PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done law school in a month and have an appeal from a tribunal I'll be dealing with on my own within a week of that. Lol, thanks for the confidence boost!

But I have to say I've really appreciated your insight throughout this thread, as you'll note I've agreed with a number of your posts.

Best of luck to you, my brethren of the bar! I grouse a lot about the profession but it has been good to me and it can be rewarding.

The best advice I can give a recent law school grad is try to realize there is quite a bit you have left to learn. The wisest approach is to keep your mouth shut and ears open.

Obviously, a very political post. I will just say that I think you are selling the overwhelming majority of fed judges and fed clerks well short. State court, well, that's another matter entirely.

I agree, federal court is much more professional than state and the judges tend to be a little smarter. They also can be much more arrogant and have egos the size of Jupiter.

I have had positive experiences before some NY Federal Judges and I thought Berman did a fine job in deciding the matter.

The CA2 panel sounded a bit rough so I have concerns.

As for politics, I take solace in my observation that judges appointed by Democrats seem to consistently rule in accordance with liberal politics. Republican appointees don't (See e.g. Justice Kennedy who provided the majority vote in the Obergefell decision and Justice Roberts who voted in favor of Obamacare). If I recall correctly, all three Judges were Dem appointees (I think Bush promoted 1 to CA2) so let's hope they go pro-labor here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back