting November.

E

Yeah we'll see .. I just hope the chargers game is in the October or November time frame. I would hate to travel there in sept or before Christmas. I am def going to that game though.
Well they went ahead and scheduled it for week 16 Dec 21st so exactly what you hoped against.

Dude, relax. I'm just having some fun and come November, someone is going to be doing an awful lot of gloating. :p :D
I think you definitely have a good chance of pissing longer and having a thicker stream than the other guy does.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back