PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next up: The San Diego Superfrauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
riversface.jpg

Jc do you think norv finally gets canned this year? I though he was done for sure after missing the playoffs last year. Does he have reveling pictures of AJ Smith(or whoever is in charge) or something?

now why would anyone think norv would have got fired for missing the playoffs last year, when his record as a chargers head coach, is the best in the history of the franchise ? (after 4 years)

the guy would have to go 6-10 this year just to match marty's record with sd, he's already beating don coryell's %

the only chargers HC to have more success than norv was bobby ross and his SB appearance.

now that being said, if he misses the playoffs this season? yeah, he's gone lol

but the guy is 41-23 as a san diego chargers HC after 4 years

that's very good......

also you've got rivers who is the only qb in the nfl over the past 3 years to be as consistent as he's been , and the chargers aren't going to want to hurt that by getting rid of norv's offense......

now the team does make mistakes, but tell me a charger team who hasn't made mistakes, i've been a fan since 79 and i can't name one team who hasn't had some serious cluster****s each season haha

ok, i gotta hit the sack ladies, graveyard shift ain't pretty, see you guys back in this here thread tonight :D

A lot of bone head mistakes, those teams had a lot of talent. 8-8 and 9-7 was pretty bad. He did have some playoff success first two years tho. I'd definitely fire him if they don't win at least one playoff game. Some decent coaches still out there cower & Gruden might be a bit of an upgrade. Gruden was forced to work with guys he didn't want to(Simms,Garcia) by his bad gm in Tampa might do well in San Diego.

Excuses...excuses... This is a great resource on Rivers...

Philip Rivers Face

I have several co favorites, mostly in his meltdown moments. But this is my favorite River postgame presser face...

Attachments

• philip-rivers postgame.jpg
    philip-rivers postgame.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
San Diego is the land where clouds always have a silver lining because the fan base has suffered brain damage from years of overexposure to the sun and sand and surf...

it's called hydrocephalus, or, water on the brain. it's a kind of chicken and egg thing. do the san diego teams suck beccause every one's at the beach so no one notices, or, is every one at the beach because the teams suck and there's nothing else to do.

now why would anyone think norv would have got fired for missing the playoffs last year, when his record as a chargers head coach, is the best in the history of the franchise ? (after 4 years)

the guy would have to go 6-10 this year just to match marty's record with sd, he's already beating don coryell's %

the only chargers HC to have more success than norv was bobby ross and his SB appearance.

now that being said, if he misses the playoffs this season? yeah, he's gone lol

that's very good......

Last year I watched as a Chargers player dropped a live ball on the ground because despite the lack of a whistle, he thought the play was dead. That was a lack of coaching, lack of discipline.

Later in the same game, it happened again. A lateral that was thought to be a forward pass was dropped on the ground for the Patriots to simply take. The problem was not addressed on the sideline. You play until the whistle. Always. No exceptions.

That being said, I think the Chargers are still a tough, talented team. And I don't expect this game (or any other) to be an easy win. But the coaching advantage is clear. Norv is obviously good at some things but player discipline does not appear to be one of them.

I have to say that it's hard to hate the Chargers as much now that LT and Steroidiman are gone and they even have intelligent posters that come here and can have a discussion without trolling. (Although Rivers is still a whiny *****).

The one match-up that terrifies me is obviously Gates. The more I see of Guyton the less I like him. I would say he is far and away the new whipping boy for the board and for opposing defenses.

So this Edds kid is supposed to be a coverage LB right? Any chance he's ready for next week?

that's very good......

Looked at in isolation, it's an excellent record. Looked at in context of the talent he's been supplied with and the sad-sack division he's been playing in, it looks a heck of a lot less impressive.

it's called hydrocephalus, or, water on the brain. it's a kind of chicken and egg thing. do the san diego teams suck beccause every one's at the beach so no one notices, or, is every one at the beach because the teams suck and there's nothing else to do.

What gets me is they stay home and eat their tickets if it's raining.

also you've got rivers who is the only qb in the nfl over the past 3 years to be as consistent as he's been

:idontgetit::confused2:

Well, if you're talking last 3 seasons played I'd say you're crazy. But since you're obviously looking to eliminate TB from this comparison on a technicality I'd probably still put him 3rd behind Manning and Rodgers.

also you've got rivers who is the only qb in the nfl over the past 3 years to be as consistent as he's been , and the chargers aren't going to want to hurt that by getting rid of norv's offense...... now the team does make mistakes, but tell me a charger team who hasn't made mistakes, i've been a fan since 79 and i can't name one team who hasn't had some serious cluster****s each season haha

Yeah, among QB's whose teams have never won a damn thing...

given our slow starts, setting an immediate goal of actually trying to get wins in september, is smart IMO lol

i know you NE's set a goal of SB every year, and don't like to take it game by game.....

That's precisely what the Patriots DO do. 1 DAY at a time even...

Guyton really needs to play less. The guy just stares at the WR until he catches it. Never thinks to look for the ball or look at the WR's eyes.

I'm expecting the offenses to be more efficient overall than they were last year, but the result to be similar. I think The Pats will capitalize on some early mistakes that those Chargers are just so prone to this time of year, and then build a fair sized lead. The Chargers just don't beat good teams in September, and an insanely long trip across the country won't help that. They'll pick it up in the second half just enough to make the nervous nellies such as myself anxious, but the Pats will hold on.

I think the biggest difference could be our run game. Last year, we had our worst performance of the year against them (51 yards on 22 carries). With Mankins back, Waters added, and Castillo suddenly gone, a weakness could become a strength.

I think this will be a good test game. Reminds me of when we played them in week 2 of 2007. They were coming off a mediocre performance against a Chicago team that wound up being pretty poor that year. If we play like we did then, then I think we'll have something to start getting excited about.

Last edited:
I saw the tv schedule. I get the Broncos Bengals game.
So pissed. The Red zone channel and a stream are my safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes