PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Enlgand's next head coach..... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he is physically or mentally able, BB will want to coach. He LOVES it. There is no place he'd rather be than at a football practice individually coaching players. There's no burn out for him. He isn't looking forward to some media gig, golf and fishing. He's like Bear Bryant. He'll keep coaching till they force him from the field, and then die within a year.

I believe BB's on record as saying he doesn't want to coach forever a la Marv Levy, etc.

Of course, he can always lie, change, his mind, etc...

Like everything else I believe Belichick already has a plan in place regarding his retirement from coaching and I don't believe he will kick himself upstairs but will make a clean break. Just as he didn't want Parcells making the decisions over him i think he will try to set up the next coach with the same authority he has. Whether the Kraft's go along with that notion is questionable but given the success they have had with this model it is likely they would continue it if they have the right successor in place.

In 2004 Jim Nance practically guaranteed before the Super Bowl that Belichick was stepping down if he won his 3rd ring, and we all saw how that turned out. people talked about him tying Lombardi etc... but I have always believed that his real coaching icon was Paul brown, and his retirement may bay be linked to a certain number of years coaching or age, or reaching some abstract career goal that we don't know about, but that the decision has already been made and he has a succession plan in place. If he could turn it over to anyone i think Saban would be his first choice, but whether he wants to return to the Pro's is certainly questionable given the situation he has at Alabama. McDaniels is probably on his short list as well, but he certainly isn't ready to take full control of the organization the way that Belichick did when he came here.

It's stupid to even suggest the harbaugh brothers or payton, why would they leave their teams to come here? Plus the harbaughs are whiny *******s anyways. They've never legitimately lost a game according to themselves. I'd have to think it'd be somebody from within the way they run things but who knows.

And Saban is older than BB

norvturner.jpg

NORVELLE TURNER

For the coach who follows Bellichick, being the Patriots HC, will simultaneously be the best job in the league and the worst. The best in respects to the organization, support, and winning culture. The worst, in that you will have the impossible task of following a living icon, which by definition is unfair.

What we know for certain is that when that day finally comes, the next coach will either come from within, or be someone who formerly had a long term connection to the team. BB has established the "Patriot Way", when he goes he will be replaced by someone who is intimately familiar with what that means.

Initially I felt it would be McDaniel for sure. But the more I think about it, the more I see BB staying long term. As long as he is physically or mentally able, BB will want to coach. He LOVES it. There is no place he'd rather be than at a football practice individually coaching players. There's no burn out for him. He isn't looking forward to some media gig, golf and fishing. He's like Bear Bryant. He'll keep coaching till they force him from the field, and then die within a year.

No I think he'll be here too long for Josh to be a reasonable candidate. Josh would stay 4-5 years if he thought he'd be Bill's replacement. But I see Bill staying longer than that, and if that's true, McDaniel will eventually leave for his shot.

1. The Saban to NE rumors are simply ridiculous. Beyond all the other common sense reasons that would never happen, Saban is a year OLDER than BB. He's just not a candidate.

2. McDaniels to Cleveland talk is just as ridiculous. He wasn't hired to be here for one year. BB has no Bill Obrien waiting in the wings to replace him like last time. I am pretty sure that McDaniels is here for at least 3 years.....maybe longer.

3. The way I see it, it could be the next HC of the Patriots is some 25 year old unknown kid in the quality control department, getting coffee and picking up prospects from the airport, who in 10-15 years will be ready to take over.

He better be good d%#*!@t! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference