PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My latest Mock in the last week before the draft (finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
O.K. Here goes my last mock before the draft,I am going to leave some notable players out of the first round,but because this draft has so many evenly talented players after the first top ten elite picks,There will be some guys who should go in round one that will not get drafted until round 2 (Houston,Nelson,Spencer,Aaron Ross ect) - and of course there will be some projected round two picks that go earlier than expected as always.

1) Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell
2) Detroit Lions - Gaines Adams
3) Cleveland Browns - Brady Quinn
4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson
5) Arizona Cardinals - Amobe Okoye (Barely has to change college to pro uniforms-will still play for the cardinals)
6) New York Jets - Adam Carriker (swap 25th pick for washington's 6th + give the Redskins a 3rd rounder this year)
7) Minnesota Vikings - LaRon Landry
8) Atlanta Falcons - Adrian Peterson
9) Miami Dolphins - Joe Thomas
10) Houston Texans - Leon Hall
11) San Francisco 49ers - Jamaal Anderson
12) Buffalo Bills - Patrick Willis
13) St. Louis Rams - Ted Ginn jr.
14) Carolina Panthers - Brandon Meriweather
15) Pittsburgh Steelers - Levi Brown
16) Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch
17) Jacksonville Jaguars - Darrell Revis
18) Cincinnati Bengals - Jarvis Moss
19) Tennessee Titans - Justin Harrell
20) New York Giants - Dwayne Bowe
21) Denver Broncos - Jon Beason
22) Dallas Cowboys - Dwayne Jarrett
23) Kansas City Chiefs - Robert Meacham
24) New England Patriots - Daymeon Hughes
25) Washington Redskins- DeMarcus Tyler (In trade with Jets)
26) Philadelphia Eagles - Lawrence Timmons
27) New Orleans Saints - Greg Olsen
28) New England Patriots - Paul Posluszny
29) Baltimore Ravens - Ryan Kalil
30) San Diego Chargers - Ben Grubbs
31) Chicago Bears - Justin Blalock
32) Indianapolis Colts - Joe Staley

Is my draft Mock Good - Bad - Or Ugly?- You decide

Last edited:
I doubt that Peterson will drop that far, If and If the raiders work out a trade for Cullpepper from miami then they will draft either a guard or a reciver, detriot would then jump on russel or quin, possibly even petterson. I also heard Tampa bay may opt out of the top ten...who the hell knows, mocks are fun to see if your right but this one unfortunatly falls in Oaklands hands on how the players will fall.....Good luck!

PD.

WOW. You have the Pats reaching to take Dameion Hughes? You realize that he's fallen WAY down because of his bad combine and similarly bad pro-day, yes?

No way the Pats pass up Staley to take Hughes.

You're showin' your age with the 13th pick.........

I doubt that Peterson will drop that far, If and If the raiders work out a trade for Cullpepper from miami then they will draft either a guard or a reciver, detriot would then jump on russel or quin, possibly even petterson. I also heard Tampa bay may opt out of the top ten...who the hell knows, mocks are fun to see if your right but this one unfortunatly falls in Oaklands hands on how the players will fall.....Good luck!

PD.

The reason why I think Peterson will drop a bit is NOT because of his talent but the pressing need for the top teams who I think are ok at the RB position,It of course will be how they look at their selection - The best player on the board or position need - that will be the difference of where Adrian lands.

As far as Oakland is concerned the guys on Sirius NFL say thers no way the Raiders pass on a QB as first pick - They will probably sign Culpepper or McCown for a veteran leader and slowly blend in Russell thru the year,They would not want to put JaMarcus out to the wolves too early anyway-not with that Offensive line.

Your Skins/Jets swap is way off in terms of chart value.
#6 =1700
#25 + # 89 =775+150=925

WOW. You have the Pats reaching to take Dameion Hughes? You realize that he's fallen WAY down because of his bad combine and similarly bad pro-day, yes?

No way the Pats pass up Staley to take Hughes.

I know its crazy -But I also know its BB and Pioli doing the selections -No one here or anywhere is usually right about who they pick,so yes I went on a limb there for that very reason - Unpredictability

The trade scenario between the Jets & Skins is extremely one sided in favor of the Jets. Granted Daniel Snyder has been known to devalue draft picks, but according to the draft value chart pick #6 is worth 1700 pts. #25 & #89 combined are only worth 925 pts.

Joe Thomas will not fall out of the top 5. He's possibly the closest to a sure thing in this draft. Guys like that don't slide very often.

I'd have to go with ugly! :p

#6 =1700
#25 + # 89 =775+150=925

I did not check that scoring system so if you want then add a 4th or 5th rounder to that trade or maybe add a 2nd or 3rd in 2008 to equal points value- I still think the Jets would do well there with that selection at #6-the Redskins need a few more picks...Regardless I think the Jets will trade up to get a top 15 pick if not where I say,I don't think Mangini will sit tight at #25.

I did not check that scoring system so if you want then add a 4th or 5th rounder to that trade or maybe add a 2nd or 3rd in 2008 to equal points value- I still think the Jets would do well there with that selection at #6-the Redskins need a few more picks...Regardless I think the Jets will trade up to get a top 15 pick if not where I say,I don't think Mangini will sit tight at #25.

They'd probably have to give up their 1st this year & their 1st next year to make it a fair deal.

The trade scenario between the Jets & Skins is extremely one sided in favor of the Jets. Granted Daniel Snyder has been known to devalue draft picks, but according to the draft value chart pick #6 is worth 1700 pts. #25 & #89 combined are only worth 925 pts.

Joe Thomas will not fall out of the top 5. He's possibly the closest to a sure thing in this draft. Guys like that don't slide very often.

I'd have to go with ugly! :p

You are entitled to your opinion and thanks for the ugly vote :),Although I heard on Yahoo Sports network how they were saying Joe Thomas was great but maybe a product of the system at his school - They say his arms are not long enough for the NFL and technique is good but needs work,They think he will go decent high but think he will be a bust in the long run -remember the highly respected Robert Gallery who is now another Raider Deadbeat.

Some of that yahoo sports talk came from Chris Carter and you know he sucks as an analyst so take it as you will,Personally I think he is overrated,we will see.

#6 =1700
#25 + # 89 =775+150=925

The Chart is just a guideline. You also have to consider that the Skins are short on money and picks.

I know its crazy -But I also know its BB and Pioli doing the selections -No one here or anywhere is usually right about who they pick,so yes I went on a limb there for that very reason - Unpredictability

Umm.. Actually, there have been quite a few people right about who the Pats would draft. Also, the Pats don't REACH in the 1st round. Even Logan Mankins, whom the Pats had pegged as a starting guard, wasn't a reach.

Sorry, but to "go out on a limb because of "unpredictability" is just bunk. The Pats don't go out on limbs for 1st rounders. They take the ones they believe are the sure fire can't miss. And have the talent of a 1st rounder. Hughes doesn't have the talent.

Umm.. Actually, there have been quite a few people right about who the Pats would draft. Also, the Pats don't REACH in the 1st round. Even Logan Mankins, whom the Pats had pegged as a starting guard, wasn't a reach.

Sorry, but to "go out on a limb because of "unpredictability" is just bunk. The Pats don't go out on limbs for 1st rounders. They take the ones they believe are the sure fire can't miss. And have the talent of a 1st rounder. Hughes doesn't have the talent.

The deal would need to be sweetened for the jets to trade up to number six. Our two first rounders are worth the 8th pick on paper. The 25th pick and a third rounder is not even close to enough to get the sixth pick. The value changes from year to year, but the sixth pick would be worth about 2000 points. With a third rounder included you are looking at about 900 points. That is not even close. If the skins want to trade down for picks there are far better deals then that one.

Last edited:
In this draft I would take Staley at #24 and Harris, Nelson or Griffin at #28.

The deal would need to be sweetened for the jets to trade up to number six. Our two first rounders are worth the 8th pick on paper. The 25th pick and a third rounder is not even close to enough to get the sixth pick. The value changes from year to year, but the sixth pick would be worth about 2200 points. The 25th is worth 720. With a third rounder included you are looking at about 900 points. That is not even close. If the skins want to trade down for picks there are far better deals then that one.

Really? There are? Pray tell, let every one know what they are.

You don't know what better deals there are out there. Or IF there are better deals out there.

Its supposedly a buyers market for trading. In other words, lots of people wanting to move down and not a lot wanting to move up. When its like that, its hard to get what is considered "FAIR" by that 15 year old draft chart that no longer applies because it doesn't take into consideration the changes in contract length.

Yes, I agree the Jets would probably have to part with their 1st and 2nd round picks to get the #6. But, lets remember that the Skins are short on money and short on picks. They have many needs and not a lot of ability to buy. That puts them in a bad position.

Daymoin Hughes has fallen into the 2nd or 3rd round. Poluszny is too slow. The one thing I PRAY you're right about is the jets trading all the way up to 5 to take Carriker! LOL, that'd be the best.

Thanks for the effort, interesting read.

Where in this post did you see I said the Patriots organization went out on a limb?
I said I am going on a limb picking a guy most of us don't see as a Patriot or think we will take.
BB and Pioli as well as other GMs and HCs see or know things about certain guys that we don't and if they would fit in as a player on thier respective team-

You know as much as I do about who BB and Pioli covets in this draft and that means we have NO IDEA unless you are inside of either of thier heads or are a very close personal friend of them-maybe Hughes will never make it here,maye he is a longshot,maybe he won't even make it in the first day-but never say never till the party's over and the fat lady sings.

The draft is a shot in the dark - just because there are more talented players does not mean they go higher - Ask Tom Brady,6th Round Pick from Michigan of how things that 'look good on paper' means and all those other QBs that went ahead of him are at now-Nothing is in stone when it comes to the draft - nothing.

Last edited:

The Jets could give up their entire draft this year and it would not come close to the points it would take to have equal value according to the points charts.
Skins #6 = 1700
Jets #25,59,63,89,164,177 = 1496

Really? There are? Pray tell, let every one know what they are.

You don't know what better deals there are out there. Or IF there are better deals out there.

Its supposedly a buyers market for trading. In other words, lots of people wanting to move down and not a lot wanting to move up. When its like that, its hard to get what is considered "FAIR" by that 15 year old draft chart that no longer applies because it doesn't take into consideration the changes in contract length.

Yes, I agree the Jets would probably have to part with their 1st and 2nd round picks to get the #6. But, lets remember that the Skins are short on money and short on picks. They have many needs and not a lot of ability to buy. That puts them in a bad position.

Deal with a team willing to give up a hell of a lot more. The 25th and a second rounder are still not worth the sixth on paper. I said "about". We will say 1700 points as stated above. Still not even close. If you are down at the 25the pick you would have to trade your first rounder from this year, and next to make it fair. Jus m opinion. Imo I dont think there is anyway you see the skins giving up the sixth pick for a first and a second or third. That not enough. A 2007 1st rounder, and a 2008 1st I could see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference