PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason moves which may impact the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aubrayo Franklin was a player I would've liked for the Patriots to consider if Wilfork didn't re-sign. Never mind.

Aubrayo Franklin was a player I would've liked for the Patriots to consider if Wilfork didn't re-sign. Never mind.
It is what it is. :)

Brady says hi!

a source in New England tells us Julius Peppers is their #1 priority this offseason. Then Wilfork
What are you nattering about?

I'd rather have Wilfork signed before Peppers.

Last edited:
Seems like Seattle and Buffalo would be the most affected by this. Do they trade down or select the best player available? Let's say...

1. Tampa Bay - Jimmy Clause
2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh
3. St. Louis - Gerald McCoy
4. Washington - Sam Bradford
5. Kansas City - Russell Okung
6. Seattle - ?
7. Cleveland - Eric Berry
8. Oakland - Joe Haden
9. Buffalo - ?

The St. Louis Rams are in the market for a quarterback, and all of the trade speculation has the Rams interested in one of the Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks: Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick or Kevin Kolb. The Rams would be interested in all three of the Eagles quarterbacks, but the name that continues to be linked with the Rams is Vick. It was reported earlier this week by multiple media outlets that the Eagles would likely hold onto Vick until the preseason to create a larger trade market for the former No. 1 overall draft pick. If this report is true, and the Rams are unable to workout a deal with the Eagles prior to the draft for Vick, I’ve been told by two sources that the Rams are prepared to turn to option B, and the alternative involves a potential blockbuster trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

In addition to finding a franchise quarterback, the Rams are interested in trading out of the top spot in this year’s draft, moving down a few spots and acquiring additional draft picks and players. I’ve been told that the Rams and Buccaneers have had exploratory discussions on a deal, which would involve the team’s first round selections (No. 1 and 3), possibly one of the Buccaneers second round picks (they have two picks in the second round: No. 35 and 42) or their third round pick (No. 67). Again, these discussions have been exploratory, as the Rams continue to investigate all of their options, but the deal involving the Rams and Bucs first round picks and Tampa Bay’s third round pick, not one of their second-round picks, is where it gets interesting.

A source close to the situation in St. Louis told me that if a deal with the Eagles can’t be consummated prior to the draft, they may take the Bucs third round pick over one of their second round picks, because they’re “very high” on third-year quarterback Josh Johnson, who they would insist being in a potential trade with Tampa Bay. Rams officials compare Johnson favorably to Vick athletically, but they feel that he has a greater upside as a passer.

Scout.com: Rams, Buccaneers Blockbuster Possible

I'd love Boldin, but I don't think a trade for him would be the wisest move for the Pats. I think Osi could be a good pickup, Kearney being a 2nd to Osi. Other than that, there isn't much there that i would want in the Flying elvis. Marshall has all the talent in the world, but I am willing to bet Myra would go apesh** if he was brought to town.

Man, I would have liked to see a Maroney for Cromartie swap since it looks like the Chargers WERE shopping for a RB. But I suppose Choice has more upside at the moment and SD probably did not want to help NE in any possible trades. The Cowpokes are an out of conference foe, so less risk trading with them. Oh well, Cromartie's health issues are the Cowboys concern now but if Cromartie pans out they will have a nasty secondary in 2010.

PS Could Kampman play OLB in the Pats 3-4?

Last edited:
Man, I would have liked to see a Maroney for Cromartie swap since it looks like the Chargers WERE shopping for a RB. But I suppose Choice has more upside at the moment and SD probably did not want to help NE in any possible trades. The Cowpokes are an out of conference foe, so less risk trading with them. Oh well, Cromartie's health issues are the Cowboys concern now but if Cromartie pans out they will have a nasty secondary in 2010.

PS Could Kampman play OLB in the Pats 3-4?

He couldn't play it for GB, and that's a much more pass-rush friendly system than ours.

Seems like Seattle and Buffalo would be the most affected by this. Do they trade down or select the best player available? Let's say...

1. Tampa Bay - Jimmy Clause
2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh
3. St. Louis - Gerald McCoy
4. Washington - Sam Bradford
5. Kansas City - Russell Okung
6. Seattle - ?
7. Cleveland - Eric Berry
8. Oakland - Joe Haden
9. Buffalo - ?

Scout.com: Rams, Buccaneers Blockbuster Possible

Why would Tampa draft JC when they drafted Freeman with a first rounder last year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft