PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next up: The San Diego Superfrauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at in isolation, it's an excellent record. Looked at in context of the talent he's been supplied with and the sad-sack division he's been playing in, it looks a heck of a lot less impressive.

Good point.

They get the lowly Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos twice a year.

definitely mistake prone

we had a shot to win or tie that game late despite all those turnovers

that gives me hope that we can beat NE, if we cut down on the mistakes

every once in a while it happens lol

The turnover fairytale last year is interesting.

First fumble was on a tackle deep in SD territory on what would have been a 4th down.

Second turnover was stupid.

The third turnover (Hester) was stupid but on a drive that was only extended by a Patriots 12 guys penalty.

The fourth turnover was 3rd 10 and the McCourty INT was as good as a punt.

The only thing that made the game competitive was the onside kick recovery.

it's called hydrocephalus, or, water on the brain. it's a kind of chicken and egg thing. do the san diego teams suck beccause every one's at the beach so no one notices, or, is every one at the beach because the teams suck and there's nothing else to do.

In general, people don't care about sports as much out here (I live in LA now, but used to live in south Orange County: chargers territory). The locals would argue that, and would point to the Lakers/USC/UCLA, but only because they haven't seen Boston/New York sports fandom first hand. I wouldn't label it a bad thing, just a different set of priorities. There's also way more stuff to do during the winter months, which I'm sure is a big part of it.

As for Norv Turner, I've never liked him as a coach, so I might be biased here. Personally, I see him the same way that I see Wade Phillips: a brilliant coordinator who makes the mistake of being a "players' coach", and therefore can't create a culture of accountability and discipline for his team. Guys like that can benefit for a year or two of they follow a disciplinarian coach (Schottenheimer, Parcells), but you can subsequently watch them get sloppier, year by year, and then eventually the team hits some adversity and quits on him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if what happened in Dallas last year happens in San Diego this year, and as someone who actually likes Rivers, it's a shame. He's an elite QB, and they're wasting some of his prime years with stupid mistakes and just about the worst special teams I've ever seen. As a Pats fan, though, I hope Turner doesn't get fired, because if they went and replaced him with Cowher or Gruden, that team would be scary within a year.

Last edited:
wow...you're quite ******ed lol

Nah, he's just a massive, unapologetic homer who particularly detests the Chargers. It happens.

Personally, I don't see Brady going for 500 and 4 TD's against your defense, but I think our defense should put up a better showing than they did against the Dolphins. Our D-Line, particularly Haynesworth, was crashing Miami's O-Line and disrupting the running game. We should be able to shut down San Diego's running game and force them to throw more often. With game day experience behind them, I expect to see less busted coverages than we did last night. I also expect to see Rivers target Dowling and Barrett frequently.

Nah, he's just a massive, unapologetic homer who particularly detests the Chargers. It happens.

Personally, I don't see Brady going for 500 and 4 TD's against your defense, but I think our defense should put up a better showing than they did against the Dolphins. Our D-Line, particularly Haynesworth, was crashing Miami's O-Line and disrupting the running game. We should be able to shut down San Diego's running game and force them to throw more often. With game day experience behind them, I expect to see less busted coverages than we did last night. I also expect to see Rivers target Dowling and Barrett frequently.

I don't think he detests the Chargers specifically as much as California and everything that it stands for.

Re: Dowling, he matches up really well with Vincent Jackson physically... at least as well as you'll ever see a CB match up with him. It might be too early to give him that kind of responsibility, but after watching McCourty on Marshall last time, I'm nervous about a McCourty-Jackson matchup.

Last edited:
You guys talk a lot about how inferior the chargers are to the Pats and it may be true. A lot of bragging of how good the Pats D etc etc . You dont brag if you are not concerned, are you? You know what they say a scared dog barks the loudest. By just reading all the post it looks like the Chargers have no shot to win against the Mighty Defense of the Pats. I love Chad Henne stats though. peace.

I like out D's chance against SD this week..they are going to buckle down..people don't realize that what 150 of Hennes yards came in last 2 drives or something like that when pats were in prevent and not playing with the pep the did earlier in the game

Just gotta stop Gates and VJ and your fine

From the chargers forum

I am getting some good laughs:

"Throw Bob on Welker.. that eliminates one of their biggest weapons..
Jammer on Ocho.. I'll take that.
Cason on Branch.. I'll take that too.
Hernandez will need to be made priority.
Phillips has his side locked down..
Brady won't scratch 300 on this defense.
Bank on it."

Last edited:
I think the biggest difference could be our run game. Last year, we had our worst performance of the year against them (51 yards on 22 carries). With Mankins back, Waters added, and Castillo suddenly gone, a weakness could become a strength.

At this point we're not too concerned with the loss of Castillo. Depth, however, is now a concern. Castillo's a very solid player, but DE happens to be the one position on the field where we have a backup who legitimately could be better. Vaughn Martin was our 4th round pick in '09 and was drafted as a freakish physical talent who needed development time, and this preseason he showed that he's becoming what we drafted him to be. I'd prefer that his first NFL start NOT come against the Pats, but what can ya do?

Your offense worries me. I still remember the game the Bolts played against you guys (regular season) in '07, and your offense kind of has that look again.

The also just came off a game where the defense really only had to control the run and pressure the QB. They'll be asked to do much more this week, and it will be a test to see if Manusky is ready for it. These are the kind of games where I really wish we had brought Wade Phillips back.

IMO the only real chance we have is to get into a shootout and make just enough plays on defense to win that battle. A 38-31 type game is what I expect.

That being said, watch it be a 16-13 slogfest.

I see the Pats D getting 2 int's

You guys talk a lot about how inferior the chargers are to the Pats and it may be true. A lot of bragging of how good the Pats D etc etc . You dont brag if you are not concerned, are you? You know what they say a scared dog barks the loudest. By just reading all the post it looks like the Chargers have no shot to win against the Mighty Defense of the Pats. I love Chad Henne stats though. peace.

It's been 20 minutes since you posted, I think the Chargers just lost to the Raiders again.

It's been 20 minutes since you posted, I think the Chargers just lost to the Raiders again.

Chad Henne threw another completed pass against the vaunted Swiss cheese Pats D. You're the one to talk who lost to the Browns last year hehe.
Lets pencil the Pats D for last place against the pass, it's a certainty don't you think. Even the mediocre Sanchez will throw 400 yds against that Pats D.

Chad Henne threw another completed pass against the vaunted Swiss cheese Pats D.

You do know that the final 3 dolphins drives got them 220 yards right..when the pats were in prevent and brady was mopping the floor with them? Na you couldn't know that

When it was 31-17

Last edited:
The power rankings are really funny this week. Other than Green Bay being #1, they do not make a lot of sense. If you are going to base it off of performance and who the opponent was, the Ravens would be #2 and the Pats would be #3 (keep in mind the Dolphins are purported to have a great Defense... at least when they are not playing Brady). Some places have the chargers ahead of both the Ravens and the Pats because McRib played another ****ty game. SD will definitely be in the playoffs though. There are only five games they have any business losing all season.

Chad Henne threw another completed pass against the vaunted Swiss cheese Pats D. You're the one to talk who lost to the Browns last year hehe.
Lets pencil the Pats D for last place against the pass, it's a certainty don't you think. Even the mediocre Sanchez will throw 400 yds against that Pats D.

14-2. Thanks for trolling!

You do know that the final 3 dolphins drives got them 220 yards right..when the pats were in prevent and brady was mopping the floor with them? Na you couldn't know that

When it was 31-17[/QUOTE

it doesnt matter. All I was saying was the Pats fans talk and brag like they already won the game against the chargers and the Pats will kill Rivers and your D will absolutely shut down the No.1 offense in the league last year. Superfrauds and all that. With Super Brady and the Great Bellichick and all your weapons and supposedly great Drafts and great Defense and with Moss in between, when was the last time this great Dynasty have won the Super Bowl? just saying don't belittle some organizations, karma will bite you sometimes. Take a shot a Philip all you want, since he began his career on 2006 the last time i checked him and Brady have 0 super bowl.

When it was 31-17

it doesnt matter. All I was saying was the Pats fans talk and brag like they already won the game against the chargers and the Pats will kill Rivers and your D will absolutely shut down the No.1 offense in the league last year. Superfrauds and all that. With Super Brady and the Great Bellichick and all your weapons and supposedly great Drafts and great Defense and with Moss in between, when was the last time this great Dynasty have won the Super Bowl? just saying don't belittle some organizations, karma will bite you sometimes. Take a shot a Philip all you want, since he began his career on 2006 the last time i checked him and Brady have 0 super bowl.

No one is saying that the Pats will kill Rivers, or that the Chargers offense (which is not #1 in the league in any category this season) will be shut down.

You are wrong, typical Chargers fan. :D

Last edited:
riversface.jpg

Rivers notices the very scary water slide ride!

When it was 31-17[/QUOTE

It doesn't matter?

Actually, it does because of the idiot origional post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back