PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com: Pats uniforms worst out of all 4 major sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Two Cents...

1 ~ I think the current design is very cool. I hated the old design, and it was such a tremendous relief for me when we finally brought some coolness to the look.

2 ~ I detest the Flying Elvis. What in God's name were they thinking of when they came up with that?? :confused: What the hell is that supposed to be, for God's sake??? :rolleyes: Whatever it is, it sucks. :snob:

3 ~ On the other hand, I really disliked the Pat Patriot bit. I apologize if that offends anyone, but don't misunderstand: I applaud the attempt to draw immediate attention to our Revolutionary, Insurrectionist History. I LOVE it!! But having the guy bent over?? Yes, I know that he's a Center, of course, but why not choose a LineBacker on the attack?? Isn't the idea to strike fear into the enemy?? What a GOD awful choice that was: The "miniature bent over guy". GAH.
icon_mad.gif

I think that this look would be extremely cool:

patriots.jpg

And I'd like to replace Elvis with any of these:

1 ~ The American Flag ~ 13 Stars Version, to honor The Revolution.

2 ~ The American Flag ~ 50 Stars Version.

3 ~ Crossed Rifles or Crossed Swords ~ in honor of the The Revolutionary War that New EngLand started all alone, single-handedly rising against Tyranny and kicking the crap out'f the most powerfull nation on EARTH.

4 ~ Crossed Rifles or Swords against a BackDrop of the American Flag: A Reminder that Freedom is Never Free, that the Price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance...And that the Tree of Freedom must periodically be fed with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

5 ~ Or a 1775 era Yankee Patriot Rebel, with smoking rifle in hand, against an American Flag BackDrop, fresh from slaughtering the British at North Bridge in Concord...or at Bunker Hill.

hey..things could be worse...much much worse...

Screen-Shot-2012-04-17-at-16h36.18-.png

1 ~ The American Flag ~ 13 Stars Version, to honor The Revolution.

2 ~ The American Flag ~ 50 Stars Version.

3 ~ Crossed Rifles or Crossed Swords ~ in honor of the The Revolutionary War that New EngLand started all alone, single-handedly rising against Tyranny and kicking the crap out'f the most powerfull nation on EARTH.

4 ~ Crossed Rifles or Swords against a BackDrop of the American Flag: A Reminder that Freedom is Never Free, that the Price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance...And that the Tree of Freedom must periodically be fed with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

5 ~ Or a 1775 era Yankee Patriot Rebel, with smoking rifle in hand, against an American Flag BackDrop, fresh from slaughtering the British at North Bridge in Concord...or at Bunker Hill.
.... And of course the famous "Don't tread on me" flag.....especially in hears we have a strong defense. ;)

These unis represent greatness and everybody else can suck it.

I wish they'd go back to the Reebok design.

I think ours look fine. But some teams* Nike gave 'em like a fake lapel. It looks ridiculous. And as much as I hate the Jets. The league has to show them some mercy, and not make them wear those Nike unis. They have like random patches of different fabrics and when they get sweaty they look like they're wearing a dirty quilt. The NFL is going to see official jersey sales from most teams plummet.

*I don't think our unis have the "lapels".

Last edited:
Flyers uniform #1? plz biach. bad taste alert.

I'm thinking something like this, with a silver helmet and pants would look really sharp.

NewEnglandPatsNike3-e1333392710367.jpg

Just stop it. :bricks:

I call bs. Whoever voted in this, voted against the Pats just because of who they are. I happen to think our Uni's are the best in football. :rocker:

OK, first, they could wear pink tutus for all I care as long as opponents get brown patch in their pants on seeing them.

Second, I read a few idiots pining for the Pat Patriot logo. The 2-14 twice logo; the 1-15 logo; the picture of the guy taking a dump. Do I need to go on?

(Yes, I know some idiot will bring up 1976, and 1985. However you make a list of above .500 seasons while I make a longer list of sub .500 seasons.)

And red - any color BUT red. (No, not "Chartreuse" or "Mauve" or Crimson, or any red.) The bad guys in the history they call back to wore red.

Sure, Elvis with his head caught in a Puerto Rican flag has nothing to do with it either, but the minuteman was taken and at least it isn't a red coat taking a dump.

Lets make it simple. White jersey....bullseye on the back. Lets be honest....thats all opponents see when they play the Pats

That whole list is ridiculous. The Minnesota Wild have a better jersey than the Bruins? Seriously? That mess with the stupid logo? The Canucks, a team that is notoriously killed for their terrible jerseys, have the 29th best jersey in sports? Come on. The Seahawks 27th?

Last edited:
I think the Pat's uniforms are actually pretty nice. If anything a redesign of the logo would be nice. I've never loved the Flying Elvis but I don't want to go back to Pat Patriot either.

I think the rest of the AFC East all have awful uniforms.

OK, first, they could wear pink tutus for all I care as long as opponents get brown patch in their pants on seeing them.

Second, I read a few idiots pining for the Pat Patriot logo. The 2-14 twice logo; the 1-15 logo; the picture of the guy taking a dump. Do I need to go on?

(Yes, I know some idiot will bring up 1976, and 1985. However you make a list of above .500 seasons while I make a longer list of sub .500 seasons.)

And red - any color BUT red. (No, not "Chartreuse" or "Mauve" or Crimson, or any red.) The bad guys in the history they call back to wore red.

Sure, Elvis with his head caught in a Puerto Rican flag has nothing to do with it either, but the minuteman was taken and at least it isn't a red coat taking a dump.

You do know that a number of the Colonial units also wore red coats, right? Most of the Hessians wore Blue coats. The term "uniform" back then wasn't quite how we use it today. :D

LOL - worst uniforms = best team for this poll.

I couldn't disagree more with this article. I love the Pats current uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes