PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #1; Hula Bowl Recap; GM Search?

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Jabbar Muhammad decided to stay in school and then when Coach Deboer left Washington for Alabama, Muhammad entered the transfer portal. He lists Alabama, Oregon and Texas as his three choices to transfer to. This is what happens when you do your 1st draft three days before the deadline to declare for the draft. Caleb Williams waited until Monday afternoon to declare for the draft, minutes before the deadline.

A Holy Cross WR and a UNH RB

1705441847602.jpeg

Let's get some scouts to the Babson Beavers spring practices....stat

Absolutely hate it. Passing on a really good QB prospect to draft a tackle is idiotic. You can get the QB and get a great tackle prospect by trading back up into the second half of the 1st round, fixing both problems on Day 1.

Absolutely hate it. Passing on a really good QB prospect to draft a tackle is idiotic. You can get the QB and get a great tackle prospect by trading back up into the second half of the 1st round, fixing both problems on Day 1.
Not a fan either. Super risky to pass on the QB and then attempt to trade back up to get him.

How many teams will trade out of the top 10 and not receive a first round pick back? Why even have that second trade listed, not remotely reasonable.

The first trade could happen and going to 5 you know Chargers are not taking a QB, you might get Daniel’s unless Arizona trades their pick to Giants or Titans. AZ could easily trade to one of them and still get Bowers.

I think Pats are stuck at 3 unless they are willing to trade to a team that wants a QB which means they then need to come up with a QB somehow and they miss out on MHJ also.
Stay at 3 and pick IMO.

Why would you ignore the Cards at #4 to trade with the Charges. The Cards want Harrison and you can let both of them offer us picks? If we trade with the Cards we still control the draft at #4. We can pick the QB ourselves or get the Giants and Falcons to bid for the last top rated QB..... It's a no brainer

Not a fan either. Super risky to pass on the QB and then attempt to trade back up to get him.

Especially when you can take the QB at 3, then trade back up into the second half of the 1st round and get a guy like Tyler Guyton to play LT . They could fix their two biggest problems on Day 1, and have free agency and the rest of the Draft to address their other needs.

How many teams will trade out of the top 10 and not receive a first round pick back? Why even have that second trade listed, not remotely reasonable.

The first trade could happen and going to 5 you know Chargers are not taking a QB, you might get Daniel’s unless Arizona trades their pick to Giants or Titans. AZ could easily trade to one of them and still get Bowers.

I think Pats are stuck at 3 unless they are willing to trade to a team that wants a QB which means they then need to come up with a QB somehow and they miss out on MHJ also.
Stay at 3 and pick IMO.

There is no point in drafting Harrison when you have the worst QB’s in football.

MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #1; Hula Bowl Recap; GM Search?
Mark Morse
This is my 1st published New England Patriots Mock Draft of the year.

The post MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #1; Hula Bowl Recap; GM Search? appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

"...This is my 1st published Mock Draft of the year. To get to this point I have conducted over 50 Mock Drafts from various online sources such as Pro Football Focus, NFL Draft Buzz, Fanspeak On the Clock, and NFL Mock Draft Database. I prefer the Pro Football Focus tool as I think it mimicks the actual draft boards as they are evolving. A perfect case for that was the rise of Marte Mapu, an unknown safety at Sacramento State to a Third-Round selection by the Patriots. He literally came out of nowhere, but PFF had him steadily rising, from undrafted to a middle round pick. No one saw him as a Third-Round pick..."

- And for good reason too.

Agree with your Pats re-signings and am intrigued with your UFA signings, and by your draft-day trade proposals...

Not a fan however of your 4th-round picks, at all... And why in the world would you draft TWO RBs?

Agree with your take on the phony-baloney GM "search"... Al Groh's kid must be ****ING FIRED, as in like ****ing YESTERDAY.
More of the Same Old Same Old in the FO will mean more of the Same Old Same Old on the field as well.

And for the sake of my lord & master Ganja Satan, Just Say No to hiring the Atlanta Fail-cons Special olympics Teams coach.

Did you guys read it? He took Alt with 5 and then Daniels with 7. It seems pretty pie in the sky to me, but that's mock drafts for you.

Did you guys read it? He took Alt with 5 and then Daniels with 7. It seems pretty pie in the sky to me, but that's mock drafts for you.
It’s definitely a mock draft with trades that favor the pats for sure. A top 10 pick for 2 2nds and a 3rd is low. Plus you gotta hope that the Giants pass on Daniels at 6.

It’s definitely a mock draft with trades that favor the pats for sure. A top 10 pick for 2 2nds and a 3rd is low. Plus you gotta hope that the Giants pass on Daniels at 6.
I'd just take Daniels at 3 and not screw around with it, unless you are sure you can get back up to inside the top 10. The QB is the most important position, but the line is a nightmare. It's 1 and 1A to me. Both must be addressed.

Nope, and that’s obviously my fault. I saw the trade out and the OL and and bailed. So my apology to the author..

If that actually came true it would be great, but I think Daniel’s is top 3.

Last edited:
Nope, and that’s obviously my fault. I saw the trade out and the OL and and bailed. So my apology to the author..

If that actually came true it would be great, but I think Daniel’s is top 3.
I think so too. Hey look at it this way... it's the first of 1000s of mock drafts we can read between now and then.

It's a horrible mock tbh. Both logistically and realistically. Daniels isn't making it to 7
Nope.

I'm still convinced that the Bears stay with Fields and take MJH 1st. So then you'll have 2 of the top 3 QBs to pick from.

There's a lot of negative stuff said about Williams that's out there. Wants a % of ownership, doesn't want to go to this team or that team. No idea if any of it is accurate. I know the media types love him, but I think he could drop on draft day because of these reports.

Especially when you can take the QB at 3, then trade back up into the second half of the 1st round and get a guy like Tyler Guyton to play LT . They could fix their two biggest problems on Day 1, and have free agency and the rest of the Draft to address their other needs.
Guyton has played just Right Tackle, and some linemen can't play on both sides of the center. Mike Owenu can't play on the left side. I just think that Alt is a generational talent at LT. How many times does a can't miss QB turn out to be a dud?

Last edited:
Guyton has played just Right Tackle, and some linemen can't play on both sides of the center. Mike Owenu can't play on the left side. I just think that Alt is a generational talent at LT. How many times does a can't miss QB turn out to be a dud?
First of all Jayden Daniel’s isn’t going to be there at #7, so if you passing QB in the top 4 you are wasting that pick. And Oklahoma’s QB is left handed, so Guyton was protecting his blind side. Passing up an elite QB prospect when you have the worst QB room in the league, and the 3rd pick is idiotic. But hey, draft a tackle so they can protect terrible QB’s, that’s a great idea, as long you are ok with losing every week. They could have had Joe Thomas playing left tackle for them last season, and they would still be picking 3rd.

And if you want to apply the logic that draft picks frequently bust then there’s an answer for that, don’t draft anyone, they could bust.

And some lineman can play either tackle spot. If you want to make an argument that Guyton can’t play left tackle then make the argument that he can’t play left tackle. Making the argument that some players can’t, so don’t take him, is as weak as your argument that some QB’s bust. Literally anyone can make that argument, and for someone who is writing articles projecting draft picks to employ it is as weak as it gets. So let me try it out. Joe Alt is only 20 years old, some 20 year olds bust. Case closed, don’t take him, he could bust.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back