PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE-Pitt Gets Higher Boston TV Ratings Than Any Sox Postseason Game Except WS Clincher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NE-Pitt Gets Higher Boston TV Ratings Than Any Sox Postseason Game Except WS Clin

I must confess...at times I'm a tremendous LIAR...board decorum demands a white lie in this case....but I just can't help but wonder how sticky that wicket really is...:madgrin:
Sorry, J, suggesting that a "white lie" is gonna cover this one is wishful thinking. You're headed to the confessional tomorrow someplace in RI and your opening salvo will be, "Good Afternoon, Padre. Do you have a couple of hours?" I'm speaking from experience here...

Re: NE-Pitt Gets Higher Boston TV Ratings Than Any Sox Postseason Game Except WS Clin

I must confess...at times I'm a tremendous LIAR...board decorum demands a white lie in this case....but I just can't help but wonder how sticky that wicket really is...:madgrin:

Sticky? I like the ones you just slide into. My mallet is always ready to knock one up. :eek:

The last time I went to confession, the priest ran from the confessional screaming "DEMON!!! a demon in the church!!! run for your lives!!!.."..all I said to him was "your name isn't Father Further is it, padre?"....that's why I founded Joe Kerr's Church Of Good Looks...every young lady that comes to confession in my church gets my special absolution.. "You look GOOD, my sister...say three 'Spank me daddy's' and five Hail Jokers...and leave your cell # in the collection box"

The last time I went to confession, the priest ran from the confessional screaming "DEMON!!! a demon in the church!!! run for your lives!!!.."..all I said to him was "your name isn't Father Further is it, padre?"....that's why I founded Joe Kerr's Church Of Good Looks...every young lady that comes to confession in my church gets my special absolution.. "You look GOOD, my sister...say three 'Spank me daddy's' and five Hail Jokers...and leave your cell # in the collection box"
Sorry,didn't mean to pick at an old scab...

So people keep talking about baseball and timing

Well

Avg NFL game 3:06
11 mins of actual action

Avg MLB game 2013 3:03
18 mins of game action
I love football and enjoy baseball. But here's some constructive criticism:

The average baseball game of 3:03 is reasonable but it needs to have the same level of time consistency as the NFL. There were several regulation, non weather-delayed Red Sox games this season that topped the 4 hour mark, which is ridiculous. I can't remember the last time any regulation, non-weather delayed NFL game topped 4 full hours.

Sticky? I like the ones you just slide into. My mallet is always ready to knock one up. :eek:

So as Borat would say "Like the sleeve of a wizard"?

Flip side is "What would it be if the Sox weren't any good"?

This all took place while an exceptionally likeable Red Sox team was in the playoffs and World Series.

We aren't talking about the Patriots going up against chopped liver here either.

In this century, I'd say a bottom dwelling Patriots regular season game would mop the local ratings floor with a mediocre/average regular season game Red Sox team.

There are 162 regular season baseball games, 16 football games. I miss a Red Sox game oh well there's a game tomorrow, I miss a Pats game and I have to wait a week to see them play again.

There are 162 regular season baseball games, 16 football games. I miss a Red Sox game oh well there's a game tomorrow, I miss a Pats game and I have to wait a week to see them play again.

We're talkin' MLB playoffs here, however.

You win.

Seriously, this is exactly right. EVERY game in football is critical, for playoff position, home-field, etc. You're always on the edge of your seat at a football game because you know that a loss could mean the end of the bye, or the division. They only get 16 games.

In baseball, the BEST teams lose 65 games.

And fantasy baseball is crap.

I greatly prefer watching football on TV to baseball. I never watch games the Sox aren't playing, including WS games.

Baseball is much better in person than on TV, Football is better on TV than in person.

We're talkin' MLB playoffs here, however.

In this century, I'd say a bottom dwelling Patriots regular season game would mop the local ratings floor with a mediocre/average regular season game Red Sox team.

???????????

You guys do know red sox fans )more than any other boston team fanbase) prefers to watch games in bars and other public spots.

The patriots fan base right now is fraudulent and inflated just like bulls were in chicago during the 90s. The bulls were the most popular team in chicago once jordan and phil started winning championships, but once they retired for good the teams popularity eroded back into the 3rd placed it's in now.

The patriots fanbase reminds me so much of the 90s chicago bulls fans and they will turn on this team when they start losing again.

85% of patriots fans only root for the team to see greatness. How else do you explain how quickly fans at games turn on the team? i remember after the patriots lost to the packers in superbowl how unmoved this city was.

Go on twitter after a loss If you think i'm exaggerating about how fair weathered this fanbase is

You guys do know red sox fans )more than any other boston team fanbase) prefers to watch games in bars and other public spots.

The patriots fan base right now is fraudulent and inflated just like bulls were in chicago during the 90s. The bulls were the most popular team in chicago once jordan and phil started winning championships, but once they retired for good the teams popularity eroded back into the 3rd placed it's in now.

The patriots fanbase reminds me so much of the 90s chicago bulls fans and they will turn on this team when they start losing again.

85% of patriots fans only root for the team to see greatness. How else do you explain how quickly fans at games turn on the team? i remember after the patriots lost to the packers in superbowl how unmoved this city was.

Go on twitter after a loss If you think i'm exaggerating about how fair weathered this fanbase is

Couple of things...Difference between the Bulls run, and the Pats run...During the Bulls run, they were the only team winning in Chicago, while all of the teams here have won championship's. Not only that, but the Pats have gone the longest without a title.

About the Sox having more fans that prefer to watch games in a bar, that might be true, but it never stopped the ratings from being down 10 years ago. Fans will turn on the Pats when they suck, just like they did on the Sox last year, and how they've turned on the Celtics now.

I said this on the Sox forum, but we can argue day and night what town this is, at the end as passionate we are of our sports team, its a bandwagon town. All the Sox gear and pride just recently came out a week ago, it was replaced throughout the years by the Pats and Bruins. And truthfully red sox nation as never been tested with a decade of suck like the bruins, celtics, and old generation of pats fans. I don't think Sox fans would stick around if they had the baseballequivalent of Hugh Millen, Jason Allison, and Dana Barros leading the team.

The Red Sox Fan Base is pretty much the same, remember last year when there was an abundance of tickets... and all of the sports talk. At the beginning of the year the local sports talk mediots were trying to figure out how this team could get 80 wins.. and many believed it... there were promotions to get fans to the park.

For me the issue with Baseball is its length and lack of focus, compare to football.. I grew up with the sounds of Curt Gowdy and my channel master transistor radio, never missing a game.. but over time the NFL has marketed a better product either on the radio, in the stadium or on TV...

Some will jump off the bandwagon when there is a loss, but there is a hardcore following of this team who view it as opportunity to get less expensive seats to Gillette... if you look at the fan base prior to this run they could be described as skeptical, depressed, suicidal and hopeless, but all of this has changed.

Even this year at Pats practices, have never seen as many people present there.. they are verging on having to do something different, due to the crowds.

Couple of things...Difference between the Bulls run, and the Pats run...During the Bulls run, they were the only team winning in Chicago, while all of the teams here have won championship's. Not only that, but the Pats have gone the longest without a title.

About the Sox having more fans that prefer to watch games in a bar, that might be true, but it never stopped the ratings from being down 10 years ago. Fans will turn on the Pats when they suck, just like they did on the Sox last year, and how they've turned on the Celtics now.

I said this on the Sox forum, but we can argue day and night what town this is, at the end as passionate we are of our sports team, its a bandwagon town. All the Sox gear and pride just recently came out a week ago, it was replaced throughout the years by the Pats and Bruins. And truthfully red sox nation as never been tested with a decade of suck like the bruins, celtics, and old generation of pats fans. I don't think Sox fans would stick around if they had the baseballequivalent of Hugh Millen, Jason Allison, and Dana Barros leading the team.

I'm talking about how perfection or bust new england/boston fans are with the patriots.
"And truthfully red sox nation as never been tested with a decade of suck like the bruins, celtics, and old generation of pats fans. "
ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red sox nation were known as the second lovable losers.

There are 3 types of patriots fans
The pre brady fans
the dynasty leftover fans
and the post 2007 fans

Too many games.

I'm talking about how perfection or bust new england/boston fans are with the patriots.
"And truthfully red sox nation as never been tested with a decade of suck like the bruins, celtics, and old generation of pats fans. "
ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red sox nation were known as the second lovable losers.

There are 3 types of patriots fans
The pre brady fans
the dynasty leftover fans
and the post 2007 fans[/QUOTE

Bull ****! !!!

there's a difference between not winning a championship n just pure sucking. I'm 28 years old. The Sox always as far as I can remembered put out a team that always went down to the wire till the end of the season, minus a year or 2. Let's not act like the Sox are the Cubs, or blue jays that constantly have losing seasons.

Cool Guy.... not cool...

"85% of patriots fans only root for the team to see greatness."

I remember all the fair weather Chicago Bear fans at school when I was a kid back in 86. I stuck with the Pats then and I continually root for the underdogs in all sports and welcome the opportunity to play pick-up ball on any challenged team out there. There's nothing better than suffocating defense in any sport to shut good players down physically and mentally

You have a few good points but your forgetting the huge fanbase consisting of those 30 years old and up that have been true die-hard Pat Fans through it all.
Many of these fans can't get tickets or can't afford games.

New England/NY Fans may have less patience than other fans (Seattle, SF)....correlates with our socio-econo setup here in the northeast:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGiD_xInHGU

Last edited:

Too many games.

This is why any "comparison" is disingenuous. The Sox just played a full NFL season worth of games in Oct, and there are 10x the number of regular season games. This huge disparity means that there's no good way to compare the fanbases from TV ratings.

???????????

Would love to help, but you're gonna have to be more specific.

All fanbases are fair-weathered to some extent.

I'm sure the twitterverse for Red Sox fans was completely paradise last year under Bobby Microphone ;)

-and the Red Sox fans never turned against the team after the Beer and Chicken thing.

-and that there were no empty seats at Fenway all of a sudden for most of the year.

****Your funniest contention is how Sox fans go so much to bars and pubs to watch the games. As if football fans NEVER go to bars and pubs on Sundays. Go into ANY sports bar and look around - - do you see the old man demographic of baseball or the 25-49 demographic of football? How many bars and pubs have banners saying "We have the MLB Ticket" vs how many have banners saying "We have the NFL Sunday ticket"????

Sorry, Coolguy, but you are way off-base on this one. Kolten Wong-like off base.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye