PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Divisional Round game: GB@SF

The 49ers/Purdy are going to get written off all week and win the NFC Championship game by 17 points, they're going to get a massive pressure release winning this game.
Nah, I think people recognized Green Bay was a very dangerous team. They’ll still be favorites next week.

Brady cost us a Superbowl doing that one year.

On the very first play of the game.

That was Not worthy of a penalty flag.

Though I admit that was a bad play design... The better call should've been either a check-down to the Law Firm after the play-action fake;
or a quick swing-out pass to Gronk in his Willis Reed moment, to give the Vagiants something to think about for the rest of the game...

If we had Golden Tate on the 46 that day, we win. Period. Should've won anyway... Brady seeing an open for a 1st down Edelman inside the Vagiants' 10 would've helped too...

Atleast the Packers took their crap kicker in the 6th Round we took ours in the Fourth on a egregious Trade up.
Avoid The Office GIF

@SOWTIME15, get your phoney sorry fake lawyer, fake Patriots fan, former member Tommybrady12, MAC10 and actual troll ass back to Chiefs Planet where you might, might still have posting privileges...that is if you haven't embarrassed yourself off of there as well. Shouldn't you be preparing for some imagined high profile case to pay for your supposed million dollar house?

Love hit midnight on this season with a few errant throws and 1 very dumb decision, but overall he is much better than anything we've had since 2019. If we found a QB like him, I'd be happy.
49ers showed what good teams do - 4min drives to win when it matters. Lions at San Fran should be exciting in the NFCCG, and I don't think it's an automatic that 9ers win. They should, but I'll be pulling for Lions all the way (assuming they beat Baker today)

LaFleur got cute with that 4th down stupid tush push, a lot of mistakes

1 - That's a situation you take the points, very early in the game

2 - Love is skinny

3 - if you're gonna take that risk it's worth using a timeout, it's not 2nd half to save it. Think it right and if you're gonna do the tush push anyways at least let you linemen catch some extra breath

Looks like I missed a good game. Dinner out with friends. Trying Dry Q1. So far so good. It's a challenge for sure.

I would be stunned if that Packers kicker isn't cut by Tuesday. They win that game with a competent one.

49ers had their scare and probably roll next week. They better hope KC/Buff beat Baltimore though. Because they don't matchup well with the Ravens at all.

Love played bad in the 4th. But otherwise was solid against a much superior team. Wonder how much GB will pay him. The jury was out on whether he was a franchise QB. He definitely is.

Who cares at this point. The damage is done.

Upon further review, the Pack got what they deserved. Their rookie kicker never should have been put in that position. I didn't realize how poorly he had performed the entire season...worse than Ryland. That was missed kick number THIRTEEN for the year. It was player personnel malpractice to not sign a veteran kicker late in the year, for the playoff run and the playoffs. The kid probably took that kick devoid of confidence with pee pee still streaming down his leg.

Brady cost us a Superbowl doing that one year.

On the very first play of the game.

So you're harping on one play at the beginning of a game as costing us a Superbowl and don't mention that Belichick intentionally sat our best DB for an ENTIRE Superbowl when our secondary was getting TORCHED by the Eagles costing us a Superbowl?

Sounds like the typical "unbalanced" analysis you can expect from the blind and devoted Belichick defenders squad! To the rescue with a dig at TB12 after your "guy" has run our franchise into the ground and been removed from his job by Kraft for very good reasons!!! 4-13!

Belichick cost us SEASONS with his horrible drafting, horrible staff decisions, and terrible handling of free agency. That's more than just one bad play or one bad call, that's an entire body of work for the past 4 seasons.

So clearly i was wrong about both games (though I did at least say SF would win). Thoughts. GB seems to have a bright future. It wasn't clean for the rookie, but considering the situation and the quality of defense he was facing his team and fanbase can't be upset with what they saw. Clearly they need to up the talent around him a bit, but they don't seem that far away. I think SF under performed a bit and we saw several times guys fall down for them or GB WRs run completely open, very out of character.

To me though this doesn't change the narrative for either team going forward. I thought SF should have won by more if they played cleaner and Purdy wasn't so shaky, but their stars carried them through a hard fought contest. They will probably be more clean and ready to go next week, this was not them at their best, but its the playoffs and GB wasn't some scrub. Again they will go as far as Purdy can take them, that will not change and while this wasn't a great game I still didn't see anything to suggest he'll turn into a pumpkin. A very fun game to watch.

Last edited:
Packers put up a good fight (should've won), but LaFluer got too greedy starting early in the game not taking the points. Love finally made some bad throws, but he's got a high ceiling. Packers will be back next year and build off the 9-8 season. Their O-line was throwing all that money the 9ers had spent on that front 7 out of the club for most of the night.

49ers secondary tried their hardest to lose the game and I think it's going to haunt them again soon. The Packers WR's were too quick for them. That has been their massive weakness since 2019. Purdy looks lost without Samuel. Packers were also getting in his face most of the night and forcing him to alter his throws. I'm rooting for a Lions-9ers NFCCG.

Last edited:
So you're harping on one play at the beginning of a game as costing us a Superbowl and don't mention that Belichick intentionally sat our best DB for an ENTIRE Superbowl when our secondary was getting TORCHED by the Eagles costing us a Superbowl?

Sounds like the typical "unbalanced" analysis you can expect from the blind and devoted Belichick defenders squad! To the rescue with a dig at TB12 after your "guy" has run our franchise into the ground and been removed from his job by Kraft for very good reasons!!! 4-13!

Belichick cost us SEASONS with his horrible drafting, horrible staff decisions, and terrible handling of free agency. That's more than just one bad play or one bad call, that's an entire body of work for the past 4 seasons.

No. You're harping on one play from one game from a QB in his first season as a starter and second playoff game.

**** happens bro.

What does Bill decisions have to do with my example? Do you disagree that Brady putting the Patriots in a 9-0 hole out the gate cost them that Superbowl?

And what's with your projections? I have almost 20 years of post. If you can't be bothered to do the work on who I am then don't bother to project onto me on who you think I am.

I've been a it's Brady more than Bill guy the entire time.

It doesn't mean he's immune to criticism or mistakes.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back