PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next up: The San Diego Superfrauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know that the final 3 dolphins drives got them 220 yards right..when the pats were in prevent and brady was mopping the floor with them? Na you couldn't know that

When it was 31-17[/QUOTE

Take a shot a Philip all you want, since he began his career on 2006 the last time i checked him and Brady have 0 super bowl.

Who's taking a shot at Rivers? He's a good QB...and last time i checked..Brady has 3 in his career and Rivers has 0..see what i did there?

I like out D's chance against SD this week..they are going to buckle down..people don't realize that what 150 of Hennes yards came in last 2 drives or something like that when pats were in prevent and not playing with the pep the did earlier in the game

Just gotta stop Gates and VJ and your fine

From the chargers forum

I am getting some good laughs:

"Throw Bob on Welker.. that eliminates one of their biggest weapons..
Jammer on Ocho.. I'll take that.
Cason on Branch.. I'll take that too.
Hernandez will need to be made priority.
Phillips has his side locked down..
Brady won't scratch 300 on this defense.
Bank on it."

Saying "we're all set against the Pats as long as they don't throw to Gronk or Hernandez" is one of the more pointless statements I've ever read.

Last edited:
At this point we're not too concerned with the loss of Castillo. Depth, however, is now a concern. Castillo's a very solid player, but DE happens to be the one position on the field where we have a backup who legitimately could be better. Vaughn Martin was our 4th round pick in '09 and was drafted as a freakish physical talent who needed development time, and this preseason he showed that he's becoming what we drafted him to be. I'd prefer that his first NFL start NOT come against the Pats, but what can ya do?

Your offense worries me. I still remember the game the Bolts played against you guys (regular season) in '07, and your offense kind of has that look again.

The also just came off a game where the defense really only had to control the run and pressure the QB. They'll be asked to do much more this week, and it will be a test to see if Manusky is ready for it. These are the kind of games where I really wish we had brought Wade Phillips back.

IMO the only real chance we have is to get into a shootout and make just enough plays on defense to win that battle. A 38-31 type game is what I expect.

That being said, watch it be a 16-13 slogfest.

How well do the Chargers typically do with covering tight ends? I don't recall them being exceptionally good or bad at it, but if that's a weakness the Pat will exploit the hell out of it. The Chargers' CBs match up well against our WRs, though, so I'm definitely interested to see how this will go.

Defensively, I have no idea what we're going to do with Gates. The Pats get exploited by good tight ends, and Gates is more than just a good tight end. Also worried about Vincent Jackson, since Dowling matches up well with him physically (but is a rookie) and McCourty seems to struggle a bit with bigger WRs (who doesn't?)

Last edited:
Hey, HEY, before some people get carried away.... I can't remember when the Dolts didn't give the Pats a tough game. In the end they LOSE, but they still play tough.

Last edited:
If Guyton lines up on Gates the defense is in for a world of hurt. Given the performance of Brandon Marshall on the weekend Vincent Jackson could be in for a decent weekend.

The Vikings played the Bolts well and McNabb went full ****** on them for 39 passing yards. The Pats should be able to handle the Chargers D.

Last edited:
i like our chances vs your D

i just hope tfb doesn't throw for 500 on us :D

Chargers offense vs Patriots Defense

Ok. The Pats defense gave up 200+ yards and a td in what was, essentially, garbage time.

The D-line rotation of Wilfork, Haynesworth, Pryor, Love at DT with Wright, Carter, Anderson, and Ninkovich at DE was very good except on containment of the QB. However, Rivers is extremely immobile in comparison to Chad Henne. The Pats LBers are led by Mayo. Fletcher, Guyton, Ninkovich, and Edds round out the rotation unless Spikes also returns. If he does, I expect Guyton to be inactive.

They'll be facing a veteran San Diego line that is returning all it's primary starters from last year. Howver, San Diego seemed to have trouble with Minnesota's D-line and it's safe to say that the Pat's D-line looks to be significantly better.

The Chargers Running game hasn't really gotten on track. Matthews hasn't lived up to his billing. Mike Tolbert, though, is an excellent short-yardage back and Jacob Hester is an adequate lead blocker, though not in the Vontae Leach class.

The Chargers have 3 very good WRs in Jackson, Floyd, and Crayton. They also have a great TE in Gates. Randy McMichael is still capable of hauling in some passes. They'll face a revamps Pats secondary consisting of McCourty, Dowling, Bodden, Chung, Arrington, Brown and Barrett. There is speculation that a veteran safety (Will Allen or Darren Sharper) could be added, but I doubt it.

Pats offense vs. the San Diego Defense

Tom Brady just put on a clinic against the Miami Dolphins. Brady was 32 for 48 for 517 yards against one of the better secondary's in the league. Heck, it's arguable that Miami, which was a top 5 defense last year, actually improved and they couldn't contain Brady despite having 2 top 10 corners. San Diego has an excellent secondary that is led by Eric Weddle. He's joined back there by perenially injured Bob Sanders, Quentin Jammer and Antoine Cason. But the story is never about the top 4 DBs. It's about that 5th and 6th DB.

The Chargers LBs are a mixed bag. On one side, they have pass rushing extraordinaire Shaun Phillips and on the other side they have Travis LaBoy, who was good in the 4-3, but mediocre in the 3-4 when it was used in Arizona. The Chargers have cagey veteran Takeo Spikes inside with young Donald Butler being paired with them. I just don't see anyone who can come close to matching up with Hernandez or Gronkowski in the LB corp. That will force San Diego to use a Safety to cover them and I'm not sure they can bring Hernandez or Gronkowski down after the catch.

The Chargers D-line took a huge hit with the loss of Luis Castillo. Antonio Garay is an unheralded NT who excelled in his 1st year starting. Dan Connolly, Brian Waters and Logan Mankins will have their hands full there. Jacques Cesaire is to the Chargers what Ty Warren was to the Pats for a long time. An excellent, run-dtuffing DE. The Pats O-line will have to work extra hard to open up holes for BJGE and Woodhead.

Danny Woodhead and Julian Edelman will be x-factors for the Pats. The Pats use Woodhead in so many different ways and it's nearly impossible to find him behind the O-line once he gets the ball.

I think that this will be a good game, but the lack of experience among the depth of the Chargers will give the Pats the advantage..

After I went through all of the trouble to compliment the SD fans who are typically here, like the well-respected jcdavey, and another bolt fan from last night's game thread, along comes matthews and just ruins it for everybody.

I hope you're happy fella! :p

i wrote there rivers started his career 2006. Am I talking to a 5 years old. say it aint so.

Brady has played 4 years in that time, and 2 of them were MVP seasons that were among the best ever. Rivers is a hell of a QB, but I have no idea what point you're trying to make. If you're really saying that the Lombardi is all that matters, then what does that say about the Chargers franchise?

it doesnt matter. All I was saying was the Pats fans talk and brag like they already won the game against the chargers and the Pats will kill Rivers and your D will absolutely shut down the No.1 offense in the league last year. Superfrauds and all that. With Super Brady and the Great Bellichick and all your weapons and supposedly great Drafts and great Defense and with Moss in between, when was the last time this great Dynasty have won the Super Bowl? just saying don't belittle some organizations, karma will bite you sometimes. Take a shot a Philip all you want, since he began his career on 2006 the last time i checked him and Brady have 0 super bowl.

Dude. You are talking out your arse. First of all, the Chargers were the #1 offense based on YARDS. Not based on the stat that matters. You know.. POINTS.. The Pats were #1 in points with 518. The Chargers were next with 441. Think about that.

Rivers career began in 2004, not 2006. He took 8 snaps that season. Since that time, the Pats have been to 2 SBs and won 1 of them.

I suggest that, instead of getting your panties in a wad because an opposing teams' message board has something that you don't like, you man up and just admit that your team hasn't exactly accomplished much in that time.

Last edited:
you're an idiot. be classy once in a while don't you. you hate the arrogance of the jets but look at yourself in the mirror and see the same arrogant fans whose organization haven't won a thing since the exposure of spygate. Karma i tell yah, karma. lol

You know how you can tell a loser? He has to bring up Spygate. All "spygate" did was catch the Pats filming from an unauthorized position. Something that had happened to other teams, including the Jets previously. And you really don't want to get people started about Karma after the garbage that the Chargers coach pulled on the Pats way back when.

Do yourself a favor. Shut your trap unless you are actually going to talk football.

i wrote there rivers started his career 2006. Am I talking to a 5 years old. say it aint so.

Except that you are wrong. Rivers started his career in 2004. You are the person that people are trying to educate..

Except that you are wrong. Rivers started his career in 2004. You are the person that people are trying to educate..

He has no idea what he is talking about...this proves my point..he doesn't even know when he came in the league LOL

i wrote there rivers started his career 2006. ( Wrong, 2004) Am I talking to a 5 years old. say it aint so.

Hi, I'm older than 5 and speaking of 5 since you mentioned it, in Brady's 1st 5 years he won 3 Lombardi Trophys. How'd Rivers do in 5 years +?

Last edited:
Is Bob Sanders still healthy?

matthews1733 is taking a time out on this thread. No sense responding to him because he won't be able to reply.

Maybe on another thread he will be more willing to stop with the name calling and acting like a troll. Or, it will be short week her on patsfans for him.

i like our chances vs your D

i just hope tfb doesn't throw for 500 on us :D

What a coincidence. I like the chances for our D this week too. :cool:

Rivers is a good QB, but he's a immobile pocket guy. Our D line will eat that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft