PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they grilled both sides. Nothing too surprising.

Berman was equally as tough on Kessler in the first go-around.

Doesn't mean anything.

Crap...NFL just presented their rebuttal. We're screwed. Here's the live look in.

I don't like this one bit. What happens if he loses ? Can he re- appeal ? This whole issue is such a farce !!

They may send the case back to Berman. To appeal further he would have to go to the entire 2d circuit which likely won't take the case. Only other option is Scotus which has enough in its plate right now with scalia's death.

Gee wiz just catching up on this and reading all the posts and it's clear that the Honorable Judge Chin has been watching too much ESPN and hanging out with Ted Wells.

@maxlaw360 says Parker and chin seem in favor of NFL (but not certain)

no need to get dander up...blah blah.......it goes back to a near original point in the proceeding .... Parker questioning whether ball inflation provides an advantage.

I think that based along those lines, the argument does not get past the fact that there is no evidence that ball inflation is an advantage.

Who were the idiots that said they would not be arguing this ****?

If they win what happens next?

Probably at the very least Brady looks for a stay of suspension.

I don't think they will win though.

Probably at the very least Brady looks for a stay of suspension.

I don't think they will win though.
It doesn't go back to Berman first?

They may send the case back to Berman. To appeal further he would have to go to the entire 2d circuit which likely won't take the case. Only other option is Scotus which has enough in its plate right now with scalia's death.

SCOTUS wouldn't take this case regardless. Whoever loses here, especially if it is a 2-1 decision, will likely seek a rehearing en banc before the full panel of Second Circuit judges.

If the NFL wins CBAs are 100% useless. Unions should be furious if the NFL wins.
Just had the same thought myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore