PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE Gives Meriweather Second Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much weight

6lbs.

He also increased his measurables @ his pro-day. He ran a 4.40, compared to the 4.45 at the combine. He also had a 39½-inch vert (3 1/2 inch improvement) and a 10'8 broad (Landry jumped 10'3 at the combine).

Griffin is a DAMN good prospect for the Pats @ 24.

pl_1010258.jpg

6lbs.

He also increased his measurables @ his pro-day. He ran a 4.40, compared to the 4.45 at the combine. He also had a 39½-inch vert (3 1/2 inch improvement) and a 10'8 broad (Landry jumped 10'3 at the combine).

pl_1010258.jpg

so like 6 ft 210 now?

so like 6 ft 210 now?

Close to it. Id expect him to go into TC @ about 215 (which is solid). I doubt he will bulk up like Landry did. (Im still scratching my head at how fast Landry put on all that Muscle Mass.) :eek:

Close to it. Id expect him to go into TC @ about 215 (which is solid). I doubt he will bulk up like Landry did. (Im still scratching my head at how fast Landry put on all that Muscle Mass.) :eek:

well its not as bad as merriman puting on like 20 pounds of pure muscle in like a month

Nelson was not the leader. The leaders the front 7. never did i read Nelson is a team leader like Rodney Harrison is for us. I've seen leaders look gulity at times..Harrison is / was considered the dirtiest player..so i guess hes not leader material because dirty play is for losers.

being part of championship team does not make u a leader. i guess Dexter Reid is a leader aswell..Maquise Hill.

I have read as well as seen that Nelson is indeed a leader on that defense, and on that entire team. And Dexter Reid went to UNC, he was never on a championship team.

And as for Griffin, stay CLEAR. I couldn't give a damn how good he was at the combine, that guy sucked last year. Texas' pass defense was one of the worst in the nation. He's living off Huff's name.

Last edited:
6lbs.

pl_1010258.jpg

at pro day , griffin weighted in at 201. so why u saying hes added 6 pounds and is already 210?

You do know that Griffin has added some weight already right? (Since the combine).

you know he weighted in at 5"11 3/4ths 202 at Combine officially? And at his pro day he was 5"11 3/4ths and 201 officially?

thats not adding weight. he lost a pound

I just wanted to add a note to the Brandon Meriweather discussion.

Part of the reason Meriweather is a Criminology major, and wants to be a police officer stems from his father.

Meriweather's dad is a high ranking dade county police officer.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you can knock Griffin for weighing 202 when Meriweather weighed in at 195 at the Combine. Am I the only one seeing this?

Let me see now:

Griffin 5'11, 202, 4.45 40

Meriweather 5'10, 195, 4.45 40

Nelson 5'11, 198, 4.48 40

Gattis 6'1, 206, 4.51 40

Jackson 6'0, 200, 4.52 40

Weddle 5'11, 203, 4.48 40

----- Dividing Line-----

Wendling 6'1, 222, 4.48 40

Piscatelli 6'2, 224, 4.47 40

Rouse 6'4, 223, 4.58 40

Stone 6'3, 218. 4.58 40

As safeties go all of the so called top ranked guys are extremely similar in size. The guys with outstanding size are rated more in the 3rd round however.

Source:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...r=2007&GenPos=FS&sortorder=LastName&order=ASC

Last edited:
at pro day , griffin weighted in at 201. so why u saying hes added 6 pounds and is already 210?

I said "Close" to 210.

I know for a "fact" that he weighed 207 on the morning of 3/31. I have a source who works at the UT strength complex. (Which is "partially why I am so high on him). Griffin is a extremley "determined" athlete, including in the weight room. He claims that he takes inspiration from his Pitbulldogs (which is how my "source" got to know him).

Being a breeder myself, I know where he is coming from.

If Griffin is drafted by the Pats, I am pretty sure that I will end up meeting with him @ the Annual APBT show in Topsfield. Another reason I am hoping they draft him.

You can choose to believe me or not. That is up to you (this is the "internet". But I assure you... It is 10000% true.

Last edited:
I said "Close" to 210.

I know for a "fact" that he weighed 207 on the morning of 3/31. I have a source who works at the UT strength complex. (Which is "partially why I am so high on him). Griffin is a extremley "determined" athlete, including in the weight room. He claims that he takes inspiration from his Pitbulldogs (which is how my "source" got to know him).

If Griffin is drafted by the Pats, I am pretty sure that I will end up meeting with him @ the Annual APBT show in Topsfield. Another reason I am hoping they draft him.

You can choose to believe me or not. That is up to you (this is the "internet". But I assure you... It is 10000% true.
okay so if its just a random day they tell u hes up to X amount, who are u to say that Meriweather isnt 205 now maybe? we odnt know..

okay so if its just a random day they tell u hes up to X amount, who are u to say that Meriweather isnt 205 now maybe? we odnt know..

I didnt say Meriweather was NOT 205. What are you talking about dude? lol-

I can’t answer for Meriweather. I have no idea what he is doing in the weight room, or if he is even attempting to bulk up. Some guys prefer to play lighter. I’m sure we will find out (if he has gained 10lbs) after he visits with Dallas. 10lbs would be significant enough (visibly) for someone to report on.

Last edited:
I said "Close" to 210.

You've got Pitbull's, too? I've got 1 right now but I used to have a bunch. both of my females have died, and I only have one male left now. He's black, with a white maple leaf on his chest.

One female I used to have "princess" gave birth to 24 living puppies total.

Last edited:
You've got Pitbull's, too? I've got 1 right now but I used to have a bunch. both of my females have died, and I only have one male left now. He's black, with a white maple leaf on his chest.

One female I used to have "princess" gave birth to 24 living puppies total.

Yip. Bred dogs my whole life. As did my grandfather. Not sure if you are from Mass, but if you are (and a fan of the APBT) than you should check out the annual Topsfield show. It is a good time.

Most of the modern day APBT's roots can be traced back to Newburyport, and the Colby family in the 1800's. One of the Stud dogs "Pincher" (circa 1896) can be found in almost all bloodlines of today.

Note my handle: "Mo = More Game = Game Dogz = Dogs :rocker:

Yip. Bred dogs my whole life. As did my grandfather. Not sure if you are from Mass, but if you are (and a fan of the APBT) than you should check out the annual Topsfield show. It is a good time.

Most of the modern day APBT's roots can be traced back to Newburyport, and the Colby family in the 1800's. One of the Stud dogs "Pincher" (circa 1896) can be found in almost all bloodlines of today.

Note my handle: "Mo = More Game = Game Dogz = Dogs :rocker:

My dog Princess (who died) came from Alabama, and her father was used for hunting wild boars.

My dog Princess (who died) came from Alabama, and her father was used for hunting wild boars.

She came from some really good stock. Those dogs are amazing.

Bump...

...finally read through this whole thing now that it's real. Hope the BM-supporters are right.

Bump...

...finally read through this whole thing now that it's real. Hope the BM-supporters are right.

yep. wheres "MoGameDogz"..we had a bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference