PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com: Pats uniforms worst out of all 4 major sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bs. Whoever voted in this, voted against the Pats just because of who they are. I happen to think our Uni's are the best in football. :rocker:
I wasted 10 seconds of my life to see the results of this poll. I don't think the OP actually read his own article.

First of all, it's not a poll; it's just the opinion of one single guy who has proclaimed himself "The Uniform Monitor." Quite honestly, it's something I would expect more from a 3rd rate website desperate to generate web treaffic more than I would from nfl.com. Furthermore, his criticism isn't that the current uniforms are ugly as much as it is that they should return to the old-school Pat Patriot days.

All this does is prove what ESPN discovered almost 20 years ago (and now shoves down our throats daily): If you're a media outlet and you want attention and you want people to talk about you, all you need to do is make up some sort of stupid "list" with rankings.

This might be the worst jersey in North America period....

brek-shea-p11.jpg

I wasted 10 seconds of my life to see the results of this poll. I don't think the OP actually read his own article.

First of all, it's not a poll; it's just the opinion of one single guy who has proclaimed himself "The Uniform Monitor." Quite honestly, it's something I would expect more from a 3rd rate website desperate to generate web treaffic more than I would from nfl.com. Furthermore, his criticism isn't that the current uniforms are ugly as much as it is that they should return to the old-school Pat Patriot days.

All this does is prove what ESPN discovered almost 20 years ago (and now shoves down our throats daily): If you're a media outlet and you want attention and you want people to talk about you, all you need to do is make up some sort of stupid "list" with rankings.

Exactly. A completely worthless fluff piece.

Has anyone seen how godawful the Green Beans uniforms look this year? It's now a flat army green. I don't like what Nike has done to the NFL unis in general, just tinkering with them for the sake of it. Seattle's are an abomination -- seems that now about two-thirds of the league are navy blue as the primary color.

"The Uniform Monitor" sounds like it could be an episode of Seinfeld...

I never said it was a poll, and yes, I did read it.

Why do they call it the flying elvis, I've always thought it looked more like a guy wearing a hammer on his head.

I always thought it was patterned after the [former] New England tourist attraction the profile of the "Old Man in the Mountain" up in New Hampshire at Norford's Crotch...:eek::p A sort of appeal to be more than just Boston's team but rather seeking regional allegiance as New England's team.:snob:

This sounds a lot more like a what team's uniform makes you cringe every time you see them in the super bowl poll. Yes we are hated and I'm proud of it. Mucho respect factor.

Well, it is Nike. I'm surprised they didn't go buck wild and try something like this. Who know's give em 10 years.:bricks:

Attachments

• tron_legacy_suits.jpg
    tron_legacy_suits.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 232
This thread reminds me of a Jim Carroll song..."It's Too Late"..

you see, you just don't know..

I'm here to give you my heart

and you want some fashion show...
Great tune.

Players and management do not perform according to the uniform. They could be wearing orange and black tiger stripes on their helmet. It wouldn't matter.

What do you guys think? Personally, I love our uniforms, but what are your takes?

"122. New England Patriots,
Patriots: When Robert Kraft and Bill Parcells changed the uniforms two decades ago, it made sense. They were washing off years of mostly mediocre-to-lousy play. Now, eight years since their last Super Bowl win (not to mention an image-tarnishing scandal), it's time for a full-time return to the glorious red-and-white Pat the Patriot getups. Not doing so is outrage to discerning eyeballs everywhere. " :rofl:

Gee you think this guy has ANYTHING good to say about the Patriots? Obviously nothing but a hater.

Now here's some ugly ass uniforms

Cleveland+Browns+v+Pittsburgh+Steelers+Yz0iI7k5cvBl.jpg

Second, I read a few idiots pining for the Pat Patriot logo. The 2-14 twice logo; the 1-15 logo; the picture of the guy taking a dump. Do I need to go on?

(Yes, I know some idiot will bring up 1976, and 1985. However you make a list of above .500 seasons while I make a longer list of sub .500 seasons.)

I have read a lot of similar comments over the years, and I'll respectfully disagree. I have often tried to figure out where this sentiment comes from. At first I thought it was a glass half full versus glass half empty way of thinking, but I don't think that is it; if it was then the same people would immediately think of the last two Super Bowls that the Patriots played in when they saw the current uniforms - and I have never seen anybody mention that.

So why do so many associate those two seasons - and only those two seasons - with the red uniforms? I'm thinking it has to do with one's age; perhaps there is a segment of fans who were at their very impressionable age in terms of sports from 1990 to 1992, and at another very impressionable age in 2001-04? I can't really think of any other explanation.

P.S.,
Contrary to popular opinion the New England Patriots actually did have more winning seasons than losing seasons prior to both 2001 as well as prior to changing from red to blue uniforms; it's one of those internet myths that has been repeated so often (thanks to fans of opposing teams) that most everyone assumes it to be true - but it isn't.

Sincerely,
"Some Idiot"
:D

Last edited:
jets' uniforms are indescribably hideous and are worn exclusively by stupid people.

How do the dolphins have cooler/better uniforums than the pats?

Aquamarine and orange? wut...

When Brady and Bellicheck retires, maybe then the Pats should go back to full Red uniforms...It could symbolize a new era or whatever.

A lot of teams in a bunch of sports seem to do that, Marlins, Bobcats, etc.

Someone may have posted this already, but the author (Dave Dameshek) is an admitted Pittsburgh Steelers' fan, as he is a Pitt native. He is also a "humorist"...he can have nothing good to say about the Pats, nor should he be taken seriously.

He has an honorary degree from the National Mustard Museum, for God's sake.

I think the pats uniforms look pretty good. Do I gota say, the Bills new blue are the best looking in the nfl. Pats red throwback look way better than our regular.

With all talk about player safety I could see these uni's on the field in years to come, emperor Godell approved:bricks:

Attachments

• 2754474.jpg
    2754474.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 91
Someone may have posted this already, but the author (Dave Dameshek) is an admitted Pittsburgh Steelers' fan, as he is a Pitt native. He is also a "humorist"...he can have nothing good to say about the Pats, nor should he be taken seriously.

He has an honorary degree from the National Mustard Museum, for God's sake.

That would explain a lot. I don't remember exactly what it was about but I do recall he had a very anti-Pats article on NFL.com last year as well, in the name of 'humor'.

If they ever wanted to do a legitimate poll/survey, post the uniforms without the logos. However, that wouldn't give a person like Dameshek an opportunity to rank the Patriots last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back