PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 'nicknames' by Chris Berman for the 2007 Rookies

i hate that fat gas bag .rumblin bumblin stublin.back back back gone .he could go all the way .ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh enough .the guy makes me puke .

If you don't like comedy with sports highlights i guess you don't watch ESPN. That's how everyone does there highlights, from sports center to prime time, to PTI. I guess you prefer those lame ass guys that do highlights on your local news station.

If you don't like comedy with sports highlights i guess you don't watch ESPN. That's how everyone does there highlights, from sports center to prime time, to PTI. I guess you prefer those lame ass guys that do highlights on your local news station.
i like comedy the problem is berman isnt funny .hes boring and uses the same old lame ass material over and over and over and over and over again.i love around the horn and pti but they arent high lite shows but they can be funny at times .

Well the neat thing for him is that he is getting paid to come up with these goofy nicknames.

Give me 10 draftees in a hat and I'd probably be able to think up some goofy names in about 15 minutes as well, except I wouldn't get any renumeration for my work. :(

Well the neat thing for him is that he is getting paid to come up with these goofy nicknames.

Give me 10 draftees in a hat and I'd probably be able to think up some goofy names in about 15 minutes as well, except I wouldn't get any renumeration for my work. :(

We do it outta love of the game. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

PFnV

I'm siding with patriotspride on this one, not that my opinion matters.

Just watch Baseball Tonight. When I used to watch that show the highlights were hysterical. I forget all the personalities but it was just four guys chiming in with all the wisecracks they could come up with. All together they had encyclopedic knowledge of every player in the game. Royce Clayton would hit a home run and Kruk would say "One time Royce Clayton..." It was a great meshing of styles and sometimes they'd all just break up laughing. Good stuff.

Berman is the opposite of that. It's like listening to an oscillating fan. He gets louder and softer, but there's no vocal inflections or anything, just a steady hum. Unlike a fan he runs out of air a lot. I imagine he was funny when he was younger and had more lung capacity? When he's not doing highlights he stutters a lot, he's not smooth at all. He's not inexperienced, and if he's lasted this long he's probably talented, so that tells me he's chronically unprepared. I think that's why his comments ramble on for so goddamn long.

The way Brady has been whining about his disrespect in the draft and the fact that he should go # 1 overall I am now deeming him Brady "Dr." Quinn (Medicine Woman)

Cant help but like the guy...he's funny.

I'm siding with patriotspride on this one, not that my opinion matters.

Just watch Baseball Tonight. When I used to watch that show the highlights were hysterical. I forget all the personalities but it was just four guys chiming in with all the wisecracks they could come up with. All together they had encyclopedic knowledge of every player in the game. Royce Clayton would hit a home run and Kruk would say "One time Royce Clayton..." It was a great meshing of styles and sometimes they'd all just break up laughing. Good stuff.

Berman is the opposite of that. It's like listening to an oscillating fan. He gets louder and softer, but there's no vocal inflections or anything, just a steady hum. Unlike a fan he runs out of air a lot. I imagine he was funny when he was younger and had more lung capacity? When he's not doing highlights he stutters a lot, he's not smooth at all. He's not inexperienced, and if he's lasted this long he's probably talented, so that tells me he's chronically unprepared. I think that's why his comments ramble on for so goddamn long.
i cant stand watching him let alone listening to him.everything he does seems like its rehearsed .even his body language seems rehearsed . from the way he transitions to a commercial to the way he motions with his arms and hands to the hosts of espn's pre game NFL show when he introduces them. then the way everybody on that station strokes his massive ego .its more than i can stand.

Last edited:
Here is a few nicknames from our new batch of rookies of 2007 that I see Chris Berman of ESPN coming up with during game highlights......

Calvin 'Klein' Johnson
Brady 'Bunch' Quinn
Laron 'Dirty' Landry
Amobe '****' Okoye
Levi 'Jeans' Brown
Ted 'Tonic n' Ginn Jr.
Leon 'Down the' Hall
Greg 'Mary Kate and Ashley' Olsen
Dwayne 'Arrow and' Bowe
Darrelle 'Leavis To' Revis
Adam 'Crazy' Carriker
Jarvis 'Peat' Moss
Justin 'Master' Blalock
Sidney 'Wild' Rice
Demarcus 'Price Up' Tyler
Jamaal 'Come back Now' Anderson
Eric 'Hurts Just a' Weddle

A very clever post, but also a clear indication that too much time is passing between the SuperBowl and Draft Day... :)

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back