PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship Game: Packers at Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole James Starks thing confuses me. If guys like that are available in the sixth round, then I don't think I would ever spend a first-day pick on a RB.

not that good rbs can't be found late (terrel davis comes to mind)

but as for starks in GB, he may be a flash in the pan ala another packer rb was...samkon gado

pats didn't beat rodgers, they barely beat a GB backup really

so they didn't 'handle' gb easily at all

James Starks also hadn't come out of nowhere yet. Pats probably would have lost to this Packers team.

Arian Foster should confuse you even more. The guy went undrafted.

so did james harrison and antonio gates

marques colston wr drafted round 7

it happens all the time

asante samuel was what? 4th or 5th rounder?

This whole James Starks thing confuses me. If guys like that are available in the sixth round, then I don't think I would ever spend a first-day pick on a RB.

I want someone to find a RB that was injured his whole senior season thats talented. Thats how Starks fell. (Playing at Buffalo U doesnt help your stock either)

not that good rbs can't be found late (terrel davis comes to mind)

but as for starks in GB, he may be a flash in the pan ala another packer rb was...samkon gado

Fair point, but even in Gado's rookie year I wasn't really impressed with him. He got a lot of carries, pretty much out of necessity.

James Starks also hadn't come out of nowhere yet. Pats probably would have lost to this Packers team.

Gado, Grant, Starks... nothing impressive about any of them. In the post Ahman Green era, Green Bay gets runners who fit their system for a bit, but those runners get beat to hell and have short careers.

Bears shouldn't get too pass-happy after the big completion to Knox.

you also have to remember, the nfl draft used to be what? 13 rounds?

wasn't keenan mccardell a 12th rounder or something?

there's alot of talent that can play that goes undrafted

Arian Foster should confuse you even more. The guy went undrafted.

It does, but that's exactly the point: any one instance of this is expected. Brady lasted to round six, etc. etc. But it happens semi-regularly with RBs, by comparison.

I want someone to find a RB that was injured his whole senior season thats talented. Thats how Starks fell. (Playing at Buffalo U doesnt help your stock either)

that's how the raiders got michael bush in the 3rd or 4th round

he got hurt

he would have been a top 10 1st rounder

That's the 3rd or 4th time the ball has sailed on Cutler.

Gado, Grant, Starks... nothing impressive about any of them. In the post Ahman Green era, Green Bay gets runners who fit their system for a bit, but those runners get beat to hell and have short careers.

Ryan Grant is awfully talented, I definitely wouldn't include him in a list with Samkon Gado. 3,500 yards in 3 seasons isn't an accident.

Isn't that what happened with Curtis Martin (almost)? I believe he only played a couple of games his senior year.

That's the 3rd or 4th time the ball has sailed on Cutler.

cutler is not a guy who should be allowed to pass alot

and it's uncanny how when the pbp guys start to talk up cutler, he'll throw an int lol

Ryan Grant is awfully talented, I definitely wouldn't include him in a list with Samkon Gado. 3,500 yards in 3 seasons isn't an accident.

Grant's another Mike Anderson/Tatum Bell/Ruben Droughns/Olandis Gary. He's got some skill, but he's more a product of his running style happening to fit the team he's on.

Of course, that's just my $.02.

Last edited:
that's how the raiders got michael bush in the 3rd or 4th round

he got hurt

he would have been a top 10 1st rounder

Might as well get a friendly cheapshot in.

Ryan Matthews/trade up to #12.

Legarrete Blount/Punches a guy, goes undrafted, leads rookies in rushing yards with 1000. Next stud back.

Hehehe :D

Mistake not to let Gould try that 49-50 yard FG.

I don't understand what Bears fans see in Cutler. I am constantly arguing with them and they think he's just a few good throws away from being a top 5 QB in the league.

I'm not even sure I'd put him in the top 20

Anybody else think that a TD here by the Packers would make it game over? Can't see the Bears coming back from 21-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft