PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com: Pats uniforms worst out of all 4 major sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Two Cents...

1 ~ I think the current design is very cool. I hated the old design, and it was such a tremendous relief for me when we finally brought some coolness to the look.

2 ~ I detest the Flying Elvis. What in God's name were they thinking of when they came up with that?? :confused: What the hell is that supposed to be, for God's sake??? :rolleyes: Whatever it is, it sucks. :snob:

3 ~ On the other hand, I really disliked the Pat Patriot bit. I apologize if that offends anyone, but don't misunderstand: I applaud the attempt to draw immediate attention to our Revolutionary, Insurrectionist History. I LOVE it!! But having the guy bent over?? Yes, I know that he's a Center, of course, but why not choose a LineBacker on the attack?? Isn't the idea to strike fear into the enemy?? What a GOD awful choice that was: The "miniature bent over guy". GAH.
icon_mad.gif

I think that this look would be extremely cool:

And I'd like to replace Elvis with any of these:

1 ~ The American Flag ~ 13 Stars Version, to honor The Revolution.

2 ~ The American Flag ~ 50 Stars Version.

3 ~ Crossed Rifles or Crossed Swords ~ in honor of the The Revolutionary War that New EngLand started all alone, single-handedly rising against Tyranny and kicking the crap out'f the most powerfull nation on EARTH.

4 ~ Crossed Rifles or Swords against a BackDrop of the American Flag: A Reminder that Freedom is Never Free, that the Price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance...And that the Tree of Freedom must periodically be fed with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

5 ~ Or a 1775 era Yankee Patriot Rebel, with smoking rifle in hand, against an American Flag BackDrop, fresh from slaughtering the British at North Bridge in Concord...or at Bunker Hill.

Grid, I think the Elvis is supposed to be a combination of a Minuteman and the American flag.

Minuteman_02_C.gif

I LOVE the flying Elvis, my only gripe is that we dont have a proper red uniform. Red is the color of the Patriots, and while our new unis are a major upgrade to those in the past I think we should have a red counterpart.

3776.jpg

This would be my base, the biggest changes I'd make would be to change the silver to bright white, then put a blue stripe in the shoulder area like in the old days.

vintagepatriots.gif

Then I'd have a white helmet with the Elvis on the side and a Red stripe going down the middle border by thin blue line on the outside.

Last edited:
That list is a joke...

anyways, I don't get all the love for the old unis... they're RED... the Patriots being red is like the the red sox wearing pinstripes... its the look of our ENEMY!

That list is a joke...

anyways, I don't get all the love for the old unis... they're RED... the Patriots being red is like the the red sox wearing pinstripes... its the look of our ENEMY!

That's the point! You take what your enemy does and then do it bigger and better, making it your own. It's the perfect insult:D

No no no no no that award belongs to those awful new seahawk jerseys. The only thing worse is sports is whatever of the 342 combinations the oregon ducks decide to run with on said weekend.

I honestly think we have the best uniforms in the NFL...Flying Elvis for life.
I love the throwbacks but would never want them to go back to them full time. I like them a couple times a season.
Go Pats!

I like how the throwbacks look on TV.

The current uniforms are great, the Flying Elvis is great. The unis just too much like the Bills and the Texans. The Pats need a new look. Not exactly futuristic, nor something old and simple. But something intimidating... like the Eagles and Raiders uniforms. Maybe a darker navy or black should be added into the uniform.

But something intimidating... like the Eagles and Raiders uniforms. Maybe a darker navy or black should be added into the uniform.

Please...put the keyboard down and back away from the computer......that is all ths league needs....another darker, or black based uniform.....that would make me long for the Parcell's based puke blue, kinda red outlined mess they had back then....no.....just no....

Last edited by a moderator:
List was put together by noted Pats hater dave dameshek. Nothing to see here.

Personally I love our unis! Both old-school & current :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back