Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats work out Brandon Meriweather & Kareem Brown

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by DefenseRules, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
  2. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Brown dominated at the Senior Bowl. He was one of the few South DLineman to show up. But like all the Hurricane prospects his effort and motor are too inconsistent. Maybe on the 2nd day, maybe Wilfork and S. Thomas can get a hold of him. He is very talented, but an enigma. Some other coach will fall in love with him, like Vermeil did at the senior bowl, and take him on day 1.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

With the recent additions in free agency, don't rule out us taking Meriweather in the 1st or early 2nd. Meriweather doesn't have a "me-first" reputation, unfortunately he had to defend himself with a gun in an off field incident that was not initiated by him and also got caught up in the heat of battle against crosstown rivals Florida International. Clearly BB will bring someone in the fold even if their record isn't totally clean. Meriweather's positives outweigh the negatives. We need that Ed Reed-esque physicality and leadership in the secondary, especially with Harrison's durability issues.
  4. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Between Meriweather, Griffin and Nelson I tend to like Meriweather the best. Nelson is fastest and Griffin has the cleasest record, but Meriweather has a combination of speed, attitude, physicality and a nose for the ball that could transforn a secondary fast. Bring him in.
  5. FSUPatsFan

FSUPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Having seen both Merriweather and Nelson play in person, its my opinion that Reggie Nelson is far and away the better safety. He is just unbelievable. He is a ball hawk that reminds me of Ed Reed.
  6. TealSox

TealSox Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gotta favor Nelson over Meriweather. Not a big fan of Miami players, but mostly don't like his size and lack of experience.
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

Meriweather is the amazing versatile defensive player. I think they used him in something like 4 or 5 defensive positions. He's also considered more of an "athlete" than a savvy player at any position, which is good and bad. And of course, there's the "is he really bad?" issue, the head-shrinking due diligence deal that worked out well with Corey, but is never a slam dunk.

I thought that would be the downfall for Meriweather, but I am psyched to see that the Pats are considering him.

PFnV
  8. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i have and theres not much difference in talent. Meriweather is a huge ballhawk aswell and Meriweather is like Reed aswell
  9. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nelson is more of a centerfielder. Meriweather is a mor sound tackler, and better at run support, than Nelson. I really like Meriweather, so I am happy BB is giving him a look.
  10. pats63

pats63 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am sure if Nelson isn't going to be @24 then Merriweather is the pick...We definetly need a safety and corner...But what do I know:eek: :eat3: :cool2:
  11. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

and at least we know that Meriweather is "strapped" incase anyone ever "steps to" Wes Welker.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.