PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE trades for TE Asante Cleveland from 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
But really, I feel like the team is a little thin at Guard right now. If Jackson or Mason get hurt, who's left? Just Kline? Making a move for Mathis makes sense.

Fleming supposedly returned the other day and they have Groy.

Workout Numbers:

6'5" 261
4.78 40
20 reps @ 225
4.45 20yd shuttle
7.33 3-cone

Anyone know anything about him? What type of TE is he? Big bodied move guy, another inline blocker? Doesn't seem too physically gifted but I'm only going off numbers, never heard of the guy.

Loyko says we were high on him as a UDFA and offered a bigger UDFA deal to him.

Similar to Jace Amaro athletically.

6'5", 265
4.74 40
28 reps
4.30 20yd shuttle
7.42 3-cone

A trade this one-sided is pretty bad for the integrity of the game. No question about it - this is flagrant collusion between the two clubs. IMO someone needs to resurrect Spector and get an investigation going.

Reports that Kraft was recently seen handing 2 big bags with dollar signs on them to Tomsula.

The trade reinforces my belief that Hooman is on his way out because they can save around $1.4M if they cut him.

Finally!!

Can't wait to share this news with my beloved fiancé

But really, I feel like the team is a little thin at Guard right now. If Jackson or Mason get hurt, who's left? Just Kline? Making a move for Mathis makes sense.

Although I think Kline is a little better than Devey or Cannon at guard, you're right Ross, we're a little thin at that position, especially with Wendell still not able to play yet. Mathis would be a tremendous addition and possibly a great mentor to our two rookies.

Although I think Kline is a little better than Devey or Cannon at guard, you're right Ross, we're a little thin at that position, especially with Wendell still not able to play yet. Mathis would be a tremendous addition and possibly a great mentor to our two rookies.
@DaBruinz updated me up above that Fleming is back and they do have Groy that they just traded for, but Fleming is more of a tackle it seems, and Groy appears to be a JAG... I guess a guard grouping of Jackson, Mason, Wendell and maybe Groy/Kline is fine enough for Week 1, but my concern is having enough guys to play all 3 remaining preseason games. Having Jackson and Mason playing all the snaps the next 3 games kinda freaks me out.

We need to see what we have. Groy should get some reps also.
Yeah I definitely agree. Just the threat of injury has me frightened. Probably partly due to Jackson's scare this week that ended up being nothing.

BB seems to try and take care of players that have played hard for him! Maybe this was his way of taking care of Devey! Plus BB loves him some TE's!

Finally!!

Can't wait to share this news with my beloved fiancé
How can you hate the Whoman? No Super Bowl without him and a couple of clutch catches vs Baltimore.

How can you hate the Whoman? No Super Bowl without him and a couple of clutch catches vs Baltimore.
Hooman is a JAG, but at least he's a reliable JAG. He's not gonna beat anyone with pure talent, he's not the best at any one thing, but at least he knows his routes and Brady can depend on him. Plus he can pretend to be an offensive lineman and confuse Harbaugh (too bad that's illegal now). I would be OK with him being the third TE if Cleveland or Bequette don't beat him out. He can definitely be replaced if an equivalent talent can be had for less money, though.

BB seems to try and take care of players that have played hard for him! Maybe this was his way of taking care of Devey! Plus BB loves him some TE's!

Well wasn't Devey taking some reps at TE as well?

Pats are losers in this deal as they traded a guy who can suck at two positions.

Its more of an inside joke dislike with my fiance lol

Hes a good special team player and such but hes a roster spot they should be trying to upgrade

Last edited:
We only save $585K by releasing Hooman.
You are not accounting for his $400K roster bonus, incentives, and other factors of his salary. His cap hit is $1.5 and change of that only $180K is guaranteed for his prorated signing bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes