PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL announces deal with Walsh; Goodell meeting set for May 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamestown is closer to (insert Rat excuse here)....

He worked for YOUR Rats, bpeter....stop being a completely disingenuous excuse maker...if that's possible for a Rats fan

finally, it comes to the end. I'm interested in knowing what Walsh has to say.

If you think this is the you end you are going to be sorerly mistaken. This has been orchestrated by Goodell to keep on going. Does anybody with a brain think it is a coincidence that the agreement comes up now right before the draft. The only way this stops is when Goodell is fired.

I STILL don't understand why an INDEPENDENT arbitrator hasn't been called in to oversee this whole Ratdell created mess...seems like letting him preside over this is like letting the fox guard the henhouse.

he did actually move to LI when he was in high school, so my post was off...see how easy it is to say you were wrong??

and i'm not a jets fan, sorry...

The following tells us all we need to know about this agreement, the guy has nothing but his perception of what happened:

The indemnification commitment Walsh receives in paragraph 3(a) applies even if there is “alleged untruthfulness” in Walsh’s disclosures to the NFL, unless there is “intentional untruthfulness.”

oh, goody...then you have NO PROBLEM with Ratdell being a FORMER EMPLOYEE of the NY Rats either then...couldn't possibly be any bias...naw...I got it, let's all get out our Rebecca From Sunnybrook Farm reader and tra la la our way through all this as the squeaky clean Ratdell sits in judgement of a franchise DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSED to his FORMER EMPLOYERS.....

remain_calm.jpg

Guess who else is a former Jets employee... Bill Belichick. Oh my god, that makes perfect sense! He broke the rule ON PURPOSE to screw the Patriots because he's a former JET! CONSPIRACY!

Why do I get the feeling that after all this hooplah and hype, this interview will be very anti-climatic and will just fizzle out.....

Re: PFT/Peter King: Walsh deal could come as soon as today (4/22)

It all means nothing until he talks. That's when I'll wake from my coma.

There won't be much truth coming from Matt Walsh. He can lie thru his

teeth and the Patriots and the NFL will pay any legal fees that result from

any actions taken due to perjured testimony. I hope Bill Belichick has hired

a top notch lawyer to refute Walsh's testimony in criminal court.

This is exactly the kind of situation Goodell had in mind when he wanted to

punish teams without positive proof. I'm surprised Bob Kraft signed off

on this deal.

I would put this in a new thread if I could,

but I was wondering if anyone else has read the agreement.

As I understand it it seems to allow Walsh to knowingly lie, and still be indemnified from any resulting lawsuits.

This is because the agreement indemnifies him from any "alledged untruthfulness" unless its intentionally untruthful. But then it says he will nonetheless be indemnified even if he breaches the agreement. Thus, as the agreement requires him to provide information "in good faith," presumably he could provide info in bad faith and be indemnified

Obviously, this bothers me. Did anyone else read the agreement the same way? Maybe my reading of it is incorrect

As I understand it it seems to allow Walsh to knowingly lie, and still be indemnified from any resulting lawsuits.

This is because the agreement indemnifies him from any "alledged untruthfulness" unless its intentionally untruthful. But then it says he will nonetheless be indemnified even if he breaches the agreement. Thus, as the agreement requires him to provide information "in good faith," presumably he could provide info in bad faith and be indemnified

Obviously, this bothers me. Did anyone else read the agreement the same way? Maybe my reading of it is incorrect

It's been talked about in the thread, and PFT has been doing analysis of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Specter's office is now saying that they'll be meeting with Walsh "at a later date."

...Which means that Walsh can kiss up to Specter for getting that big D.C. lawyer for him.

Last edited:
Why isn't anyone in the media asking how a guy who has to sign an agreement to not get prosecuted for property he stole could possibly be credible?

Why isn't anyone in the media asking how a guy who has to sign an agreement to not get prosecuted for property he stole could possibly be credible?
because everybody sucks.

This is exactly why i don't like talking to people.

because everybody sucks.

Wow, I feel the same exact way. Hope we never meet.:singing:

I pointed that out earlier in this thread:

BPF said:
The following tells us all we need to know about this agreement, Walsh has nothing but his perception of what happened: The indemnification commitment Walsh receives in paragraph 3(a) applies even if there is “alleged untruthfulness” in Walsh’s disclosures to the NFL, unless there is “intentional untruthfulness."

Here is the Pats' statement regarding this deal:

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=31734&pcid=47&rss=1

"The New England Patriots are pleased to learn that Matt Walsh is finally willing to come forward to meet with the NFL. We are eagerly anticipating his honest disclosures to Commissioner Goodell next month and the return of all the materials he took during his time of employment. We fully expect this meeting to conclude the league’s investigation into a damaging and false allegation that was originally levied against the team on the day before this year’s Super Bowl.

It is important to note that there has never been a confidentiality agreement restricting Matt Walsh and no legal protections were ever necessary for him to speak to the NFL, to media outlets or to anyone else regarding his employment with the Patriots. He demanded to be released from responsibility for his statements, and after a frustrating and lengthy negotiation period, a settlement has finally been reached. Walsh has been granted a significant number of privileges through this agreement, none of which the Patriots or the NFL were obligated to give.

At all times, we cooperated fully with the league’s investigation and stand by our initial public statement from Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008: “The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams’ walkthrough on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002 is absolutely false.”

The Patriots’ organizational focus at this time is on the NFL Draft and preparing for what we hope will be an exciting 2008 season. We will have no further comments regarding Matt Walsh at this time."

The Patriots don't seem worried at all and neither am I.

Last edited by a moderator:
because everybody sucks.

I'm with you there brother. That's why I keep my personal interactions strictly between other members of the United Federation of Planets. :D

expendability_star_trek.jpg

Last edited:
Walsh meeting a formality

its obvious the league played hardball with walsh, he has tarnished the league and the patriots, with cheap talk, the league called him on it , he has no goods, if you listen to the pats and the goodel statements they both said this will close the matter, they have to know what he has by now .which is nothing, walsh opened his big mouth and got himself in trouble , now he has to get his self out of the mess he created this is what all this is about, otherwise this deal would of been done long ago, it was about protecting walsh and the damage hes done. this all goes away may 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes