PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE-Pitt Gets Higher Boston TV Ratings Than Any Sox Postseason Game Except WS Clincher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NE-Pitt Gets Higher Boston TV Ratings Than Any Sox Postseason Game Except WS Clin

All fanbases are fair-weathered to some extent.

I'm sure the twitterverse for Red Sox fans was completely paradise last year under Bobby Microphone ;)

-and the Red Sox fans never turned against the team after the Beer and Chicken thing.

-and that there were no empty seats at Fenway all of a sudden for most of the year.

****Your funniest contention is how Sox fans go so much to bars and pubs to watch the games. As if football fans NEVER go to bars and pubs on Sundays. Go into ANY sports bar and look around - - do you see the old man demographic of baseball or the 25-49 demographic of football? How many bars and pubs have banners saying "We have the MLB Ticket" vs how many have banners saying "We have the NFL Sunday ticket"????

My point is valid because most of those red sox playoff games were at 8pm (perfect bar time), while 85% of patriot games are at 1pm (which is not a great bar time)
Go into ANY sports bar and look around - - do you see the old man demographic of baseball or the 25-49 demographic of football?" i actually noticed more of the college demographic than the older ones.
"

Re: NE-Pitt Gets Higher Boston TV Ratings Than Any Sox Postseason Game Except WS Clin

I guess the high rating for that game would explain why there were so many loud steelers fans at the game :rolleyes:

Seriously. How were the steelers fans able to almost take over Gillette?

How were the steelers fans able to almost take over Gillette?

I was there. They weren't and they didn't.

I guess the high rating for that game would explain why there were so many loud steelers fans at the game :rolleyes:

You need a new TV.
I was there. There were the obligatory crying towels, as Squealers travel well but there were far less Steeler fans than say Jets fans. And they were pretty quiet except for one moron laughing when Gronk limped off the field injured. 99% of them left early with the Pats still to score not one but two more TDs.

There are 3 types of patriots fans
The pre brady fans
the dynasty leftover fans
and the post 2007 fans

Maybe for you, - - Just because you're a newbie doesn't mean the world began in 2000. There are OTHER eras of Pats fans too:

-The pre-Bledsoe/Tuna fans

-The Pre-Grogan fans

-The Pre-Plunkett/Foxboro fans (The poor Souls Who Could Only watch The Giants on local TV.)

-----

I am a Pre-Grogan fan who came aboard in the early Foxboro/Plunkett era. The mid-70's actually happened and were an exciting time in Foxboro.

Your tired statement of certitude that Pats history is demarcated as Pre-Brady and Post-Brady is ripped frrom the pages of the Boston Globe editorial department.

Agree with Tune. There weren't that many, their obnoxious towels just show well on TV. They were not loud at all. The Pats crowd, on the other hand, was nice and loud. It was a really good game with a good vibe (except for a few moments when they tied it up at 24).

My point is valid because most of those red sox playoff games were at 8pm (perfect bar time), while 85% of patriot games are at 1pm (which is not a great bar time)
Go into ANY sports bar and look around - - do you see the old man demographic of baseball or the 25-49 demographic of football?" i actually noticed more of the college demographic than the older ones.
"

- Yeah, no one goes to Sports Bars on a Sunday afternoon?

and

- college kids are more in the baseball than football demographic?

Nice ones.

- Yeah, no one goes to Sports Bars on a Sunday afternoon?

and

- college kids are more in the baseball than football demographic?

Nice ones.

I didn't say SPORTS bars :rolleyes:

I'm a patriots fan, but i'm simply not buying the patriot nation fanbase just like how i didn't buy the 90s bulls fanbase.

"

Patriots-Falcons on NBC ?Sunday Night Football? Tops All Premiere Week Programming in Rating, Viewership & Demos - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Patriots-Falcons an 8:30 pm game did a 36.0 in Boston

I didn't say SPORTS bars :rolleyes:

I'm a patriots fan, but i'm simply not buying the patriot nation fanbase just like how i didn't buy the 90s bulls fanbase.

Buddy of mine works at an Irish pub in Inman Sq..... there biggest crowds are Pats game, and EPL soccer games. ..

Buddy of mine works at an Irish pub in Inman Sq..... there biggest crowds are Pats game, and EPL soccer games. ..

I'm glad your buddy is credible :rolleyes:

I still can't get over how no one has ill feelings for asante "buckner" Samuel
images
like i do

Most*

And you do know nielson ratings only apply to those who own a Nielsen box?

OMG....How much more **** you gonna throw on the wall and see if it sticks? ? enough with the excuses. ... your getting swollowed here

OMG....How much more **** you gonna throw on the wall and see if it sticks? ? enough with the excuses. ... your getting swollowed here

swollowed :rolleyes:

Ok. . I'm done, you win. This is the worst fan base of all fan bases in the history of sports. .

Have a good day

If you look at the Red Sox rating compared to the worst baseball rating they re exponentially higher, if you look at the Pats compared to the worst performing teams it's not as much of a discrepancy.

I'd also wager bet that most people who follow the Pats well watch 90% of the games or all of them. The nature of baseball is that for the most part even the most strident followers don't watch nearly all the games due the the vast number of them, they open up the sports section and check the box score or they fire up redsox.com on the work computer.

I'm glad your buddy is credible :rolleyes:

I still can't get over how no one has ill feelings for asante "buckner" Samuel
images
like i do

If a cornerback could catch he'd be a wide receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes