PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots are the best team in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steelers LOSE! Patriots stand alone atop the NFL rankings!

Once again,

Of those 6 wins: 2-5 Bengals, 2-5 Vikings, 0-7 Bills and 3-5 chargers!

The combined record of teams the Pats have beaten are 16 - 27!!!

The only good team the Pats have beat is the Ravens. The Dolphins are mediocre, and the rest are all struggling teams.

The record might be the best in the league, but the team is not. They've just had an amazingly favorable schedule.

Let's not get too excited just yet. This kind of my play might cut it in the season against scrub teams, but the playoff competition will be a bitttt stronger

What are you a broken record? And if not for late scores in two of the games we beat them all by two scores.

The Chargers just beat a good Titans team, the "0-7" Bills just took two teams with a combined 10-5 record to overtime in back to back weeks.

And that 2-5 Vikings team had lost it previous 4 losses by a combined 22 points. Its worse loss was 9 to the Jets on the road. Not exactly getting blown away by its competition, they are losing close games. Or should say they were, we beat them by 2 scores.

So what is your point? And please which team do you root for so that I can tear apart your schedule?

I've been waiting all season for the Pats to pass the Steelers and Jets. :) Going to savor this, even if just for this week.

So do you disagree with my assessment or not?

Will you try to deny that four of the Pats 6 wins have been against teams that are really struggling? Or that the Pats have really only beat 1 playoff quality team?

Surely you can't be such a blind homer as to not recognize that fact?

IMO, the Ravens, Chargers, Phins are all playoff quality teams. Inconsistent yes but they are as good as anybody when they are on. All three can make the playoffs (Ravens and Phins wild card caliber teams) and the Chargers can win the division. The Vikings are always dangerous with AP, Harvin, and Moss.

Once again,

The only good team the Pats have beat is the Ravens. The Dolphins are mediocre, and the rest are all struggling teams.

The record might be the best in the league, but the team is not. They've just had an amazingly favorable schedule.

Let's not get too excited just yet. This kind of my play might cut it in the season against scrub teams, but the playoff competition will be a bitttt stronger

LOL, life of the party post there! :p

Seriously the Pats have accomplished a lot this year by winning the games they should and finally winning on the road. That makes the Miami road win significant especially the way the Pats went out and crushed them in the second half, beating them and scoring TDs in every way imaginable.

The Ravens you already admit was an impressive win for the Pats.

The Chargers have a bad record but it's deceptive. With the #1 offense/defense in the league, the Pats went into this game, won it and along the way proved that they have a MUCH higher team football IQ than San Diego.

The Pats should have indeed beat the Vikes because that team was trending down, but doing it is easier than said because they do have an elite DL. Vikings did not roll over.

The Pats still have 3 tough games left vs the Steelers, Colts, and Jets. But I expect them to acquit themselves well regardless of the pessimists that populate this board and who insist we should be 'happy' with a 10-6 record. Hello, the Pats would have to go 4-5 the rest of the way to end up with that record.

As much as you try to downplay their accomplishments, the Pats are playing winning football and they just keep getting better each week. As good as the Pats record is, because of their youthful talent, this Pats team still has UPSIDE and room to improve. How many other of the arguably 'elite' NFL teams can you honestly say the same thing for?

Last edited:
So do you disagree with my assessment or not?

Will you try to deny that four of the Pats 6 wins have been against teams that are really struggling? Or that the Pats have really only beat 1 playoff quality team?

Surely you can't be such a blind homer as to not recognize that fact?
Funny! I thought the league makes the schedule not the Patriots.

Once again,

This is the NFL, the Dolphins are 4-0 on the road and 0-3 against 3 5-6 win teams. Anyone can lose but we have only lost once.

We don't force the ball to Randy in NY and we are 7-0, our second half issues and road troubles have improved, the defense isn't breaking anymore. I can go on all day.

Only one team is scoring 30 a game, and who is playing tough teams every week? No one is, every team has had weak teams but you still have to play.

Go join ESPN with the Pats haters who don't want to look at facts.

Personally, I thought the Pats would be 6-1 after 5 games.

Still little disappointed, honestly.

Post of the day. :)

Once again,

Sounds like a disgruntled JEST fan!

What are you a broken record? And if not for late scores in two of the games we beat them all by two scores.

The Chargers just beat a good Titans team, the "0-7" Bills just took two teams with a combined 10-5 record to overtime in back to back weeks.

And that 2-5 Vikings team had lost it previous 4 losses by a combined 22 points. Its worse loss was 9 to the Jets on the road. Not exactly getting blown away by its competition, they are losing close games. Or should say they were, we beat them by 2 scores.

So what is your point? And please which team do you root for so that I can tear apart your schedule?

And the Chargers, if they didn't have abysmal special teams, would be at least 5-3, if not 7-1.

Once again,

:blahblah:

Post of the day. :)

A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

love the lama

according to NFLN Deion sanders - its the jets and michael irvin - its the pittsburgh even after the losses today

Not that we care, but on NFLN GameDay Final, the question came up on who the best team in the AFC is. Mooch said the Steelers, Deion said the Jets, Irvin said the Steelers, and Fran Charles tried to present his case for the Patriots (and was shot down by all 3 of the "experts"). That's fine. Only the Pats can have the best record in football 8 weeks in and still fly under the radar. :)

i don't feel that we a re the best team in the NFL.

I don't feel any team in the league can say that until the season is over.

There's a few teams right now who will go on a run and a few who will falter.

With a few key injuries we could falter which means we really were not as strong a team as we thought we were. Strong teams survive injuries ... the 2003 and 2004 teams survived injuries.

We're in the handful of top teams ... I think they should be proud of that until tomorrow.

I've been waiting all season for the Pats to pass the Steelers and Jets. :) Going to savor this, even if just for this week.

I told my wife this morning, "If the Jets lose and the pats win", I am going to have a great week, I'll be walking on a cloud. Well I will. Being in jersey, I have a few places to visit around here where I've been hearing..(Jets fans )"We have no turn overs... We have the best record...Sanchez, Revis...We stomped you in wk 2.." I know it's infantile, But I'll enjoy hearing the excuses. Hears to a good week everybody!!!! And hears to an awesome team!!!!

Last edited:

I told my wife this morning, "If the Jets lose and the pats win", I am going to have a great week, I'll be walking on a cloud. Well I will. Being in jersey, I have a few places to visit around here where I've been hearing..(Jets fans )"We have no turn overs... We have the best record...Sanchez, Revis...We stomped you in wk 2.." I know it's infantile, But I'll enjoy hearing the excuses. Hears to a good week everybody!!!! And hears to an awesome team!!!!

i hear the WFAN is extremely enjoyable for you guys after a loss.:D

i hear the WFAN is extremely enjoyable for you guys after a loss.:D

Joe Beningo is going to be FUN tomorrow. :)

Not that we care, but on NFLN GameDay Final, the question came up on who the best team in the AFC is. Mooch said the Steelers, Deion said the Jets, Irvin said the Steelers, and Fran Charles tried to present his case for the Patriots (and was shot down by all 3 of the "experts"). That's fine. Only the Pats can have the best record in football 8 weeks in and still fly under the radar. :)

Those guys are idiots, they say every week the same bull. Our offense sucks to them but we score more than any team, our defense sucks to them but we hold 6/7 opponents under our sucky offense.

Screw them and their Randy Moss loving, Jets promoting, NE hating asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe