PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship Game: Packers at Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way our defense can stop their offense dude, and I'm not sure our offense can score on that defense. Woodson/Williams will take Hernandez/Welker and Branch out of the game, Shields will take Tate out and BJ Raji would man handle Koppen.
Have some faith man

The Bears have had opportunities, they just have a ****** playing QB for them.

I hope Brady's watching Rodgers as he actually runs when the lane is open. Brady needs to get back to doing that on occasion.

Tom looks painfully slow over the past couple years. Don't you think Brady is more likely to get killed than the more athletic Rodgers? It seems like by the time TB gets himself moving forward, the D will have time to line him up.

No way our defense can stop their offense dude, and I'm not sure our offense can score on that defense. Woodson/Williams will take Hernandez/Welker and Branch out of the game, Shields will take Tate out and BJ Raji would man handle Koppen.

What a difference a few weeks makes..

Tom looks painfully slow over the past couple years. Don't you think Brady is more likely to get killed than the more athletic Rodgers? It seems like by the time TB gets himself moving forward, scientists will cure cancer and reverse global warming

I adjusted your posts to be more accurate.

ive always thought AR would be a future hall of famer, and possibly one of the great quarterbacks of all time. Kid has the tools to be insanely good.. Too bad brady cant run like that

14-0 Packers and the crowd in Chicago sounds like the crowd at Gillette last week... dead silent. You can hear a gnat fart in that stadium. Green Bay's defense has been disgustingly good throughout the playoffs.

Watdching this game, I am feeling worse about Koppen as a starter. Raji isn't manhandling the QB like he did against the Pats eariler this year.

Watdching this game, I am feeling worse about Koppen as a starter. Raji isn't manhandling the QB like he did against the Pats eariler this year.

We need to get our next RG first then worry about center. But center should be taken care of this offseason.

We need to get our next RG first then worry about center. But center should be taken care of this offseason.

Agreed...need some new beef on the OL and a legit pass rusher this offseason.

14-0 Packers and the crowd in Chicago sounds like the crowd at Gillette last week... dead silent. You can hear a gnat fart in that stadium. Green Bay's defense has been disgustingly good throughout the playoffs.

Did anybody else notice that the "Gillette Horn" wasn't used a lot last week? All season it seemed to get the crowd going when needed.

Did anybody else notice that the "Gillette Horn" wasn't used a lot last week? All season it seemed to get the crowd going when needed.

Not last week, though. Although I keep getting told by people who claimed to be at the game how loud it was, it certainly didn't translate over the television. Hell, I could clearly hear Sanchez hiking the ball... and this was when the crowd was supposedly "roaring".

So the guy who is DC of Green Bay was only good enough to be a DB coach here in NE and then let go after the season? By the way who is drafting players in GBay I want him here. Big rangy players that are playmakers in the dbackfield..

So the guy who is DC of Green Bay was only good enough to be a DB coach here in NE and then let go after the season? By the way who is drafting players in GBay I want him here. Big rangy players that are playmakers in the dbackfield..

Why would you want to completely change things around when we led the league in turnover ratio this year in spite of the deficiencies back there. No, what we need is to stick with what we have and draft a DE that can be a presence against the rush and the pass (like Seymour was) and an OLB that can set the edge and apply pressure to the QB. I'm not sure why we would need Ted Thompson in order to accomplish that.

Call it a hunch but I don't think koppen is going anywhere. I think they will focus on extending light, a quality RG and hopefully mankins. If koppen is not going to be the starting center for 2011 I don't think his replacement is coming via NFL draft.

I am still amazed Capers did not stay longer here...was it BB letting him go (I know the Pats don't pay a lot to assistants/coordinators) or him leaving on his own?

Last edited:
Tom looks painfully slow over the past couple years. Don't you think Brady is more likely to get killed than the more athletic Rodgers? It seems like by the time TB gets himself moving forward, the D will have time to line him up.

It's not about picking up 20 yard gains. It's about getting 3-4 yards and an occasional first down to force the defenders to at least think about the idea that he might take off.

man, this kids making all the passes....

3 things that come to mind about this GB offense:

1. Their #12 looks alot like our #12 - in command, decisive, and excruciatingly accurate.

2. Their receivers just look faster than the defense. They can take the short stuff long and definitely have the speed to take the top off the defense.

3. They are as good an offense as their is in the NFL...maybe not better than us, but equal.

what a waste..couldve been over if they had scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe