PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE trades for TE Asante Cleveland from 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tricked them!!!

@AdamSchefter: Patriots traded OL Jordan Devey to San Francisco for TE Asante Cleveland, sources told ESPN.

Beers on me!!!
Jordan Devey will probably be their starting RT :eek:

Apparently a decent blocker so Hoomanuwani just got put on a little bit of a notice.
Possible. Another possibility is Chandler's knee is worse than we know and bill is preparing to move on without him. Hopefully it's possibility number one.

He competes with Hooman and Bequette for 3rd TE position. The PS developmental players seems the most likely spot, which is fine compared to Devey.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
On a more serious level, they traded a guy who was definitely not making the roster or PS for a guy who might be a good PS candidate. Nice.

Possible. Another possibility is Chandler's knee is worse than we know and bill is preparing to move on without him. Hopefully it's possibility number one.

Christopher Price on Today's practice.

In addition, Bryan Stork, Travaris Cadet, Scott Chandler, Ryan Wendell and Aaron Dobson all came out with their teammates and were part of the stretches, but that group — along with Julian Edelman — spent the bulk of their time working on the lower practice fields running sprints and stretching with a member of the training staff. (Chandler later came up and caught passes from a staff member.)

Poor Felger and Mazz. No more tuba jokes this season.

Maybe Cleveland played the trombone in college.

They'll always have the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology

Devey is gone? Fantastic. New we just need to ship Kline's useless ass out of Foxboro for a bag of footballs and all will be right.

Turn around and use some of that for Mathis.
Or just save it for mid season additions like last season. Don't get me wrong Hooman is a solid player but if you read the scouting reports on both of them, Cleveland is basically what Hooman was when we signed him 3 years ago, a young player with upside who was on another teams practice squad. Nothing wrong with getting younger and saving a few bucks at the same time.

I can't believe they traded Devey! :(

It was giving me so much comic relief on this board when everyone was annoyed with his poor play.:p

Well not a bad deal. Who knows... might even make the team.

Maybe BB hopes to finally win a championship with Cleveland. Didn't work out so well the last time though.

Christopher Price on Today's practice.

In addition, Bryan Stork, Travaris Cadet, Scott Chandler, Ryan Wendell and Aaron Dobson all came out with their teammates and were part of the stretches, but that group — along with Julian Edelman — spent the bulk of their time working on the lower practice fields running sprints and stretching with a member of the training staff. (Chandler later came up and caught passes from a staff member.)
tumblr_memkoljfQK1qcxfado1_500.gif

Hey, I'd trade Jordan Devey for a One Game Parking Pass....so to get an actual JAG with potential for him is amazing.

I think if anything, Bill regrets letting Tim Wright go so early. Can never have enough depth in this league, case and point here.

another 6'5" TE, BB is going to come out with a 3 TE 2 point play that will mystify the league, the Colts and Ravens will cry and Goodell will implement a rule change stating that you can not have 3 6'5"+ TE on the field at the same time.

Actually I think it says a lot about the rookie guards. I really liked what I saw in Jackson and Mason is a road grader who just needs to polish his pass protection. This team could be scary good running the ball with Blount and Gray et al and the treat of a play action pass to Gronk/Chandler/Cleveland

Didn't Devey line up at the TE position during the preseason game? I thought I remember the officials announcing him as being eligible. With Chandler being injured and not playing and Gronk getting few snaps they were a little thin at the TE position. At least the trade fills a need for now. So is the Jake Bequette experiment at TE over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes