PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My latest Mock in the last week before the draft (finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way you made a post which had the skins giving up there number six pick for the number 25th and 75th pick. Not in a trillion years.

Supply and demand. Its really an interesting topic.

I dont think they are..... A late first and a third is no where near the value of the sixth pick in the draft. I think if the skins wanted to get more picks they could get a lot more then a late first and a late third for there pick.

It is if the skins feel that the 10 million or so that they save is worth it.

And, if they got more great. But someone has to be offering more. And, as I said, its a buyers market. More people are looking to move down than move up.

It is if the skins feel that the 10 million or so that they save is worth it.

And, if they got more great. But someone has to be offering more. And, as I said, its a buyers market. More people are looking to move down than move up.

I can understand your logic. However, the skins can get more then a late first/third. The sixth is worth a lot more then that.

Last edited:
6) New York Jets - Adam Carriker (swap 25th pick for washington's 6th + give the Redskins a 3rd rounder this year)

Is my draft Mock Good - Bad - Or Ugly?- You decide

Based on this trade, I have to say ugly. This is the worst value trade I've ever seen. Ever. By far.

The rest seems okay.

Really? There are? Pray tell, let every one know what they are.

You don't know what better deals there are out there. Or IF there are better deals out there.

Its supposedly a buyers market for trading. In other words, lots of people wanting to move down and not a lot wanting to move up. When its like that, its hard to get what is considered "FAIR" by that 15 year old draft chart that no longer applies because it doesn't take into consideration the changes in contract length.

Yes, I agree the Jets would probably have to part with their 1st and 2nd round picks to get the #6. But, lets remember that the Skins are short on money and short on picks. They have many needs and not a lot of ability to buy. That puts them in a bad position.
Good post. As you stated, those charts are just a guideline. I am of the opinion that draft day is just WAY TOO important these days to just start givng them away to move up a few spots. Let's face it, there are very few "can't miss" guys out there. I sure as heck would not give up a #1 and #2 just to move to 6. I understand a guy like Cj, for example, has the ability to really shake up the draft, but beyond him, I think I'd much rather have a late 1st and 2nd, than get stuck paying big money to an unproven #6.

Good post. As you stated, those charts are just a guideline. I am of the opinion that draft day is just WAY TOO important these days to just start givng them away to move up a few spots. Let's face it, there are very few "can't miss" guys out there. I sure as heck would not give up a #1 and #2 just to move to 6. I understand a guy like Cj, for example, has the ability to really shake up the draft, but beyond him, I think I'd much rather have a late 1st and 2nd, than get stuck paying big money to an unproven #6.
only time we ever agreed.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results