PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 2009 NFL Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

My take on this is that it is reasonable to give Whiza until, say, midday tomorrow. He can't be "punished" for not expecting the draft to be so quick, especially when he might be at work as others have said. I am lucky to be online so much at the moment. I am waiting for final confirmation of a job offer, which is why I am. Normally, I would only be able to post between 12 and 6pm Eastern on weekdays.

Having said that, I'm pretty anxious to make my pick. I'm still annoyed at myself for letting an OT slip for the Rams.

Well when he does show up make sure someone gets his Houston pick as well so we don't run into this problem again 5 picks later.

My take on this is that it is reasonable to give Whiza until, say, midday tomorrow. He can't be "punished" for not expecting the draft to be so quick, especially when he might be at work as others have said. I am lucky to be online so much at the moment. I am waiting for final confirmation of a job offer, which is why I am. Normally, I would only be able to post between 12 and 6pm Eastern on weekdays.

Having said that, I'm pretty anxious to make my pick. I'm still annoyed at myself for letting an OT slip for the Rams.

I totally agree with that, well said.

Round 1
1)Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2)St. Louis Rams - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
3)Kansas City Chiefs - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
4)Seattle Seahawks - Jason Smith OT Baylor
5)Cleveland Browns - Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
6)Cincinnatti Bengals - B.J. Raji DT Boston College
7)Oakland Raiders - Michael Oher OT Mississippi
8)Jacksonville Jaguars - Brian Orakpo DE Texas
9)Green Bay Packers - Tyson Jackson DE LSU
10)San Francisco 49ers - Mark Sanchez QB USC
11)Buffalo Bills - Everette Brown DE Florida State
12)Denver Broncos - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
13)Washington Redskins - Robert Ayers DE Tennessee
14)New Orleans Saints - Chris Wells RB Ohio State
15)Houston Texans - Brian Cushing LB USC
16)San Diego Chargers - Andre Smith OT Alabama
17)New York Jets - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
18)Denver Broncos - Connor Barwin DE Cincinnati
19)Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Clay Matthews LB USC
20)Detroit Lions - Rey Maualuga LB USC
21)Philadelphia Eagles - Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
22)Minnesota Vikings - Eben Britton OT Arizona
23)New England Patriots - William Beatty OT Connecticut
24)Atlanta Falcons - Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
25)Miami Dolphins - Larry English LB Northern Illinois
26)Baltimore Ravens - Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
27)Indianapolis Colts - Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
28)Philadelphia Eagles - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
29)New York Giants - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
30)Tennessee Titans - Sean Smith CB Utah
31)Arizona Cardinals - Alex Mack C California
32)Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarrron Gilbert DE San Jose State

Round 2
33)Detroit Lions - Ron Brace DT Boston College
34)New England Patriots - Darius Butler CB Connecticut
35)St. Louis Rams - Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State
36)Cleveland Browns - Clint Sintim LB Virginia
37)Seattle Seahawks - Vontae Davis CB Illinois
38)Cincinnatti Bengals - Max Unger C Oregon
39)Jacksonville Jaguars - Donald Brown RB Connecticut
40)Oakland Raiders - Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

16-Apr
41)Green Bay Packers(Whiza) 8 am
42)Buffalo Bills(Gomezcat) 10 am
43)San Francisco 49ers(SamsBamsFan) 12 pm
44)Miami Dolphins(Mogamedogz) 2 pm
45)New York Giants(Bakes781) 4 pm
46)Houston Texans(Whiza) 6 pm
47)New England Patriots(Irish Hooligan) 8 pm
48)Denver Broncos(Seneschal2) 10 pm

17-Apr
49)Chicago Bears(Irish Hooligan) 8 am
50)Cleveland Browns(Bakes781) 10 am
51)Dallas Cowboys(broadwayjoe) 12 pm
52)New York Jets(SamBamsFan) 2 pm
53)Philadelphia Eagles(CanadianPat'sFan) 4 pm
54)Minnesota Vikings(A.C. Vegas) 6 pm
55)Atlanta Falcons(Broadwayjoe) 8 pm
56)Miami Dolphins(Mogamedogz) 10 pm

18-Apr
57)Baltimore Ravens(Mogamedogz) 8 am
58)New England Patriots(Irish Hooligan) 10 am
59)Carolina Panthers(Robdude) 12 pm
60)New York Giants(Bakes781) 2 pm
61)Indianapolis Colts(VJCPatriot) 4 pm
62)Tennessee Titans(Zero) 6 pm
63)Arizona Cardinals(jmt57) 8 pm
64)Pittsburgh Steelers(KevinFaulk-33) 10 pm

Last edited:
Well when he does show up make sure someone gets his Houston pick as well so we don't run into this problem again 5 picks later.

I agree with Bakes on this there are to many people that we can send a PM to so lets try to avoid this kinda thing again. Like I said earlier you can PM Gomezcat.CanadianPat'sFan or me in the evenings. As a matter of fact I would really like to get this thing cranked up during the weekend especially Saturday I will definetly be available for PM's.

Man this mock is like crack to me. It has slowed to a normal human pace and I almost can't take it.

I got a FEVA' and the only prescription is more Mock Draft!

Yeah I agree with you I look forward to seeing the picks and looking at the explanations why the pick was made.

I will be making the Packers pick at 8 am est unless Whiza comes online before then. I believe that is enough time and we need this draft to continue. I'm also going to send another PM to him.

I know Bakes will be back on this morning but I do have his Giants selection via pm as well. I was dying for Maybin to fall to the Pats, but I didn't want to pick him. So, I hate that he almost made it but I am glad that he is gone.

Damn I make sense:bricks:

Thanks for the pick Broadway- I think that we were actually typing at the same time. Is Maybin more Mike Mamula than Wilber Marshall? He has the right coach. Excited about the possibilities for Maybin here, and I can't believe that he was still on the board (esp. as I really wanted to get a front 7 difference maker).

I know Bakes will be back on this morning but I do have his Giants selection via pm as well. I was dying for Maybin to fall to the Pats, but I didn't want to pick him. So, I hate that he almost made it but I am glad that he is gone.

Damn I make sense:bricks:

yeah I'm here to make my pick now ;)

Maybin fell right about where I have him in my own mock.

btw I'm available for PM mon-fri 9-5 in case anybody didn't know that already.

yeah I'm here to make my pick now ;)

Maybin fell right about where I have him in my own mock.

btw I'm available for PM mon-fri 9-5 in case anybody didn't know that already.

Bakes and Joe you guys are awesome, this mock is getting me through the day(s) ummm and I will leave it at that. The Pats are in the war room patiently waiting.:cool:

Bakes and Joe you guys are awesome, this mock is getting me through the day(s) ummm and I will leave it at that. The Pats are in the war room patiently waiting.:cool:

You've got some great options still available so I can't wait either! :)

I don't think that Maybin will get out of the top-20 Bakes. We'll obviously see in about 10 days. When I sent the PM to Broadway, I really expected to get Ziggy here. He would have filled their biggest need on D by protecting Willis and Spikes...

... and there he goes. Good pick for the Fish.

Last edited:
Yeah I look at him similarily to how I view THE GREAT Connor Barwin. lol Both are projects at this point with a lot of potential but several years away from making an impact.

As for my pick; Laurinaitis was my 3rd choice for the Giants at 29, so to get him at 45 feels great.

Sooo how long do we give Whiza this time?

Last edited:
Yeah I look at him similarily to how I view THE GREAT Connor Barwin. lol Both are projects at this point with a lot of potential but several years away from making an impact.

As for my pick; Laurinaitis was my 3rd choice for the Giants at 29, so to get him at 45 feels great.

Sooo how long do we give Whiza this time?

Its a long hard wait, I am at work now which means I will be on like a crackhead all day, so when his pick goes in I will pounce like a cougar on angledust.

I say we give it another 2 hours

Its a long hard wait, I am at work now which means I will be on like a crackhead all day, so when his pick goes in I will pounce like a cougar on angledust.

lol can you hang on til noon?

Last edited:
In a draft supposedly deep in OLB, the Pats stand a real chance of coming away with no OLB prospects. How does that happen? Hmmm. Still think Barwin would have been a reach at 23?

If the Pats landed Larry English and Ziggy Hood with their first two picks... I wouldn’t be disappointed.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back