PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Schedule Release Date???

5 830 games?

Denver gets screwed playing nearly a month away this season.

Last edited:
Boy I hate (love) to say I told you so, but to all the people dead convinced the Broncos-Patriots would be on Sunday night football and I said CBS would want it for themselves....

I TOLD YOU SO

Boy I hate (love) to say I told you so, but to all the people dead convinced the Broncos-Patriots would be on Sunday night football and I said CBS would want it for themselves....

I TOLD YOU SO

you had no idea when it would be..you just guessed like everyone else.

Interesting new occurrence:

All that talk of Bills-Lions on Thanksgiving was wrong. It is Bears-Lions on CBS. Yes you read that right.

you had no idea when it would be..you just guessed like everyone else.
I agree I had no idea specifically when it would be, but I said CBS would insist that they would get to broadcast it instead of NBC taking it yet again.

Really weird prime time games, Bengals over Packers/Broncos, really?

NE/GB is basically a national game. Only other game on at the time is ARZ/ATL. Similar with Broncos other games on at the time are SF/STL and SEA/OAK

I TOLD YOU SO

I would wait to brag, because it can still change.

5 830 games?

Denver gets screwed playing nearly a month away this season.
Denver got screwed by having an extremely early bye, 3 in a row on the road and 6 of their final 9 on the road.

All those people whining about the NFL catering to Manning look pretty clueless right about now.

I would wait to brag, because it can still change.
Now that it has been given to CBS, they can "protect" it from flexing to NBC. They only get a small number of games they can "protect" but since Den-NE is probably the biggest game of the year, I guarantee you they keep it.

Now that it has been given to CBS, they can "protect" it from flexing to NBC. They only get a small number of games they can "protect" but since Den-NE is probably the biggest game of the year, I guarantee you they keep it.

I would hold off on the guarantee because we don't know the rules of protecting games from week 5-10 right now. We know 2 games can be moved but don't know the rules.

We also know NFL has switched protected games before also.

I like how we are at home for 3 weeks without the need to travel before facing the donkeys. I also like that we get a bye before the next challenging game (at Colts).

I would hold off on the guarantee because we don't know the rules of protecting games from week 5-10 right now. We know 2 games can be moved but don't know the rules.

We also know NFL has switched protected games before also.
No, we don't "know" that. When ahs that ever happened? CBS and Fox cannot protect week 17 games, and the NFL can always shift from 1:00 to 4:15, but the whole point of protecting a game is it cannot be flexed.

This game is locked in stone. You can take that to the bank.

No, we don't "know" that. When ahs that ever happened? CBS and Fox cannot protect week 17 games, and the NFL can always shift from 1:00 to 4:15, but the whole point of protecting a game is it cannot be flexed.

This game is locked in stone. You can take that to the bank.

Last year CBS protected Den/KC and lost it to NBC

Last year CBS protected Den/KC and lost it to NBC
ok you know what? Get back to me in November and we'll ese which of us was right and which of us was wrong.

A network can lose a protected game if they were only planning on airing it to a small percentage of the country. Den-NE will be broadcast to the entire nation.

See you in November.

2013_10_10_15_47_21.png

NBC still got the week 11 game.

NBC still got the week 11 game.
Yes I addressed this point above. As the rules currently exist, a network can lose their "protect" if they are planning on broadcasting that game only to a small percentage of the country. Patriots-Broncos will be broadcast pretty much everywhere on or east of the Rockies.

It is locked in to CBS at 4:25. Take that to the bank.

Yes I addressed this point above. As the rules currently exist, a network can lose their "protect" if they are planning on broadcasting that game only to a small percentage of the country. Patriots-Broncos will be broadcast pretty much everywhere on or east of the Rockies.

It is locked in to CBS at 4:25. Take that to the bank.

Sure. We don't even know the rules for flex games between week 5-10. Networks might not be able to protect games during those weeks.

Sure. We don't even know the rules for flex games between week 5-10. Networks might not be able to protect games during those weeks.
Promise me you'll be here in November. I can save up another round of "I told you so's" for later delivery.

You people who say this game can be flexed are just being argumentative. It is locked in stone, period, end of discussion. Any who disagree, I'll see you in November.

Promise me you'll be here in November. I can save up another round of "I told you so's" for later delivery.

You people who say this game can be flexed are just being argumentative. It is locked in stone, period, end of discussion. Any who disagree, I'll see you in November.

I am not saying it will be moved. I am saying we don't know the rules for weeks 5-10 on flex scheduling. And that networks have given up protected games to be flexed.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back