PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These judges need to overturn Berman, so far they haven't gone after any of his rulings.

It doesn't go back to Berman first?

It could. It depends on how the Second Circuit decides. They could remand to Berman for further proceedings. They could decide the case without doing so. I do recall, however, that Berman structured his decision in such a way that he didn't reach all of the issues before him. In that way, it seems most likely that if the Second Circuit were to rule in the NFL's favor, remand to Berman is most likely (so he could decide the other issues).

It goes back to Berman in some form

Probably, unless this court decides to not only reverse Berman, but also decide on the other issues in favor of the NFL.

Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 47s47 seconds ago

TAKEAWAY: Two of the three judges (Parker and Chin) appeared to favor NFL. That's all you need to win. BUT, it's always hard to predict.

But he also missed the fact that the NFL has to have every count over turned. If they uphold one of Berman's decisions and overturns the rest, Brady still wins.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
@maxlaw360 says Parker and chin seem in favor of NFL (but not certain)

The most conspicuous tweet from the hearing was the one where Judge Chin said the evidence for anthropogenic ball-deflation was "overwhelming".

On the surface, definitely not a good omen, but then again, this and the other twitter snippets were taken out of context.

The mosaic will not be fully understood until the transcripts are released.

Great if a actual lawyer feels this way I can only imagine what Lester Munson will come up with.:rolleyes:

He's a court reporter, not a lawyer.

But he also missed the fact that the NFL has to have every count over turned. If they uphold one of Berman's decisions and overturns the rest, Brady still wins.
What were the decisions Berman used? Can't remember.

The most conspicuous tweet from the hearing was the one where Judge Chin said the evidence for anthropogenic ball-deflation was "overwhelming".

On the surface, definitely not a good omen, but then again, this and the other twitter snippets were taken out of context.

That's not what he said. He said compelling.

Great if a actual lawyer feels this way I can only imagine what Lester Munson will come up with.:rolleyes:

I don't believe Max Stendahl is a lawyer. He is a journalist for Law360, a popular legal news site. It's especially popular with large Wall Street, corporate firms (e.g., would be in tighter with the NFL).

Probably, unless this court decides to not only reverse Berman, but also decide on the other issues in favor of the NFL.

Maybe the only benefit of Trump being PoUS. He'll put a judge in SCOTUS to help TB12 . :p

Berman only decided on the first issue, and declared the other three "moot"—since Brady only needed to prevail on one issue.

If they reverse Berman on this, they could send it down to him to decide on the other three, or they could decide it themselves.

That's not what he said. He said compelling.

Thanks. I thought it may have been one or the other and was too lazy to go back and look at the precise syntax. My bad.

Edit: Just peeped where he said: "compelling, if not overwhelming"

I take back my apology. :p

Even if that were the case, that's not what they are ruling on. They are all working from a presumption of guilt. So did Berman btw.

Gee wiz just catching up on this and reading all the posts and it's clear that the Honorable Judge Chin has been watching too much ESPN and hanging out with Ted Wells.

Yeah, those legal briefs and records are long and boring. :mad: TV people say Brady guilty. That's good enough. Go Jets! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes