PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next up: The San Diego Superfrauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh......

There used to be a time on this board we were able to take these guys who walked on with a chip on their shoulder / coming from a JI type board mentatlity WHO WERENT TOO OVER THE TOP and postively reinforce them into quality interactive posters. Guys who brought info and counterpoints to the table.

Now this is what gets you in TIME OUT on the board?

A remarkable record of personal insult. ohhh he called me a 5 year old. :bricks:

Ok sure he is a troll who wants to throw out 'spy-gate' (aka Commish-Jets-gate').

BUT Unless there is a trail of posts that you already removed for content that I am not seeing - I DON"T GET WHY YOU SUSPENDED THIS IDIOT SO QUICK.
:

Because trolling in and off itself absent any attempt at meaningful discourse on the main board is against the all too few selectively enforced rules here. Ian created a special sub forum where pure trolls and those who love engaging them can blather to their hearts content. It's called the Visitors Locker Room.

he scares dungy, bb not so much

i love norv though

none of sd's losses under norv are any worse than anything i saw under coryell ross marty or any other chargers head coach in the sb era

I happen to agree.

Norv takes too much heat. it's amazing ol' AJ seems to be above this. Who exactly is bringing in the meatheads, anyway?

you're an idiot. be classy once in a while don't you. you hate the arrogance of the jets but look at yourself in the mirror and see the same arrogant fans whose organization haven't won a thing since the exposure of spygate. Karma i tell yah, karma. lol

Ahhh Einstein

You got schooled on your stupid "swiss cheese" post. Of all fanbases, San Diego fans should know the meaning of meaningless yards totaled in meaningless situations.

A "prevent" style defense trades yards for clock. it's not a great accomplishment to gain yards when that's what the opponent kinda wants.

Rivers, Jackson and Gates terrify me in this game. I would have rather played this one a bit later in the season when the defense had a bit more time assimilate the new players and scheme. I think they just aren't consistent enough yet. Obviously getting pressure is going to be key against Rivers, but I don't expect him to run around like Henne did either.

On the other side of the ball, I think SD is better against the pass than MIA is. According to Football Outsiders SD seemed to have their hardest time coverving the TEs and RBs in the passing game. As such I can see NE emphasising the running game more, with more short quick passes to slow down the pass rush.

I don't see this game being anything like the MIA game and think this might be one of their toughest games.

regardless of winner or loser, it's only september, i just think the chargers have alot more on the line, given their bad septembers

i just hope they play like it....

if ya can't get up for a game vs the pats, that's just sad

JC, you have to get over that September WHINE. The Chargers can lose the next 4 games and STILL manage to win THAT weak division by a couple of games. Quit worrying about this "meaningless game". Your division is a gimme. Now be good guests and give us our win. We are going to need it more than you guys. ;)

I know a lot of you cower at the mere mention of Rivers name...

For perspective, they struggled but managed to win at home this week against the mighty Minnesota Viqueens. Led by a QB who may amass as many yards this season as TFB did in week 1, if they don't cut his ass long before that... Rivers did just enough to pull out a W. Threw for 335, 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Had his usual chatty sideline reparte with coach too... Lost Castillo and Kaeding for the season. Gave up a KO TD on ST...

NFL Game Center: Minnesota Vikings at San Diego Chargers - 2011 Week 1

I wouldn't view the Chargers as frauds based on one game. At some point, every good team is going to play a stinker and the good ones find a way to win. While SD has traditionally gotten off to slow starts, most pundits consider them a good to very good team.

Rivers is one of the best QB's in the game. They've got an up and coming running game. They have big receivers, which traditionally have given us problems. It will be interesting to see how Dowling changes the equation. With Bodden and our newer safeties we'll have some more height on the field. Hopefully this helps. They've got a good OL and while the loss of Castillo hurts their DL, Garay and Liuget should be fine. I like their LB's. They have a lot of talent in their DB's and if they can gel this could be a really good unit.

I view the Chargers as a tough challenge for us. Add in a short week and travel back from MIA, it's going to take a good game from us to beat them. If we come out flat, we could find our selves in a big whole early in the game.

images

Since when was 'h' a vowel?

I don't like Sd uniforms and pats are red white and blue like america we win this one easy.

I happen to agree.

Norv takes too much heat. it's amazing ol' AJ seems to be above this. Who exactly is bringing in the meatheads, anyway?

that's why i think it's in the water, or just the weather is so nice it makes us soft most of the time

JC, you have to get over that September WHINE. The Chargers can lose the next 4 games and STILL manage to win THAT weak division by a couple of games. Quit worrying about this "meaningless game". Your division is a gimme. Now be good guests and give us our win. We are going to need it more than you guys. ;)

haha you have a point, so far your div looks pretty damn tough

I've retired Peyton from my signature in honor of the Chargers for the week.

sigh......

There used to be a time on this board we were able to take these guys who walked on with a chip on their shoulder / coming from a JI type board mentatlity WHO WERENT TOO OVER THE TOP and postively reinforce them into quality interactive posters. Guys who brought info and counterpoints to the table.

Now this is what gets you in TIME OUT on the board?

A remarkable record of personal insult. ohhh he called me a 5 year old. :bricks:

Ok sure he is a troll who wants to throw out 'spy-gate' (aka Commish-Jets-gate').

BUT Unless there is a trail of posts that you already removed for content that I am not seeing - I DON"T GET WHY YOU SUSPENDED THIS IDIOT SO QUICK.
:

All the positive reinforcement in the world couldn't have fixed that troll.

I gotta say that I see the Chargers taking this game. I don't see the patriots generating the pressure to get Rivers off his game. Meanwhile, I do see the Chargers being able to create all kinds of pressure and disguising their defenses well. It's tough to really call though because each game has been different. It could be the pats blowing out the Chargers or the Chargers blowing out the Pats. I consider that had their not been 4 ridiculous turnovers last year the game would not have been close. The other game that was a blowout was because Tom Brady didn't play. Still, I'm not going to say the Chargers offense is just better than the Patriots because both are great offenses. I do feel like the Chargers offense matchup to the pats defense alot better than the Pats offense matches up to the Chargers defense.

The Pats patchwork oline vs. the Chargers front seven may be the biggest mismatch in the game. I don't see brady having the time the dolphins gave him to go down field. Takeo Spikes had 11 tackles last week and the Chargers # 1 defense held AP to less than 100 yards and McNabb to 39 yards passing. You can argue that Mcnabb is over the hill but you can't argue that AP is done... The Chargers defense is legit and possibly better than ever. This game will truly be the test for this defense. All of the new editions are panning out so far. Rookie DE Corey Liuget has been dominating since the preseason and dominated against the vikings. Takeo Spikes played exceptionally well and exceeded expectations. Bob Sanders played well also.

Even though Rivers passed for 335 yards the offense didn't really click like it could have. Rivers missed several key throws that I don't expect him to miss this week. Also even though the Chargers gave up a kick return I feel like overall the special teams coverage is much much better.

So you like the Chargers and hate paragraphs.:D Welcome!

Even though your post was a wee bit Charger homeristic, it wasn't trollish. Keep up the good work. :popcorn:

The powder blues may be the best unis in American sports history.

They're pretty pimp but I still love the pat the patriot jerseys more(preferably the red socks ones).

In the end I see this as the game that puts the Chargers back on the map as an Elite team in the AFC. Had the game been later in the season with the pats young secondary having more experience and their defense as a whole playing together longer I would think differently. As things stand now I think the Chargers take this game by 7-13 points.

I do think this will be one of the toughest games the Pats will have this year so I can't totally fault you your prediction. Rivers is a very good quarterback and Gates terrifies me. The fact that it is a home game is good though and Keading being out could also be a factor. At this point I think it is too close to call as I am not sure how good the Chargers are.

One thing though, I wouldn't put much stock in that Vikings game. McNabb isn't good anymore and it is quite easy to shut down a one dimensional offense.

I'm watching the replay of the fins and PAts on NFL network right now. Three guys including the FS covered the tight end on the play. So far I see a lack of communication and flat out not knowing what he's supposed to do with the FS. He played the TE instead of playing over the top like he was supposed to. The result was slater getting open for a deep pass. I don't expect Eric Weddle or Bob Sanders to not know their responsibility.

Sanders will be up near the line, and Weddle's not really good enough to do anything against the Patriots receivers/TEs.

Weddle flat-out robbed the Chargers with the contract.

Quite sure SD's D will be about to get to brady more than miami did. This is a real challenge for the offense.

Wow the Fins gave Brady all day to throw! I can see now this game will be completely different. The Chargers are way better at the point of attack and are just a more solid veteran defensive unit.

The Chargers lost a starting DE for the season, and have nobody that can cover the Patriots tight ends.

I think both teams will be facing much tougher D's this week than they did last week. Until proven otherwise, I'd have to say the Chargers D > than the Pats D. But the Pats O >>>>>>>>> Chargers O. Rivers is a good, probably top 7, but doesn't have elite skills. He stares down receivers too often, telegraphing the hell out of his throws. The Pats re-vamped secondary will take advantage of that.

How? Weddle's very solid. He is always around the ball. Plus I think with Takeo Spikes and Sanders helping him out he just became that much better. Because in coverage he ALWAYS knows where to be. Spikes and Weddle are our defensive captains for a reason. Spikes just flat out loves football and plays like it. As far as weddle no he's not the best safety in the NFL but he's not bad by any means. I'm sure palomalu and Reed will make weddle's contract look like chump change in the new NFL.

Ok, so your additions will make every Charger a HOFer, but the Patriots additions won't do anything to help the team.

Interesting method of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back