PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Chicken Littles

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the gist of it was legit.

No, it wasn't.

Examples:

Constructive criticism - "Player A had an off game. He needs to work on his break, because the opponents were beating him there."

Not constructive criticism - "
that end of 1st half was a disgrace. and 30 sec left wasting 2 time outs and not even try to go for fg? that was another disgrace.

losing to jets make this loss 100 times worse."

Who doesn't try to score with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts?

Teams having one issue or another. In this case, a team that was without a starting tackle, and had a replacement who'd been with the team for about 2 weeks, was getting his first in game snaps for the squad, and was not holding up well enough to run a 2 minute drill. If the Patriots had tried to score and Brady had gotten injured in the process, people here would be grabbing for the pitchforks about that. And, given the Patriots overall situation (bye in playoffs, easy chance to grab the 1 seed still available), THAT would be the correct time to rage.

I don't think that's ever been done before (Much like defering in OT).

Yes, it's happened before. We've seen this same Patriots team do it before.

It's within reason to criticize the coach's decision on playing it safe rather than blindly following along like everything's hunky dory.

I'm plenty willing to criticize the team, as my history proves. In this case, your criticism is not well thought out, and your post defending it is almost completely without thought.

No, you're 100% wrong. There's Patriot fans and then there's the perpetually fhuckin' negative message board azzoles that cry about every mouse fart they smell. The NE Patriots are IN the playoffs, have at least a home game and will be getting back four starters. That's reason for optimism...plus the track record the past FOURTEEN PHUCKIN' YEARS!!!

Equating people with enemy traitors because YOU are so phucking kunty about your right to complain non stop is about as moronic as it gets on fan boards.
Dead on, I Spied a whinny little Be-otch.

No, you're 100% wrong. There's Patriot fans and then there's the perpetually fhuckin' negative message board azzoles that cry about every mouse fart they smell. The NE Patriots are IN the playoffs, have at least a home game and will be getting back four starters. That's reason for optimism...plus the track record the past FOURTEEN PHUCKIN' YEARS!!!

Equating people with enemy traitors because YOU are so phucking kunty about your right to complain non stop is about as moronic as it gets on fan boards.

Ya they are also choosing to ignore they brought a fully healthy jests team to OT when they had to bring in a LT they signed last week to protect Brady's blindside mid-game, their best G was out, their 2 chain movers out due to injury, their 2 starting safeties were out. Which all of those except maybe the LT should be back.

Not to mention the jests two biggest plays came from the benefit of the refs going temporarily blind (Marshall's blatant push for the TD and the blatant OPI in OT)

Anyone who is scared to see the jests in the playoffs is a chicken little ****y.

Ya they are also choosing to ignore they brought a fully healthy jests team to OT when they had to bring in a LT they signed last week to protect Brady's blindside mid-game, their best G was out, their 2 chain movers out due to injury, their 2 starting safeties were out. Which all of those except maybe the LT should be back.

Not to mention the jests two biggest plays came from the benefit of the refs going temporarily blind (Marshall's blatant push for the TD and the blatant OPI in OT)

Anyone who is scared to see the jests in the playoffs is a chicken little *****.

Marshall pushed off or blocked downfield several times today.

some people don't undersand what constructive criticism is all about. They'd rather everybody just bury their heads over every damn thing.

I call them a bunch of Baghdad Bobs. "Hey everythings fine, there's no American tanks here." all the while there's an american tank rolling along in the background.
You need a little perspective. Understanding that we still control the AFC and will probably have McCorty, Edleman, high tower, Chung and Amendola back is not ignoring the criticism. It just means the criticism is a little irrelevant to the team we will field going forward

Speaking of chicken littles, why were several people so worried about the Steelers?

Pitt was the boogeyman du jour. With their loss whatever playoff team wins by a lot today probably will be the new boogeyman du jour. Who knows, it might even be the 'they beat us a few weeks ago! they'll beat us again' Jets.

Wow. Not what I saw at all.

I saw a team riddled with Offensive injuries put up a gritty fricken effort against a good Jets team in their home stadium.

Sometimes the Jets D line just ran straight through the O line giving Brady little to no time to find the open receiver.

Why did they elect to run out the clock at the end of the first half? Probably because they wanted their defense to control the game as much as possible and trying to force the ball down field with replacement oline guys may result in being down 14 instead of 7. Either way I'm sure they had their reasons.

Gritty performance. Can't wait to see this team healthy.

Haha... I love this thread, a bunch of egomaniacs get their opportunity to lash out at each other, themselves, anyone that will listen, and many folks that don't care. ;)

I just look at it as a bunch of passionate fans that express themselves differently. Would not be as much fun if we were all a bunch of Stepford Fans...

weather seemed perfect, really not sure why you would defer.

Aside from a really bad brady pass, the patriots had been marching it up and down the field in the 2nd half.

Banking on your defense to make a stop, which they had been in the 2nd half outside of that early TD which then you only need to get in FG position with the best kicker in the league to win.

that end of 1st half was a disgrace. and 30 sec left wasting 2 time outs and not even try to go for fg? that was another disgrace.

losing to jets make this loss 100 times worse.

/rant
Why would you expect them to win this game? I'm surprised they we're able to field to complete 11 player squads frankly.

Speaking of chicken littles, why were several people so worried about the Steelers?

Should be worried about a playoff matchup with this jests team. Always competitive games. The secondary was atrocious today

some people don't undersand what constructive criticism is all about. They'd rather everybody just bury their heads over every damn thing.

I call them a bunch of Baghdad Bobs. "Hey everythings fine, there's no American tanks here." all the while there's an american tank rolling along in the background.

Agreed. They hear first round bye and thinks it's great when it really isn't. You never want to leave it up to another team to get you home field throughout. No possibility of travel etc. Or the conservative play calling in numerous instances even though Martin and White have proven to a) get open and or b) catch it even when they aren't. Plus Gronk is still out there. That "safe" mentality loses in just about every facet of life. It's like prevent defense for the offense. Prevents you from winning.

Pats have lost all 3 games by a single score, with two of them being in OT on the road. All of this despite being raped by injury.

Not bad at all.

Once we get our top stars back, we'll be fine.

weather seemed perfect, really not sure why you would defer.

Aside from a really bad brady pass, the patriots had been marching it up and down the field in the 2nd half.
I dont think they did defer. I think BB is covering for Slater's kneejerk reaction to a leading question from the ref.

Agreed. They hear first round bye and thinks it's great when it really isn't. You never want to leave it up to another team to get you home field throughout. No possibility of travel etc. Or the conservative play calling in numerous instances even though Martin and White have proven to a) get open and or b) catch it even when they aren't. Plus Gronk is still out there. That "safe" mentality loses in just about every facet of life. It's like prevent defense for the offense. Prevents you from winning.
They aren't leaving it up to another team. Win next week and its home field throughout.

Edit: What the hell is there to disagree with? If they beat the Dolphins, they have homefield throughout. It's not open to conjecture, it's a fact.

You need a little perspective. Understanding that we still control the AFC and will probably have McCorty, Edleman, high tower, Chung and Amendola back is not ignoring the criticism. It just means the criticism is a little irrelevant to the team we will field going forward

You're correct but we had control over the situation. We had the ball and the opportunity to do something with it inside 2 minutes. We also won the toss and decided to kick off in OT. People are complaining within the confines of this game and the sketchy decisions that were made. You bring up a good point but it's akin to saying we lost but there's always next year. Die hard fans don't want to hear that crap right now.

Wow. Not what I saw at all.

I saw a team riddled with Offensive injuries put up a gritty fricken effort against a good Jets team in their home stadium.

Sometimes the Jets D line just ran straight through the O line giving Brady little to no time to find the open receiver.

Why did they elect to run out the clock at the end of the first half? Probably because they wanted their defense to control the game as much as possible and trying to force the ball down field with replacement oline guys may result in being down 14 instead of 7. Either way I'm sure they had their reasons.

Gritty performance. Can't wait to see this team healthy.

Yeah gritty performance from a group of guys that deserved better decision making from their coach.

Look there's two types of fans and i'm going to leave it at that. You got the competitive, cut throat,die hard fans that live and die with each play or decision and you got the, "there's always next year" crowd.

It is what it is.

They aren't leaving it up to another team. Win next week and its home field throughout.

How good are the Ravens? Not too good offensively or defensively right? How about Atlanta? They are pretty good right?

Divisonal games are unpredictable. Who would have thought the Steelers would get basically dominated by the Ravens or the Panthers losing to the Falcons? Yes, they very well may need help from someone else.

Yeah gritty performance from a group of guys that deserved better decision making from their coach.

Look there's two types of fans and i'm going to leave it at that. You got the competitive, cut throat,die hard fans that live and die with each play or decision and you got the, "there's always next year" crowed.

It is what it is.

You seem confused. This wasn't a playoff game, and the Patriots were not eliminated today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes