PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots are the best team in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun, from a Jets fan on a Jets fan site

Jets Insider.com Forums

the point to be made is, the Jets played like absolute trailer trash against the Vikings and Broncos. the Patriots played poorly in a couple of their games. in the end though, the Patriots always win, and in the end we got shut the **** out at home against a decimated mediocore NFC team. the Patriots FIND WAYS TO WIN. we FIND WAYS TO LOSE. aside from that, it'll be a walk in the park for us to win the division, just like we have for the previous 7 straight years, right?

Daniel Plainview in the movie There Will Be Blood said it best- "When it comes to the showdown, they won't be there." there couldn't be any truer words to describe the Jets fruitless challenges to the Pats AFC East supremacy every year, and unfortunately, this year is no different. we just happened to get out of the blocks on an even basis with them. generally we just fall behind right away, but this year we even stuck with them through 6 games, but now that the Pats have taken back their usual spot, they will not look back. bank on it.

we would get demolished by that Giant D:(

LMAO, really now?

debbie_downer.jpg

LMAO, really now?

debbie_downer.jpg

Well, for the sake of discussion, how long do you think Brady would remain upright against the Giant's defensive line?

Well, for the sake of discussion, how long do you think Brady would remain upright against the Giant's defensive line?

We wouldn't know until we see the two teams play. But Brady managed to hold his own against the Ravens and Vikings, two very tough defenses. I'm not afraid of the Giants just because of what happened three years ago.

We wouldn't know until we see the two teams play. But Brady managed to hold his own against the Ravens and Vikings, two very tough defenses. I'm not afraid of the Giants just because of what happened three years ago.

OK first a general rebuttal and reply: I wouldn't go out buying rings just yet. This is a young team with talent that is taking coaching extremely well and are playing way over their experience level. They currently have the best record, but the season is stil not quite to the half pole. There wil be bumps in the road. There will be tough teams ahead, and games the team "shouln't" win. Hell, this team cannot take any team for granted, its just too young. Which will keep them focused.

Now to this Giants D thing...The Pats faced a tough front 7 last week with the Chargers, taking alot of inside pressure, seeing the pocket collapse. They got to Brady a lot too. The first half was a nightmare. Then Dante made the change at LG, changed the blocking scheme a bit, and the team rebounded in the second half. So the Giant's D would be a similar challenge. Would Dante and BB be able to dial up the blocking? No one really knows unless and until they play each other.

Last edited:
OK first a general rebuttal and reply: I wouldn't go out buying rings just yet. This is a young team with talent that is taking coaching extremely well and are playing way over their experience level. They currently have the best record, but the season is stil not quite to the half pole. There wil be bumps in the road. There will be tough teams ahead, and games the team "shouln't" win. Hell, this team cannot take any team for granted, its just too young. Which will keep them focused.

Now to this Giants D thing...The Pats faced a tough front 7 last week with the Chargers, taking alot of inside pressure, seeing the pocket collapse. They got to Brady a lot too. The first half was a nightmare. Then Dante made the change at LG, changed the blocking scheme a bit, and the team rebounded in the second half. So the Giant's D would be a similar challenge. Would Dante and BB be able to dial up the blocking? No one really knows unless and until they play each other.

I agree with everything. It's extremely unlikely that this team will run the table from this point forward...too many tough games on the schedule and it's still a team in development. But I'm thrilled with where the Pats are right now and I don't care for the negativity (at the risk of sounding like Rick Pitino). :D

I just read some of this thread quickly...:eek::rofl:

Talking about manic depressive! This board needs a psychiatrist.

Such huge emotional extremes. Its like there are two schools here, the all in homers and the bashers. This board needs some Abilify!

nobody's saying anyone's won the superbowl. all i want to know is, after 8 weeks, who has the best record. for the last 5 weeks or so, espn has been declaring the jets or steelers as the best teams even though we were tied with the best record. now, the pats have the best record UP TO THIS POINT. so, UP TO NOW, the pats are the best team in the nfl and, no, i don't care what the CRACKHEADS on the nfln think or say.

Currently the Patriots own the best winning percentage in the NFL. The measurement of the best team is ultimately based on the objective measurement of winning percentage (up until the playoffs are in full operation). Because of that the Patriots are currently, in fact, the best team in the league. Any measurement based on 'X beat Y while Z beat X but Y beat Z' is not objective.

With that said, the best winning percentage at week 7 means only:
A) We require less wins to secure a playoff birth.
B) We require less wins to secure a week 1 playoff bye and home field advantage in the playoffs.
C) Beyond A and B it means nothing toward being the best team in the NFL for the year 2010......which is the only 'best team' measurement that matters.

Speculating about our chances for being the best team in the NFL for 2010, we have games against the following above 500 teams: Indy, Pitt, GB, Jets, Miami, Chicago. Assuming we can take care of business against Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, likely A and B will be achieved with a 3 and 3 split against the above 500 teams and one of the 3 wins coming against the Jets and one of the losses coming against GB or Chicago.

With a few key injuries we could falter which means we really were not as strong a team as we thought we were. Strong teams survive injuries ... the 2003 and 2004 teams survived injuries.

The 2010 Pats have played through injuries to Bodden, Warren, Faulk, Taylor, and Chung, with guys like Arrington, Deadrick, Woodhead, BJGE, Brown and others stepping up to fill the void. This may not represent the level of injuries the Pats had in the 2004 and 2005 seasons in particular, but this team has definitely faced some injury adversity and come out of it pretty well. This is not even to mention Mankins being out. Any more key injuries, and we're going from being tested to being cursed. If the 2010 Pats do wind up sealing the deal, I'd be comfortable saying this team has overcome the kind of adversity that no SB team ever has; a combination of key injuries and having rookies, sophomores, and UDFAs filling the voids.

the Pats are really a good team now and i'm excited about this season - Go Pats !

Not that we care, but on NFLN GameDay Final, the question came up on who the best team in the AFC is. Mooch said the Steelers, Deion said the Jets, Irvin said the Steelers, and Fran Charles tried to present his case for the Patriots (and was shot down by all 3 of the "experts"). That's fine. Only the Pats can have the best record in football 8 weeks in and still fly under the radar. :)

Just woke up and saw this. "Shot down" doesn't even cover it - -I saw "dismissed" and "mocked." "Have you seen their secondary? Danny Woodhead? Jets beat them." Nice to see the Pats back to their old tricks of mystifying the shiny suit crowd.

Not that we care, but on NFLN GameDay Final, the question came up on who the best team in the AFC is. Mooch said the Steelers, Deion said the Jets, Irvin said the Steelers, and Fran Charles tried to present his case for the Patriots (and was shot down by all 3 of the "experts"). That's fine. Only the Pats can have the best record in football 8 weeks in and still fly under the radar. :)

I'll take somehow being the underdog again :D

Yep definitely the best team in the NFL!

6 wins against powerhouses!

You've got the 2-5 Bengals, the 2-5 Vikings, the 0-7 Bills and the 3-5 chargers!

In fact the combined record of the great teams the Pats have racked these 6 wins against is 16 - 27!!!

Let's face it folks, the Pats have beat ONE good team. The Ravens. And then one mediocre team, Miami. The vast majority of their wins has been chewing up struggling teams.

This is NOT the best team in the NFL. They may have the best record, but look at the strength of the competition they've had.

This might be rosey for the season, but come playoff time, they're not going to get the benefit of playing against this kind of crap competition.

Reality check.

Thanks for your helpful reality check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill