PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason moves which may impact the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jags or Hawks don't take Morgan off the board, Miami is going to be a nightmare for the foreseeable future.
Which is why I'd seriously consider trading up to 10 or 11 for him. The price for that caliber of player is not unreasonable, and NE would still have ammo for trading down with the other second round picks.

Trade a 2nd rounder to Washington for Haynesworth. He could play a mulitude of positions across the line but would primarily be used at Seymour's spot at RDE, on passing downs he could slide inside along with Mike Wright.

DL
Warren*, Wilfork, Haynesworth
Wright, Brace, Pryor

*Anyone remember the last time Warren made a play?

Trade a 2nd rounder to Washington for Haynesworth. He could play a mulitude of positions across the line but would primarily be used at Seymour's spot at RDE, on passing downs he could slide inside along with Mike Wright.

DL
Wright, Brace, Pryor

January, against Baltimore, you may recall which side of the formation they preferred to run against. :popcorn:

DL
Wright, Brace, Pryor

The 4 man front with Warren, Haynesworth, Wilfork and a new draftee (Wootton or Dunlap for instance) would really excite me.

The 4 man front with Warren, Haynesworth, Wilfork and a new draftee (Wootton or Dunlap for instance) would really excite me.

Ok, this is getting crazy. For a 3rd rounder a team can land Haynesworth?

Albert Haynesworth

This guy is a Kris Jenkins / Ngota type player if motivated (motivation is a serious concern) but even a second round pick is 50/50 to ever contribute for an NFL team. Haynesworth is less of a risk than a draft pick IMO.

Appearing on NFL Network's Around the League program Monday, Jason La Canfora reported that a trade of Albert Haynesworth on or before draft weekend is "very likely."

La Canfora says the Redskins intend to make a big move this week, and that shipping off Haynesworth is the best bet. Washington currently holds just one draft pick in the top 100. Haynesworth should be able to fetch an early third-rounder at the least. The Skins may be targeting a second-rounder.

I'd trade Pats pick # 52 for Haynesworth in a heartbeat. :)

But what do I know :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey