PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next roster moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will see him if he is on the roster. Where are his reps?
We are a 2 TE offense. I believe we will be 2 TE on 3rd down as well, except maybe 3rd an very long.
Edelman and Hogan are 1 and 2, and Amendola will get some snaps, but I don't see the role for a 4th WR, much less a 5th.
We could seriously have games with only 3 active WRs, which has happened in the past, btw.
Yes, fair point. I suppose it all comes down to your personal opinion on whether or not they end up keeping 4 or 5 WRs.

If they add a fifth, I'd rather see Martin than anyone else.

Does it concern anyone that hogan is our number 2 wide receiver while in buffalo he wasn't even good enough to crack the top 4? Or is buffalo just awful at evaluating talent ?

Does it concern anyone that hogan is our number 2 wide receiver while in buffalo he wasn't even good enough to crack the top 4? Or is buffalo just awful at evaluating talent ?

Yes and they have crappy coaching too.

ROSTER ISSUES

1) Clearly, there are roster issues when Brady and Ninkovich come back (likely losing a TE and Roberts). Also, we will have issues when and if any PUP players come back, likely cuts at the same position as the player coming back).

2) We could add a WR or take back Martin after Game One. We do have a couple or receivers on the Practice Squad.

3) As Belichick says, the roster will fluctuate through October.

4) We could use an upgrade at OT. Barker remains as the experienced OL on the Practice Squad.

5) We could use an upgrade at RB, although Sankey (Practice Squad) may be it.

Last edited:
Hogan was 3 there and yes it was a bad evaluation to play Robert woods ahead of him.

Sunseri and Hilton were added today to the PS. So, an additional safety and corner.

I predict BB will trade a surplus OL for a tall CB

The OT situation still bothers me Cousins. I think Volmer is done. Solder has been mediocre. How many of us screamed that Matt Light was a weak cog, would have rather had him now than Solder?
I think Cannon, Flemming and Waddle are backups and that is it.

I know he is fighting father time, but Joe Thomas, like Brady, is still playing at a high level. Cleveland is cleaning house. Would you pay a third rounder for him (yes I know they wanted a first) with a two year contract to ride off in the sunset with Brady after a couple of good years and let us Draft an OT this year to learn? I am sure Thomas would love to play in a Championship game at least once in his career. Maybe the Browns owe him that much? Move Solder to RT. Protecting the "maturing" Brady is tantamount to our success. Joe should have a couple years left as well.

His contract is doable at $8.3, $8.8, $8.8

Tumbleweeds?

Another idea for next year is Joe Staley in SF for Jimmy G?
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe